Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 01-11-2003, 11:10 AM   #1
Rigorre
A Gray Wolf

Question Help & Opinions Appreciated

I am attempting my first UI, perhaps a bigger project than I expected. As you can see I'm using the WC3 Undead theme graphics (modified to suit my preferences). My first UI will be specialized to the abilities of a necromancer, but I may port it to melee and useable by SKs in the future.

Been working on the graphics and I'm just now getting into the XML editing ...learning a lot from this forum, I might add. Anyhoo, if anyone could look at the attachment and let me know what pitfalls I might have with placement of elements, I'd welcome any comments or criticisms. Would especially like to hear from other necromancers if the placement would work. I do most everything on the right side of the window (which may be a little odd for most people), so I've tried to keep anything I need to click on the right side.

The one question I have is with the left portion of the UI where I intend to put 2 chat boxes. The previous WC3 Undead based themes I've seen uses the pet window for those, but obviously, I can't do that. Was going to use the Help window, but it apparently can't be sized to anything greater than 320x200 (???), so I need another window and I don't know which one to use. Not sure which windows will stay available all the time, even after zoning ...either bug or feedback? Just don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

*EDIT* I should mention that the UI is created for 1280x1024, but the attachment is a little off-scale.
Attached Images
File Type: gif undead.gif (81.7 KB, 107 views)
Old 01-12-2003, 05:22 AM   #2
Telion
A Ghoul

Nice begin, i'll hope see it soon
Like Undeads in WC 3
Old 01-12-2003, 03:46 PM   #3
Tumguror
A Ghoul

Server: Antonius Bayle

Yes , very nice idea, go on and you will design a great UI.

Tumguror
Old 01-13-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
issey
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: fv, stormhammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You aren't the only one who does most things from the right side, lol. I am breaking myself of that habit to some extent (with my melees only right now) but I'm hoping someone takes the lowrider concept and makes a 'rightrider' ui before I manage to learn xml. Since I'm still figuring out how viewport works and the only mod I've done was to follow the steps for changing which slot the right clicky was tied to . . .
Keep on working on your idea!