Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-15-2004, 02:37 PM   #16
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Just loaded it and this is how it looks.
*edit* I don't wanna remove my surname =p I love the window, just my name keeps getting in the way.

Last edited by mareeuh : 07-15-2004 at 02:42 PM.
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #17
kyle22
A Bat

Default Still

It still goes into HP if you have a surname
kyle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #18
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

It still goes into HP if you have a surname...

Hmm think I just said that =) Surname beside my name would rock =)
Old 07-15-2004, 07:25 PM   #19
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
It still goes into HP if you have a surname...

Hmm think I just said that =) Surname beside my name would rock =)

I am starting to think that it pushes your surname below your name and there is nothing that can be done about it. I can try reformatting some of the information to make it fit with the surname below. Are you set on the window size? Making the window a tad bigger would allow for that. I'm guessing that this is something you don't want to do though. I'll play with a little more to see what I can come up with. Let me know if you have any additional suggestions of how you want it to look.
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #20
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Ok, here we go again. I pushed the information down a little bit without making the window bigger. Hopefully this is enough room to allow for the surname bumping below the name. (If anyone can give me some direction on fixing this or let me know if this is hardcoded. Will help me out a lot in the future.) The only issue I have with the design is that the right top side is bare. I could add the LVL back in, but you had said you already know what level you are, so it didn't matter. I guess if someone else wanted to use this window it might help them out. Is there anything else that you would like to see up there? Let me know and I'll add it in. Otherwise, hopefully this version works for you. If not, I'm at a loss except for making the window bigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plywin.JPG (10.2 KB, 21 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_PlayerWindow.zip (1.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #21
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

A tiny tad bigger would be okay, but I was hoping to keep it how it is. I really like this window, I've had it since I found out there were UI's. I appreciate the effort you've put towards this. Thank you
Old 07-15-2004, 07:59 PM   #22
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Level would be fine, just wasn't necessary for the cosmetics of how it looked before.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:08 PM   #23
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

I didn't know if you noticed I had uploaded the new window. I'd like to make sure that works or is suitable before I move forward. I can add the level back in, or just leave it the way it is. Think about it while to see if this works.

Thanks for being patient. I'm still learning a bit as a go. This has been a good exercise for me. Learned a bit.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:25 PM   #24
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Yes, I uploaded it. Health bar is a bit skinnier than it was to accomodate the name. =/ Perhaps someone knows how to get my surname beside my name so that it would all fit nicely? That would be truly great.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 PM   #25
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Yes, I uploaded it. Health bar is a bit skinnier than it was to accomodate the name. =/ Perhaps someone knows how to get my surname beside my name so that it would all fit nicely? That would be truly great.

It shouldn't have been skinnier, may not have adjusted it enough. Wouldn't be too hard to fix. I am hoping someone will chime in about the name in the HP bar, but I am pretty convinced that it is hardcoded to place the surname beneath the name. The name EQType doesn't include the surname. That is the only 2 choices that there is (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Other than the HP bar being thinner (which can be adjusted no problem) is everything else okay? Is the surname overlapping the HP still?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:55 AM   #26
Minolwen_Saryrn
A Gray Wolf

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via MSN to Minolwen_Saryrn
Default Hope this helps...

Mareeuh from Saryrn I'm assuming, if so glad to help.

Provided your a cleric, I wasn't sure if cluttering the Player Window with AC/Atk was worth it for you. Therefore, I made one xml w/o it:

If you wanted them, I made a second one with it. They are centered for the most part, but I spent enough time boggled over the name thing to get it perfect. Looks like this...

Like I said before, the name thing just threw me off. I see no reference to it in the UI, and I'm assuming it's hardcoded in some way. I just tried to work with it, not deleting anything I didn't have to (in this case, lvl only but your 65 so yah...).

I hope this helps, I didn't change any sizes but only locations. You know where to find me if you need further assistance, and my email is [email protected].
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_PlayerWindow_MareAcAtk.xml (17.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_PlayerWindow_MareNoAcAtk.xml (16.0 KB, 7 views)
Minolwen_Saryrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:59 AM   #27
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

/hug Mino
Thank you
Old 07-16-2004, 07:30 AM   #28
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
/hug Mino
Thank you

By that response I can gather that I shouldn't bother tweaking the window. Oh well, it was still a learning experience to me. Sorry I couldn't help.