Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 05-01-2003, 03:38 PM   #1
Zyphun
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default ZyphunUI (Part KaoUI / Part TKing)

It's been a while since anyone bothered to update Kao's UI sooooo.... I thought I'd post mine. It's not exactly Kao's anymore, it's more a TKing's now, but after trying out TKings G2/Celtic yesterday, I decided I'd stick with mine. Actually I thought I’d go one better and post it here. So here it is for your approval… or not.

I am pretty decent at modifying the code so if you have anything you'd like me to change or add; post it here and I'll do my best to get you what you want. My next addition is going to be adding those color coded indicators to group windows, not that I like it much yet, but I figure enough people do so I might as well let it try and grow on me. ^_^

Screenshot of my UI (Top part is normal, bottom is with a bunch of the windows open)

Download my UI

[65 Prophet] Zyphun (Froglok)
.: Roaming Mystic and Tarot Card Reader
.: Povar Server
"It is the test of man to let those that come before him fade. It is the folly of man to never learn from their mistakes."
Zyphun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 07:57 AM   #2
Hmerly
A Gray Wolf

Any chance you could do a different casting bar? I really like Daellig's casting bar as its horizontal and includes the target bar within it. It would fit very well with your theme and help to reduce your vertical profile.
Hmerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 09:39 AM   #3
Jamul
A Gray Wolf

Default c/c

I think it'd be cool if the spells were shrunk and placed directly in between the player window and inventory(where rings are) box.
Maybe shrink the main chat just enough for it to fit?

Then you could move the pet window over to the left and it'd fit directly above all 3. Then the target window could be placed directly over the main chat.

IMO, this would give you a area down on the left where the player could do a lot of clicking.
Jamul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:15 AM   #4
Zyphun
A Gray Wolf

Default New/Old Spellbar

While I didn't have time over the weekend to tweak out a new horizontal casting bar, I did have time this morning to locate the old Kaori UI and snag his spell bar. It fits in height with the rest of the windows. Already included in the UI in the 'Add' sub folder is both a flat casting bar and flat 'no frills' target bar. ^_^ As for moving the pet bar, to do that in your own ui is move it over and move the target bar on top of it if you like. I am still not happy with the pet control window and I plan on twinking it in the future. I am just not sure how yet. ^_^

BTW if you like a piece of someone elses UI, try just overwriting the one in mine. If it's written correctly it should work. Just remember there may be graphic files that go with it and you'll need to copy those over too.

Here's a preview of the spell bar, click on the attachment below to download it and then just copy it into the ZyphunUI folder and over right the file that's already there...

Attached Files
File Type: zip zui-spellbar.zip (2.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-16-2003, 04:34 AM   #5
Zyphun
A Gray Wolf

This is just a notice that I made a few changes to my UI. All were suggestions and observations made by people that have tried or use my UI. I look forward to the challanges give and ever more forward to finding the time to do them ^_^ hehe

Changed in this update is:
Fixed the Short Buff Duration Window (Song Bar): You'll now see the graphic as well as the colored background. *thanks Zonaa*

Added Weight and Max Weight to Compass / Stat Bar: This is a direct request from someone that sent me a tell in game. ^_^ *waves to Grubs*

I also added code to the group window so the UI won't report an error when it's loading. I am still not sure why it wants all that in there so I just have to move it off to the side.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:01 PM   #6
BrianA
A Fire Beetle

One thing I noticed when I started using your UI. As a beastlord, the pet window is screwed up. The "warder" part of my pet is overlaid over the guage. I tried to figure out how to move it over, but had no luck.

Also a request, would it be possible to remove the stamina bar from your player window and make it a pet health bar? Similar to this:

Again, I tried, but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks! Love the UI!!

