Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2003, 07:45 PM   #1
Saladim
A Fire Beetle

Default slayers clock

I don't pretend to be a UI designer and i could not tell any one what a file was what but i was woundering if there is any way to turn off the clock timer on the Slayer UI , with out generating page after page of UI errors.

I Love this UI and i have admittedly changed a couple things for myself and my playing style but i can't seem to find a use for the numirical timer that is in the lower right hand corner of the UI.

I have some bar timers that i got that i find are simpler for me(heheh and i am simple :) ) that i have imported and am useing to time my Mezz and Speed spells, so it is really just kind of there counting down to nothing.

Thanks in advance

Saladim
52nd Chanter on Tunare
Old 06-06-2003, 01:55 AM   #2
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

When I developed the bar-style slider timers, I stopped using any sort of digital timer in the UI as well. I agree with you that bar timers are much easier to use. It looks like the digital timer included in the Slayer UI is actually one of my older timers, since I can see my comments in the XML file. To remove it, you can do the following:

Open EQUI_GroupWindow.xml in a text editor, and scroll to the bottom. You should see a section as follows:
Code:
<!-- BEGIN timer pieces --> <Pieces>TimerHour</Pieces> <Pieces>TimerColonA</Pieces> <Pieces>TimerMinuteA</Pieces> <Pieces>TimerMinuteB</Pieces> <Pieces>TimerColonB</Pieces> <Pieces>TimerSecondA</Pieces> <Pieces>TimerSecondB</Pieces> <!-- END timer pieces -->
Go ahead and delete the above lines from the file. This will cause the digital timer to not be displayed at all (there will just be a blank area where it used to be).

Edit: Wanted to add that you could clean up the file even more by removing all timer-related XML from the file. However, doing so would be purely optional; removing just the lines listed above is enough to remove the digital timer from your UI.

Last edited by Arista : 06-06-2003 at 06:43 AM.
Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:00 AM   #3
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Two other things you could do:

Open the targa (something_timer.tga) file for the digital timer and make the alpha channel all black

or:

Open the targa (something_timer.tga) file for the digital timer and replace the numbers with weird random symbols, then, intead of a clock in the corner, you'll have a WEIRD ALIEN ANIMATION-majig.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 07:44 AM   #4
Saladim
A Fire Beetle

Talking Thanks

Thanks very much for your advice hehe it worked a treat i now have my Fav UI with out the timer to nowhere

Thanks very much to everyone who works so hard on this site and to everyone that makes the wounderful UI's that we all enjoy so much It is great that you all are able to put up step by step instructions so that computer illiterate people like myself can even use the tags

Saladim
Saladim is offline   Reply With Quote