Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-30-2002, 12:53 PM   #16
Orpington2019
A Shissar Disciple

Default player info

Yeah, that picture was what I was wanting only without the group info and with as little distance between the % numbers as possible.

As far as anaglog bars go, you do make a good suggestion epiphany. That said maybe a bit larger double gauge with hp above and mana below with markers ever 5% with numbers and that is probably about twice as long or more than the current analog bars...(just an idea)

My roommate and I were discussing this very point today and he stated that he would very much like to see a melee screen that has gauges like you find in a car for the Speedometer and RPM gauges..only with various HP/Mana/XP readouts....I wasn't even sure if you can make this in xml yet...

-Orpingotn
Orpington2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 07:54 PM   #17
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Here it is back in the player window, with the changes you requested. You'll notice something odd. The Current HP (top line) and the Max HP (second line) aren't even with each other. In fact, the top line isn't even with any of the other lines. The reason behind this is because the Current HP eq_type is justified to the right, whereas most everything else is justified to the left.

What this means, is as your HPs increase, the Current HP number will grow to the left, and the Max HP number will grow to the right. You can see this illustrated in the images below. This is what the window would look like with 509 hps and 1509 hps. I have the Current HP tag positioned as far left as it can go, any further would run the risk of you losing the farthest left-hand number if you ever went above 9999 hps.

Based on the other posts, this is exactly what you described. If this is what you want, then i'll go ahead and post the file for it. If not, lemme know what changes you want
Rolleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:05 PM   #18
Epiphany EQ
A Treant

I've never actually tried to change it, but isn't the HPs field justified to the right because it has the <AlignRight> field set to true? Did you try setting <AlignRight>false</AlignRight>?
Epiphany EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:36 PM   #19
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

as a matter of fact, no I didn't. hehe I'll check it out right now. Thanks for the tip Epiph!
Old 09-30-2002, 08:45 PM   #20
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

I can't believe I overlooked such a simple switch, geez. Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

Old 10-01-2002, 05:46 AM   #21
Orpington2019
A Shissar Disciple

Default Beautiful!

That is simply beautiful!

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

&))

/kneal humbly to those who are greater than me

Thank you so much Rolleo and Epiphany!!!

This makes me quiver with delight...LOL

If you could post this it would be fabulous!!!

-Orpington
Orpington2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:55 AM   #22
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Here ya go, hope ya enjoy it