BrianA
BrianA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #7
Draky
A Ghoul

Any update for the new stuff? Would be nice to use those 2 extra slots in the bank without having to load to default and then load back.
Draky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:06 AM   #8
Yarg Soulfyre
A Hill Giant

I really like this UI.
I was a Vert fan or a long time, got converted to Daellig.
I loved the Daellig UI, but it seems the latest patch has rendered it unstable.
Only thing I can't seem to find is the new spell book commands
that link off of the book button on the spell bar. Am I doing something
wrong or is it indeed something that needs to be fixed?
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: well I had to reinstall EQ because of some bug problem I developed
with crashing to the desktop randomly.
When I reinstalled this UI though the spell book set thin was working.
So No need to "fix" anything there.

Do have one other request though: could you make it so the buff sets don't have the text elow the icons?
I am definitely hooked on the UI.

Thanks a bunch

Last edited by Yarg Soulfyre : 06-17-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Yarg Soulfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #9
Zyphun
A Gray Wolf

I am going to start working on a new update for ZyphunUI semi-nearish future (I should be starting sometime in the next week or two). I'm currently working on a new pet window, something that will give pet/warder users something they can really use. As for making a bank window, I haven't modified the bank windows; they should be loading from default. ^_^ As for a buff bar without names, I'll put that in the next update, but you should be able to put just about any buff window you want there. I know that alot of UIs don't have them. I like it there because I can see what are harmful at a quick glance and what are not. If you want something added or changed, now is the time to speak up ^_^
Old 06-18-2003, 06:35 PM   #10
Yarg Soulfyre
A Hill Giant

Excellent!

I am still too new to this xml stuff to try modifying your files to remove the tags myself.
I tried with SIDL, but couldn't get it to work. I am patient though and can live with it for a while.
I am in a raiding guild, and pretty much have full buffs all the time.
I almost always set them up in a specific order, so when I do get a dot or malignant buff, I can spot it right away anyway.

Learning to adjust to the combine at the top on bags too, but I like the large button size for that,
as well as the fact that I have access to the hot slots in inventory at the top of the bag window.

One more little thing to maybe add as an option would be a full size vendor inventory window.
I go shopping a lot and the tiny icons are a tad hard on my old eyes.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:22 AM   #11
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Tryed to get normal mouse courser (sp) with no luck.
Any easy way to explain?
Animation file is big hehe
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 09:56 AM   #12
Brimztone
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Povar
Default Nice merchant window

but what happens when you press the ALT key to see what the items are? don't the names run together?

A Nasty Elemental with a Gnome Pet
Gnomadic Arch Magus
Officer of Dark Legion
The Green Midget of Povar
Brimzkinz Custom UI Forum
Brimztone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 08:15 AM   #13
Poetsword
A Ghoul

Server: Prexus
Send a message via Yahoo to Poetsword
Smile

I love the merchant window...is it easy enough to mod other UIs with it?

Poetsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:15 PM   #14
Zyphun
A Gray Wolf

Update: Getting close to getting to really working on the UI again. I've been fixing some bugs in the UI off and on, still working on my pet window (want to make beastlords happy and as well as accommodate people that don't have pets without having to add tabs and keep it streamlined.) It's possible I see it in my head I swear.

As for a cursor, I'll post the change you need to get rid of the custom cursor. It's not hard. Better yet I'll see about just posting an edited animations file.

As for the merchant/loot window, yes the 'ALT text' or tooltips overlap. I haven't figured out a way to get around it, I am looking into it though as I really don't like it either. The pain of it though is worth it to me so I can easily see everything on the merchant (to make sure I am not missing any hidden goodies someone sold) and on my corpse (for fast looting). You should be able move the merchant window over to another UI, it might not be pretty, but it will be functional. hehe I am not sure though as I didn't write it ^_^ My UI is nothing more then a collection of what other people did with some modifications I made to them and other parts of the UI. ^_^

One of the things I want to do in the next release is to standardize the look of everything, some windows are using different background textures along with tooltips being different styles. Just a lot of nit picky stuff I hope makes the UI look more polished. Anyway, please keep posting your ideas and wishes, I'll do my best to address them and add them ^_^
Old 08-31-2003, 08:10 AM   #15
Samthin
A Bat

Default Heya

Any chance you could do an update of your UI from the August 28th patch please =) I have multiple characters I run using your UI and really enjoy it.

Best Regards
Samthin is offline   Reply With Quote