Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
clearbrooke
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Red face Anchors - How do they work?

Title pretty much says it all. I'm (slowly) teaching myself how to do this, and doing a pretty fair job of it, imo. Most of it I at least KINDA understand. Anchors tho... anchors confuse the heck out of me. Can someone explain it to me in very layman's terms how they ACTUALLY work? =\
clearbrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

There are 2 anchors... a primary and a secondary.

Primary Anchor Package and Secondary Anchor Package from Alerynril the Loyal in PoK.

This package contains the primary housing anchor, associated teleport device, and anchor teleport spells for druids and wizards.

You place a "housing anchor" in the grand guild hall or your house.
Once placed, you can now use the associated "teleport device" to gate to that anchor.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Drakah you're adorable.

Let me see if I can remember ... Basically you have the 4 anchors - top, bottom, left, and right.

<TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop> - The top of this element will anchor itself to the top of the container/window. No matter what moving or resizing you do, the element will remained anchored to the top

<BottomAnchorToTop>true</BottomAnchorToTop> - The bottom of this element will anchor itself to the top of the container/window. No matter what moving or resizing you do, the element will remained anchored to the top. This is usually used in conjunction with the BottomAnchorOffset below. You would use this to keep the element anchored to the top of the window but remain the same vertical size. So BottomAnchorToTop with a BottomAnchorOffset of 20 would mean the element would be attached to the top of the window/container and would have a vertical size of 20 at all times.

The next two follow the same rules as above, but in the left/right/horizontal plane:

<LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft>
<RightAnchorToLeft>true</RightAnchorToLeft> (Also, if you mark this as false, the right side of the element will anchor itself to the right side of the container/window, meaning the element resizes itself along with the container/window.

The last 4 dictate how far from the anchor point the element begins/ends. TopAnchorOffset of 5 would mean the top of the element would start 5 units down from the top of the container/window. BottomAnchorOffset of 20 would mean (if <BottomAnchorToTop> = true) that the bottom of the element would be located 20 units from the top of the container/window OR (if <BottomAnchorToTop> = false) the bottom of the element would be located 20 units from the bottom of the container/window. These values can also be negative, making the element begin/end beyond the visible range of the container/window.

<TopAnchorOffset>5</TopAnchorOffset>
<LeftAnchorOffset>5</LeftAnchorOffset>
<RightAnchorOffset>5</RightAnchorOffset>
<BottomAnchorOffset>5</BottomAnchorOffset>

Did that make any sense? (And for those who still do this sort of thing, is that even correct?) lol

Oink! Reborn
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
clearbrooke
A Ghoul

You're awesome, that made sense. Thank you!
clearbrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #5
Drakah
Skinning Guru

wow, I must had been smoking something when I answered that
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote