Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 02-18-2003, 10:59 PM   #1
Sanctum
Premium Member

Server: Firiona Vie
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Hoping someone might do this for our guild.

Its a generic mod as in no extra images are needed. Im sure it should work after I read the files that could be used. Im no good at XML and would hope that someone can help me for our guild. So Im asking for not help but for someone to do the work for our guild , Oracle of Virtue. I would gladly host the mod for EQUI if someone made it.

Attached is the image of what im looking for:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wishlist.jpg (61.2 KB, 412 views)
Old 02-19-2003, 10:59 AM   #2
Hijiun
A Snow Cougar

Server: Karana
Send a message via AIM to Hijiun

one question do you want it in multiple windows or just one i am kinda new to this but i think i can do as long as none of the bars/buttons you want in the window are not hard coded

i am gunna make this one window untill i hear different PST (email me) at [email protected]
Hijiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:20 AM   #3
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

This mod would take at least 5 windows. Just so you know.
Hotkey, Spells, Compass, Inventory, & Group.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:27 AM   #4
syberwired
A Snow Cougar

Server: Erollisi Marr
Send a message via ICQ to syberwired Send a message via AIM to syberwired
Default Re: The Inventory buttons

Just to let you know, the inventory buttons are functionally dependent upon the inventory xml. I am not sure that they would work functionally in a seperate xml window.
syberwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #5
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Lanys T'Vyl
Send a message via ICQ to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via AIM to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via Yahoo to Lanys.Neoconker

I should be able to do this. I just started modding the other day and I got the basics down. It looks like what you are looking to do is acceptable for me. The only problem would be the DESTROY and SKILLS and such buttons that are hard coded into the inventory window I believe. I am not 100% sure but I think it is. I will look in on it. I will check it out tonight and get to work. Wish me luck!

<Savage Circle>
One Mind. Any Weapon.
- Hunter B. Armstrong
Say NO to overly-broad EULAs. Your computer is YOURS and so is the content on it. If you do not protect and defend your own privacy then expect it to be violated. (Courtesy of Garryck)
Lanys.Neoconker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 02:32 PM   #6
Hijiun
A Snow Cougar

FYI i have made a couple custom playerwindows with group combined in a i have made a hotbutton window with inv slots i think i can code spells into the palyer window ( i can try at least ) i think lanys is right about the hardcoded buttons DESTROY and SKILL and probly ALT ADV too but compass and spells i am not sure about i think compass is hardcoded to the compass window but i think i can get the group inv hotkey and palyer into one window =) wish me luck
Old 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM   #7
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

Hey - its your effort so go on and beat your head against the wall to put it all in one window. But in the end, you'll end up with 5 windows for whats shown in that graphic.

Hotbutton - Hotkeys are hardcoded
Spells - Spell Gems are hardcoded
Compass - Compass is hardcoded (for positioning graphic)
Inventory - Destroy, Auto-Equip - guess what - Hardcoded
Group Window - while this could be added to any of the three windows adjoining it, this would create overlapping windows which cause no-end of frustration - so it's seperate and clean.

There you have - 5 windows - based on the HARDCODING of the program.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:25 PM   #8
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

Send a message via ICQ to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via AIM to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via Yahoo to Lanys.Neoconker

Hey,
I read your previous post. From my undetstanding, you dont want the auto-equip area in your inventory? I can do this but I cannot move it elsewhere, so you would essentially have no auto-equip box anywhere in the UI. Just want to clarify. Let me know!
Old 02-19-2003, 06:43 PM   #9
Hijiun
A Snow Cougar

first off you forgot the player window.... the player and group widow and can be added to the spell gems window ( i think ) and add the inv/equip slots to the spell gem window too thus leaving me with 4 windows

BTW why would you have overlapping group window lol you can make widows bigger thus leaving room for the group window (DUH)

my 2 copper
Old 02-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #10
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

After working on this after school today, (sorry I couldnt work on it before, or it would have been done sooner) I got the hard stuff done. The only thing I could not do is get rid of the backrounds. Still too XML illiterate to do that. So I'm gonna post a SS of the finish product with windows showing. The hotbutton backround is showing because I wanted to show you that the inventory windows and such were there. And I cannot make the backround of the spells window go away without taking the icons with it. So, I'm going to post the files here and if anyone wants to take a shot at removing the backrounds, be my guest. All yours! And your welcome in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guildwish.jpg (23.8 KB, 117 views)
Old 02-21-2003, 07:47 PM   #11
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

And the .zip folder. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip guildwish.zip (11.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-22-2003, 02:26 PM   #12
Sanctum
Premium Member

oh my thats REALLY close
Sanctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 02:35 PM   #13
Sanctum
Premium Member

Ok so lemme see if I have this straight...

In making the "buttons" for the inventory screen you actually use the inventory screen and wipe everything else out?? hrm.

Well other then buttons can you move the "rest" of the screen to another window??
Old 02-22-2003, 03:07 PM   #14
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

I did that because I believe the DESTROY, SKILLS, and ALT ADVANCE buttons have to be in the inventory screen. I can move all the other buttons and everything into the friends window or something. Just make a replica of the inventory into another window if it is possible. I will try that now. Also, I did post some of that information into a previous post somewhere, 1st or 2nd post I think. Lemme see what I can do.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:28 AM   #15
Sanctum
Premium Member

ok I tried it out and was impressed now I get to nit pic

btw this is simply a critique and not meant to be crappy at all you did a great job and thank you for that.

The hotkey window is "incomplete" the borders around the window are undone and it has a background. What I wanted was no background with floating keys and inv slots etc.

The spell gems window is incompatible with the current UI. I think this is because of patching etc. As before with the hotkey window I was looking for floating buttons with no background border etc.

The inventory buttons worked fine but the issue with equiping seeing stats etc was not good

On the hit points could you make that the actual hp numbers instead of percentage? On the aaexp guage.. is there a way to make it animated "only" when underwater? The blue behind the bar is a pet peeve annoy but annoying and weird looking none the less Casting bar is good but the old one still pops up.

What I can do is post the zip of the files I have pieced together using others various stuff and let you rip them apart. Currently what I am attaching is compatible.
Attached Files
File Type: zip oov.zip (35.7 KB, 8 views)