Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2002, 10:50 AM   #46
Lady Silver
A Wooly Rhino

Default Another Note...

Don't remember now if this has been mentioned.... but it is possible... what if, the gods forbid, the programmers made a MISTAKE and it's a BUG!!! Maybe it will be fixed. Or maybe they just like being difficult and they're gonna leave it. Time will tell. No point arguing about it, really. If you find a fix - great; if it's patched to be movable - great; if not - learn the great functionality of negative integers and 0.

~Lady Silver
Lady Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 04:17 PM   #47
Faille
A Gray Wolf

ForinIronshield, you can comment out the casting window (the purple bar) and the breath window (the teal bar) just fine in the EQUI.xml file. This was part of the very first mod I made, moving those two bars into the Player Window. You still have to have those in your folder, but I think if they're not present in EQUI.xml they aren't loaded. No need to set the size to zero for those two windows at least.
Faille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 04:48 PM   #48
ForinIronshield
Premium Member

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to ForinIronshield Send a message via Yahoo to ForinIronshield
Default Interesting

Thanks for the info
Master Smith, Master Fletcher
Animals die, friends die and I shall die, but one thing never dies....
and that is the reputation we leave behind at our deaths.
ForinIronshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 09:02 PM   #49
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

SIDL.xml isn't the schema, it just names the various Elements that will later be used in the other xml files. In a sense, though, it's sort of a pseudo-schema, since it does define the elements and what they can hold, but it doesn't have the various restrictions or the proper coding for a schema. Based on the files, the schema would be named EverquestData.xsd, although the current schema specification doesn't mandate that be accurate, so we really don't know.

Anyway, buy a "Free the Schema" bumper sticker, maybe we can win them over.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:09 AM   #50
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears
Default Revisited, and an apology

Wow, I'm a jerk.

I think it's like 8 or 9 months after I last looked at this thread, but I just want to apologize to Ak here. I guess I was still learning how to get my ideas across without being frustrated, and I still am.

Sorry, man.

-TJ

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #51
fostage
A Bat

Lightbulb a quick fix

don't know if this has been mentioned yet but.... just put all your wanted gauges, etc. IN the Playerwindow xml and be done with it...*) you can label it what ever you want and lot easier than trying to "reprogram the wheel" i have personally done this on my mods and works great... BTW animations in windows look really cool 8)... and if your goal was to limit resources used by the ui- the amount of gain is minimal at best
fostage is offline   Reply With Quote