Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 08-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #121
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Health of Target Target is a Leadership AA and you might not have it.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #122
Nucal
A Bat

Got a question, probably a stupid one, but in your screenshot you have the text input line on your main chat box but not on the others, how did you do this?
Nucal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #123
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

I never noticed that before, but I'd like to know as well.
firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #124
Yeph
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazimil
Also, you can't click off the spell and also rclick for the buff menu.
Haz!

Hehe, noticed this also. Imagine my surprise when i couldn't get off my drog. I had to zone into MPG to get off it, lol.
Yeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #125
AngelofTearz
A Gray Wolf

Hello I love your UI But I had noticed that in my AA window the vetrain tab was gone.

To dismount your drog/horse just type /dismount

Last edited by AngelofTearz : 08-30-2006 at 09:31 PM. Reason: adding commnet
AngelofTearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:51 AM   #126
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucal
Got a question, probably a stupid one, but in your screenshot you have the text input line on your main chat box but not on the others, how did you do this?
Stacked them in order they were created. The input lines are there, just under the other windows. The two bottom ones on the right are just off screen to the bottom.

I fixed the 21st buff slot. Was the order in the XML that was stacking the blank button under the #21 text field. I will post that later today.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:52 AM   #127
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofTearz
Hello I love your UI But I had noticed that in my AA window the vetrain tab was gone.
Some have been losing that tab and hving the same issue. its not a UI problem, its a Sony issue.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #128
dpawson
A Ghoul

Default A few questions

Fantastic work. I'm pretty picky about my interface, and had been using a hodge podge of stuff that was increasingly falling apart. Think I have a new winner. As I'm trying to come up to speed, a few questions...

- The labels under the bank bags. Those require editing the XML files, yes? There isn't some clever way to edit the labels that I missed?

- Several of the buttons/labels in the guild window seem anchored to the bottom of the window rather than the top, so when I resize the window they do strange things. I saw a comment earlier in this thread that said you had fixed a problem like this; is it likely that the full package I downloaded from eqinterface just didn't include this fix? (I'm pretty sure this is a yes; I just noticed a separate guild management window download)

- I have some window that I'm not sure how you envision using. I thought it was the group window, but perhaps not; it is a relatively large rectangular window that seems to only contain Join and Invite buttons; is this a window you incorporate into the UI? If so, where and how?

- I think I get the idea of how you tend to use the HB2 and HB3 banks. Would you typically hotbutton one inventory slot to an entire page of hotkeys, then fill the corresponding bag with clickies, so each clickie could be used by picking it up, moving it directly downward, clicking it, and returning it to the bag? Or similar operations for weapon switches and so on?

- One thing I had done in my UI previously was to simulate the old hitsmode functionality with two transparent windows, and a text window mod that had no title bar. Which was actually a bit of a pain at times for my actual text windows (I could only move them via resizing). What would be the general method for having some text windows with title bars, and others without, if I wanted to try to go down this path?

- The interface seems to lend itself very well to viewport functionality. Is this something you do as well? Any feel for how much it helps?

Thanks again. Good stuff...

Last edited by dpawson : 09-01-2006 at 01:23 PM.
dpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #129
gruesum
A Bat

Default great work !

i have recently disovered this amazing ui .. one thing i cannot figure out is the friends list..when i try to access the friends list .. it opens my bags . is there a work around for this i have over looked?

thanks
gruesum et. al. bertox server
gruesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #130
dpawson
A Ghoul

That is a conscious decision by the author, on the assumption that the bag functionality would be more useful than the friends window. If you actually use the friends window, my guess is you could just remove the friends UI file from your egras folder and you'd get the old window back, but the author could say for sure better than I could.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #131
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpawson
- The labels under the bank bags. Those require editing the XML files, yes? There isn't some clever way to edit the labels that I missed?

use find and replace in notepad when viewing the XML. You can find the labels pretty easily.

Quote:
- Several of the buttons/labels in the guild window seem anchored to the bottom of the window rather than the top, so when I resize the window they do strange things. I saw a comment earlier in this thread that said you had fixed a problem like this; is it likely that the full package I [QUOTE=dpawson]downloaded from eqinterface just didn't include this fix? (I'm pretty sure this is a yes; I just noticed a separate guild management window download)
That was fixed. The updated file was posted under #110 on page 8 of this post.

Quote:
- I have some window that I'm not sure how you envision using. I thought it was the group window, but perhaps not; it is a relatively large rectangular window that seems to only contain Join and Invite buttons; is this a window you incorporate into the UI? If so, where and how?
It used to be the friends window, but its a group window with HUGE heal bars. I developed it for boxing so I could see my alts health easier. If you delete the friends window, it will default back and not hurt the UI.

Quote:
- I think I get the idea of how you tend to use the HB2 and HB3 banks. Would you typically hotbutton one inventory slot to an entire page of hotkeys, then fill the corresponding bag with clickies, so each clickie could be used by picking it up, moving it directly downward, clicking it, and returning it to the bag? Or similar operations for weapon switches and so on?
I dont have them all with the same slot on the bottom row, but yes, that is the concept. I ahve some that are ring, main hand and some that are mostly inventory.

Quote:
- One thing I had done in my UI previously was to simulate the old hitsmode functionality with two transparent windows, and a text window mod that had no title bar. Which was actually a bit of a pain at times for my actual text windows (I could only move them via resizing). What would be the general method for having some text windows with title bars, and others without, if I wanted to try to go down this path?
Its not possible. The chat window is one xml file that repeats itself. I just stack them to cover the text input area.

Quote:
- The interface seems to lend itself very well to viewport functionality. Is this something you do as well? Any feel for how much it helps?
yes. I use viewport to remove unused screen and make the game lag less.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #132
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruesum
i have recently disovered this amazing ui .. one thing i cannot figure out is the friends list..when i try to access the friends list .. it opens my bags . is there a work around for this i have over looked?
If you do not wish to use the bag window, delete the EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml file in your folder. it will default back to normal and the UI will function normally.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #133
dpawson
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egras
Stacked them in order they were created. The input lines are there, just under the other windows. The two bottom ones on the right are just off screen to the bottom.

I fixed the 21st buff slot. Was the order in the XML that was stacking the blank button under the #21 text field. I will post that later today.

Did you end up posting the fix for that 21st buff slot, and I just missed it? I wouldn't have thought it would be a big deal, and sure enough, within a day of using the new UI, this burned me twice LOL

Not that it was enough to get me to stop using it. A huge change from my previous UI, so this is taking some getting used to, but quite confident it will be worth it.

Thanks again...
Old 09-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #134
Umman
A Fire Beetle

Server: Stromm

Love the ui and am using the tribute mod you made but can you make it with the b/b/b hot buttons instead of the a/a/b one. I dont use clickies and prefer the way the b is setup. I also noticed that when I buff my pet it is showing up in the songs windows as well as my pet window, I imagine this is an error or was it designed this way? Thanks

Last edited by Umman : 09-04-2006 at 02:10 AM.
Umman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #135
Egras
A Lost Soul

There is a b/b/b version in the downloads area.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4689

As far as the pet window, Im in the dark on its functions. I dont use a pet on any of my twinks past a cleric one that dies each kill. Was told it was working as intended though.