Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 05-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Fyrecaster
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Looking for help/advice

OK after reading the following quote let me say that the intention of this post is to ask for help, advice and or ideas on how to make the image file that follows the quote below to become a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grottel
Please sticky this thread.

I see a number of repeated requests. This is due to 2 reasons 1) people dont browse back to old posts and 2) the limitations of the new UI are not very clear.

Taking the 2nd point first, the new UI allows modifications to the APPEARANCE of the application. It does not allow any changes to the functionality.

Examples of stuff that we simply CAN'T MOD at this time...

1) CLOCKS - real time/game time display of clocks
2) webpages - using the STMLBOX like for the help
3) Spellbook - showing all spells
4) Guauges can only be horizontal
5) Timers / animations cannot be reset or restarted http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2346
6) autoequip cannot be moved to other windows
7) Location (/loc) is not available to be shown or used.

I highlighted #7 because it is the specific issue that I am trying to work around. Look at the proposed Compass Window image that I generated below and you should be able to get the idea of what I am trying to acomplish.

Remember the image file is only the proposed compass window I would like to try to build. I am asking for help however since I am still rather new to XML programming, and dont have a ton of skill/knowledge right now, but a great desire to learn. Any and all help, advice and/or ideas will be greatly helpful. I am providing my email link [email protected] for ease of conveying extensive messages.

Fyrecaster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Compass Proposal.jpg (132.8 KB, 72 views)
Fyrecaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

The only way I can think of to do that would be to use a dedicated hotbar for it. If you integrated the compass into your player window, you could even keep the other 9 hot buttons usable and just have a custom buttom template for the /loc button and drop a /loc social onto it.

The other problem will be filtering /loc. I believe its linked to "other" so it will come through with zone wide emotes, and that would be a mess on raids.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
Fyrecaster
A Hill Giant

Angry Scary

Ok thats just scary, I had actually begun work trying it in a seperate window where I could still have hotkey accessibility. Had everything working fine until I tried adding the STMLbox (chat window output). The result is a semi working applet, where the compass strip and hot button work, however theres no chat output. The problem I am running into seems to be that unless the STML coding is being sent to an actual chat window, you cannot get it to parse the text What I may end up doing is forwarding the idea and image file off to SOE, because it appears that without having the extensive hard coding knowledge to put all the elements into 1 window it may not be possible. Not giving up on it, yet at least if I send it into them, there is a possiblity they may like the idea and design and have the programming team work on something very much like it, who knows but may be worth a shot.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

The button is part of a default hot button or did you get one to work on its own??
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #5
Fyrecaster
A Hill Giant

Bah I hate it when I have to retype everything cause browser gets closed. So here goes again.

Ok basically I tried putting it into the MP3 window due to MP3 window recieving STMLbox chat output and having hot buttons. The graphic file worked fine, the Hotbutton appeared , but not 100% sure that it had funtionality. Checked coding against pet window, hot button window and MP3 window before making the hot button I wanted. I had to get the hotbutton information for funtionality from my test characters friend list ini file, since thats where the hotbutton information is kept. Below in royal blue is the information the ini uses to tell the game what funtion to use, I just modified this and worked it into the XML code.

[Socials]
Page2Button1Name=Mezzing
Page2Button1Color=0
Page2Button1Line1=/gsay Attempting to Mezz <>>> %T <<<> !!!
Page2Button1Line2=/gsay You Break it = You Kill it !!!
Page2Button1Line3=/cast 1
Page2Button7Name=H Corpse
Page2Button7Color=0
Page2Button7Line1=/hidecorpse allbutgroup
Page10Button12Name=Location
Page10Button12Color=0
Page10Button12Line1=/loc
[HotButtons4]
Page10Button10=E119

The failed result was that the UI was not compatible with thier system, gave the red message but did not revert to default. As for the STMLbox chat output, it drew the box but I could not filter anything into it. I suppose this is due to it not being in a dedicated chat window, who knows, I had figured that since the MP3 window already recieved STMLbox output that it could also be set up to filter the information that was being sought.