Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #151
damij
A Hill Giant

It doe not scroll when full. Even if it did, that is less useful than having it stataionarly-large. What do i need to change to drop it down some?
damij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #152
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by damij
It doe not scroll when full. Even if it did, that is less useful than having it stataionarly-large. What do i need to change to drop it down some?

open the xml and scroll to bottom where it has window size and change the y value to double or triple what it is now according to what you want.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #153
Fortinbra
A Bat

Default wtb update

can we please get a update due to todays new patch!
Fortinbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #154
Halelen

Default Back on

Well looks like I am able to post again so current versions are here. Reworked bandolier and bank windows for the new 32 slot bags,made the windows smaller. Hope you all like them.

Hal
Old 11-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #155
damij
A Hill Giant

The bandoiler window that functions as a bag-widow is pretty skewed; is this a bug or just a side effect of the new giant bags? I really enjoyed the larger-version of this window.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #156
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by damij
The bandoiler window that functions as a bag-widow is pretty skewed; is this a bug or just a side effect of the new giant bags? I really enjoyed the larger-version of this window.

skewed as in?
Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #157
damij
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
skewed as in?

It's suddenly tiny, and mostly nonfunctional because of the size change.

Now: http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7285/nowq.png

Before: http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2366/44619750.jpg
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #158
Halelen

yes that is a by product of accomodating the new bags.. everything still works the same just had to be made smaller or else the window would take upo the majority of the screen.. if you want larger can make it that way..let me know.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #159
damij
A Hill Giant

Yeah I'd love to get the larger version back in.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #160
Halelen

so you want it 32 bag size or ??
Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #161
HSishi
Premium Member

Server: Antonius Bayle
Exclamation Bug in EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml of most Redux UI versions

Hello and Happy New Year

Today I updated my UI sets and noticed a strange behaviour of the spellgems window. I tested it with the Redux UI's V9.1 (Dec 15th, 2011), both caster and hybrid branches.
On my SHM toon 12 spell gems are available, my BST toon just has 8 spell gems.

1. I size the spellbar to minimum required size (just all spell gems and book icon are visible).
2. Then I try to move the window around (which is possible) --> both X and Y sizes increase for some pixel on every move, even if I just click when the "move" crosshair is visible and immediately release it without moving. Repeating this just sizes up the window again and again.
Automatic resizing to a "show all contents" state does NOT work.
Also, the Spell casting gauge does NOT appear.
This occurs with RE Hybrid, QRL Hybrid and QRL Caster.

The RE Caster spellgems window seems to work as intented:
Resizing adds just enough Y size for the casting gauge and X size for all available spell gems plus the spell book icon right of them, even if the spellbook is below the gems.

After I compared the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml files I noticed some differences:
1. Only the RE Caster file contains the contents of lines 344..397 and lines 424..425, which are the casting gauge and casting spell name.
2. In line 291 (<SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren>) of all versions except RE Casters the value is set to false.

All UI versions have an EQUI_CastingWindow.xml but these files are basically empty except of the XML header descriptions.

So, for the moment, I suggest to use the "RE Caster" spellgem window (filename is EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml) in the RE Hybrid, QRL Caster and QRL Hybrid UI as well.

//HSishi

Last edited by HSishi : 01-04-2012 at 10:25 AM.
HSishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #162
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSishi
Hello and Happy New Year

Today I updated my UI sets and noticed a strange behaviour of the spellgems window. I tested it with the Redux UI's V9.1 (Dec 15th, 2011), both caster and hybrid branches.
On my SHM toon 12 spell gems are available, my BST toon just has 8 spell gems.

1. I size the spellbar to minimum required size (just all spell gems and book icon are visible).
2. Then I try to move the window around (which is possible) --> both X and Y sizes increase for some pixel on every move, even if I just click when the "move" crosshair is visible and immediately release it without moving. Repeating this just sizes up the window again and again.
Automatic resizing to a "show all contents" state does NOT work.
Also, the Spell casting gauge does NOT appear.
This occurs with RE Hybrid, QRL Hybrid and QRL Caster.

The RE Caster spellgems window seems to work as intented:
Resizing adds just enough Y size for the casting gauge and X size for all available spell gems plus the spell book icon right of them, even if the spellbook is below the gems.

After I compared the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml files I noticed some differences:
1. Only the RE Caster file contains the contents of lines 344..397 and lines 424..425, which are the casting gauge and casting spell name.
2. In line 291 (<SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren>) of all versions except RE Casters the value is set to false.

All UI versions have an EQUI_CastingWindow.xml but these files are basically empty except of the XML header descriptions.

So, for the moment, I suggest to use the "RE Caster" spellgem window (filename is EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml) in the RE Hybrid, QRL Caster and QRL Hybrid UI as well.

//HSishi

Not a bug, it is operating as intended, the casting bar wont show on those UI's because the casting bar is not on the spellbar for those uis, it is located on the target window for caster and the combat abilities window for melee and hybrid. RE-Caster is the only one designed to have the casting bar on the spellbar. The empty xml is so that the default casting window doesnt keep popping up everytime you cast(it is required to be there or will error out).
Old 01-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #163
HSishi
Premium Member

Ah, ok, I understand. Didn't check the combat abilities window(s) because I was focused on the strange behaviour of the spellgems window.

Now I understand why I didn't have the casting gauge on my shaman with Hybrid UI - Shaman's don't have combat abilities.

I understand now it's a bad idea using the caster's spellgems window with the hybrid UI, because the casting gauge is described multiple times, and if an error occurs (pretty sure about that) I know now why.

But your answer, Halelen, doesn't cover the other issue - self-resizing spellgems window when moved around, in all UIs except RE caster.
Does this occur because of the different "SnapToChildren" parameter value (line 291)?

//Hsishi
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #164
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSishi
Ah, ok, I understand. Didn't check the combat abilities window(s) because I was focused on the strange behaviour of the spellgems window.

Now I understand why I didn't have the casting gauge on my shaman with Hybrid UI - Shaman's don't have combat abilities.

I understand now it's a bad idea using the caster's spellgems window with the hybrid UI, because the casting gauge is described multiple times, and if an error occurs (pretty sure about that) I know now why.

But your answer, Halelen, doesn't cover the other issue - self-resizing spellgems window when moved around, in all UIs except RE caster.
Does this occur because of the different "SnapToChildren" parameter value (line 291)?
//Hsishi

You are absolutely correct. change this setting and you will be able to change the window as you are wishing. Sorry i missed that part in original post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #165
HSishi
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
You are absolutely correct. change this setting and you will be able to change the window as you are wishing. Sorry i missed that part in original post

Thanks

Do you plan to release a new version, a quick patch or just an "official" description how to fix the affected UI files then or do you wait until next patch with larger changes in UI?

//HSishi