Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Transparency 'click through'

I recently created a new target window that has a section that is transparent and a hotbutton pad was going to 'embed' into it. I quickly discovered that the target window still remains rectangular, and attempting to click on the hotbuttons simply interacts with the target window instead. I thought I had read a game update where they created a property that made transparent parts of a window click through. Was I smokin' crack or is that true? If it isn't I can take another approach, but this way was simpler and I have my fingers crossed for the property

I didn't want to edit the hotbutton pads directly because I didn't want to lock in to a specific one of the ten that 'docks'.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
moonfish
A Snow Cougar

You could try <Style_Tooltip>False</StyleTooltip>. That seemed to make my text labels click-through in my spellbar mods.
moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

<Style_Tooltip>False</StyleTooltip> only works on elements which have a pop-up tooltip text such as Text items and Gauge items.

It will not make a Background element click through.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Click through was an option I had mentioned to the devs long time ago and several times thereafter and got no where.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

<Style_ToolTip> is an interesting feature and does allow full click through.

If you build a window composed of sub-windows, or components as I call them, you can add the flag on the individual sub components, which prevent them from being interacted with (such as tool tips, etc.)

What use is this? You can use this on a stretchable window to allow sections of the window to be used for dragging if the moveable flag is also added. Great resource.

Now, an interesting tidbit that I discovered during my testing is that if you flag the entire window as Style_TooltTip = true, then the entire window can no longer be interacted with. We are talking no moving, no stretching, no right click, etc. Can be very useful if used correctly, but not something I prefer to.

"Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:10 AM   #6
ccs_88
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlo
... if you flag the entire window as Style_TooltTip = true, then the entire window can no longer be interacted with. We are talking no moving, no stretching, no right click, etc. Can be very useful if used correctly, but not something I prefer to.

Do you still find this to be true? It still brings up a context menu when right clicking a window.
ccs_88 is offline   Reply With Quote