User Name
Password

Old 02-07-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
Valgoth Ulv'Sag
A Snow Cougar

Server: Veeshan
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Exclamation Deleted - No longer supported

DELETED - This UI will no longer be published for public use through this site.

Too much of a hassle.

Last edited by Valgoth Ulv'Sag : 08-13-2004 at 07:57 AM.
Valgoth Ulv'Sag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I've been doing quite alot of playing with the attack indicators lately.

Post a link of one that you like and I can try to rip it out of the UI for you to add to your compilation..
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #3
Taxet
A Treant

Nice thinking..and Nice Searching and Mixing ....
Taxet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
Valgoth Ulv'Sag
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
I've been doing quite alot of playing with the attack indicators lately.

Post a link of one that you like and I can try to rip it out of the UI for you to add to your compilation..

I really like the very simple rectangular "Attack" button seen in Kenwoods remix of Drakah's WoW UI.

Looks like this:

...and flashes when in combat mode.

I looked at the code in the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file and copied it over to my MixNMatch directory with the .tga file it uses, but when I started attacking something all it did was throw up a regtangular flashing red box without the graphic. It didn't generate any errors in the UIErrors.txt file, it just didn't show the graphic for some reason.

I'd be real interested in acquiring a working version of that.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #5
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Here ya go.

I have included two versions, one that is always visible, and the other that only shows when fighting.

I loaded them both in game, but let them know if they give you any trouble.
Attached Files
File Type: zip valgoth.zip (9.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 02-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #6
Valgoth Ulv'Sag
A Snow Cougar

Worked like a charm! Thanks!!!

I prefer the one that's visible at all times and that's the one I incorporated. Putting together a new .ZIP and screeny, but will have to finish that tomorrow.

You rock bro!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:59 AM   #7
Valgoth Ulv'Sag
A Snow Cougar

Updated to work with 2/10/2004 GoD patch.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
riaru
A Bat

Question target window

Love the UI.... many details make it functional and very cool looking. I do have 1 problem though. About half the times I zone or camp I return and the target widow is gone. I have to reload the UI without using my setting and it returns... I rearrange the windows as I had them and all is good, till I zone or camp. I tried placing the target window at various locations on my screen and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

any suggestions?

thanks

R
riaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:29 AM   #9
Valgoth Ulv'Sag
A Snow Cougar

Only thing I can suggest is make sure "Show=1" in the [TargetWindow] section of your UI_charname_server.ini file.

Not sure why it would be showing when you log out/zone only to be hidden upon logging back in/finish zoning. Usually ALT-T shows/hides the target window. Does that not work when it disappears?

Other than that I don't have any answers. You might want to contact Drakah and ask him since all I did was copy his Target Window mod ( http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1285 ) into my directory (no files were over written, so it's a completely stand alone mod). He may be able to shed some light on the matter.

Wish I could help more.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:05 AM   #10
brishajaz
A Bat

I loved this UI and it works great for me, thanks for finding all the parts and putting them together. I have one problem, and I'm so frustrated with it. I cannot accept a rez nor can I loot a no drop item. I get the confirmation box but nowhere to click yes.... I have no idea how to fix this or even where to start. Please help!!
brishajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:23 AM   #11
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Simple Solution

OK, I'll spare the background as to why this happens. Here's what you do. In your Everquest directory, find the UI_charname_servername.ini file. Open up that file using Notepad. Use the Find command (Ctrl-F), and look for the following phrase: PopDialog

You should first find a section with a heading of [PopDialog0]. Delete this ENTIRE SECTION of the file. Then, hit F3 to find the next occurence of PopDialog. You may or may not find a section with a heading of [PopDialog1]. Regardless of how many sections you have with a similar heading, delte ALL sections that start with [PopDialogx]... with x being any number from 0 to 9.

Then go into Everquest, and test this out by trying to drop something from your inventory on the ground. Assuming you have confrimation box for dropping items enabled, you should get up a dialogue box asking you to click yes or no.

Note to Admins:
This problem seems to come up once a week, and the section of the FAQ that you typically provide a link to in response does NOT solve the problem. The above fix does.
Vitaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #12
NinyaLita
A Ghoul

Default attack mode indicator help

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
Here ya go.

I have included two versions, one that is always visible, and the other that only shows when fighting.

I loaded them both in game, but let them know if they give you any trouble.

Im using the version that only shows when fighting. I absolutely love it but Im needing a little help with it. I stuck it into a modified Daellig UI and I cant seem to figure out how to make it fit in perfectly... Changing the x,y doesnt seem to relocate the image. What I would really like is to not have the surrounding box but just have the words Attack Mode flash. Id also like to move them to the right some so that they line up vertically over the target bar but still remain in the filigree (perhaps a pixel or two higher in position than now). From what I could gather from reading you have to adjust the tga file to make these changes? Unfortunately thats something I don't know how to do Any suggestions or help?

Player window with indicator:

Link to full UI pic:
http://cpirtle.home.mindspring.com/eq/EQInterface.jpg

Last edited by NinyaLita : 05-05-2004 at 10:40 AM.
NinyaLita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #13
Shadowen
A Ghoul

Default NinyaLita

I like that UI you are using NinyaLita, is there somewhere I could download it.
Shadowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:57 AM   #14
NinyaLita
A Ghoul

Default Ill try

Well, its kind of an ongoing project for umm almost a year now...and sadly I dont even know now which files are default and which Ive modified as I put the default files into the folder to make the error messages go away. Ill try to clean it up some and post it...but the base UI is by Daellig and can be found here.
NinyaLita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #15
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

@NinyaLita

Check your PM Inbox.