Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
Fremder
A Ghoul

Server: Tarew - Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Using the buff.bmp texture without editing animations?

I thought I found a thread about this while EQ was down for a few weeks. I can't find it now, and I want to know how to use Geddine's buff window with it's custom texture. To get right down to it, I thought someone said there's a way to use the custom texture for the buffs without having to edit the equianimations file. Pointing directly to the buffs.bmp texture or some such.

Can anyone tell me, or do you even know what I'm trying to explain? Any help would be appreciated. I have just used the mini version by someone else without downloading or editing the animations file. So it uses the default blue/red colors. It's just something I'd like to change to be able to see it with the cool custom texture again.

here's a link to the window I'm talking about.
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=6054

`Frem
Fremder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I did not think it was possible to get a custom image to be used for the buff background imagery without altering the animations file. A few of my UI's uses a custom image and I have to keep the animations file updated only for that reason.

I sent numerous emails to the devs about this, along with a long list, but I dont think it got anywhere. Maybe it was stealth fixed and I didnt realize it?

Curious to find out if there is a way that I have not explored.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Fremder
A Ghoul

Default Your guess is as good as mine.

I also hear they are coming out with a whole new UI when the new expansion hits. I figured it's probably not possible to do this. I don't mind the plain blue/red anyhow. We'll see what happens in the future, maybe a change is coming that will make UI editing simpler.

Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Where did you hear they are coming out with a new UI? Link?

I know they are doing something with the Hotbar, probably an integrated exp/window selector/hotbar thing id imagine, but other than that, havent heard of a full revamp.

Last edited by Drakah : 07-10-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
I did not think it was possible to get a custom image to be used for the buff background imagery without altering the animations file.

I haven't tried this for the buff background, but my Inventory window has 3 custom animations (2 changed, 1 new) without modifying animations. Please let me know if I can help out explaining the code.

"Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

you can make a custom file and then declare it in the window you will be using it in instead of in the animations file...just make sure you dont use the same name or it will default you.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #7
krowebar
ScareKrowe

Quote:
I also hear they are coming out with a whole new UI when the new expansion hits.

I would really like to know if this is true also. I've been working on a new UI designer. Not sure if I should stop and wait now. Like Drakah all I heard so far was something about some hotbars.
krowebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
Fremder
A Ghoul

Default explain how to use custom background image for buff window/

Hal, how would I declare it in the xml file itself? say my file is called buffbackground.png how do I point the file to use that if it's just sitting in the custom UI folder? sorry for the late late reply, life has been kinda up and down, haven't checked in here for a while.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

if you do not wish to alter the Templates and animations files you can simply paste this at the top of your xml file and it will work the same way.otherwise can add the texture to animations and wdt to templates. then at bottom in the wdt section just use WDT_Buff

Code:
<TextureInfo item="buffbackground.png"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <WindowDrawTemplate item = "WDT_Buff"> <Background>buffbackground.png</Background> <VSBTemplate> <UpButton> <Normal>A_VSBUpNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_VSBUpPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_VSBUpFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_VSBUpDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_VSBUpPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </UpButton> <DownButton> <Normal>A_VSBDownNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_VSBDownPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_VSBDownFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_VSBDownDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_VSBDownPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </DownButton> <Thumb> <Top>A_VSBThumbTop</Top> <Bottom>A_VSBThumbBottom</Bottom> <Middle>A_VSBThumbMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Thumb> <MiddleTextureInfo>scrollbar_gutter.tga</MiddleTextureInfo> <MiddleTint> <Alpha>255</Alpha> <R>128</R> <G>128</G> <B>128</B> </MiddleTint> </VSBTemplate> <HSBTemplate> <UpButton> <Normal>A_HSBLeftNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_HSBLeftPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_HSBLeftFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_HSBLeftDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_HSBLeftPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </UpButton> <DownButton> <Normal>A_HSBRightNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_HSBRightPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_HSBRightFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_HSBRightDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_HSBRightPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </DownButton> <Thumb> <Right>A_HSBThumbRight</Right> <Left>A_HSBThumbLeft</Left> <Middle>A_HSBThumbMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Thumb> <MiddleTextureInfo>scrollbar_gutter.tga</MiddleTextureInfo> <MiddleTint> <Alpha>255</Alpha> <R>128</R> <G>128</G> <B>128</B> </MiddleTint> </HSBTemplate> <CloseBox> <Normal>A_CloseBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_CloseBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_CloseBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_CloseBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_CloseBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </CloseBox> <MinimizeBox> <Normal>A_MinimizeBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_MinimizeBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_MinimizeBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_MinimizeBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_MinimizeBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </MinimizeBox> <MaximizeBox> <Normal>A_ChatMax</Normal> <Pressed>A_ChatMaxP</Pressed> <Flyby>A_ChatMaxH</Flyby> <Disabled>A_ChatBlank</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_ChatMaxH</PressedFlyby> </MaximizeBox> <TileBox> <Normal>A_TileBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_TileBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_TileBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_TileBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_TileBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </TileBox> <Border> <TopLeft>A_RoundedFrameTopLeft</TopLeft> <Top>A_RoundedFrameTop</Top> <TopRight>A_RoundedFrameTopRight</TopRight> <RightTop>A_RoundedFrameRightTop</RightTop> <Right>A_RoundedFrameRight</Right> <RightBottom>A_RoundedFrameRightBottom</RightBottom> <BottomRight>A_RoundedFrameBottomRight</BottomRight> <Bottom>A_RoundedFrameBottom</Bottom> <BottomLeft>A_RoundedFrameBottomLeft</BottomLeft> <LeftTop>A_RoundedFrameLeftTop</LeftTop> <Left>A_RoundedFrameLeft</Left> <LeftBottom>A_RoundedFrameLeftBottom</LeftBottom> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Border> <Titlebar> <Right>A_RoundedFrameTitleRight</Right> <Left>A_RoundedFrameTitleLeft</Left> <Middle>A_RoundedFrameTitleMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Titlebar> </WindowDrawTemplate>
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote