User Name
Password

Old 08-21-2002, 12:03 AM   #1
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Simple screen-wrapped UI

Here's is a shot of my attempt at modding my UI. I needed something that gave me access to all the pertainent info right on my screen without having to open other windows. But of major importance was the necessity to have as much available clear space as possible. (I hate having to move something just to follow a mob when I'm medding.)

Some of the things I put in this UI were at the request of a paladin friend of mine who wanted certain things available for melee purposes.

One of the things you'll notice is that I do not have a 'Target' window. As things stand currently, VI didn't give us a means of adding new windows, and I had a need for a clean window for things like maps and trade skills and such. I took the gauge off the Target window, put it on my 'Actions' window under both the 'Combat' and the 'Skills' tabs, so you almost always have your target visible. This left me with a totally empty window that I could do with whatever I chose.

I left my map/trade skill window off the screenshot cuz I didn't want to step on anyone's toes or pinch any nerves. Besides, I didn't make the maps for it, and didn't want to steal anyone's credit. I did, however, incorporate full color maps from some of the popular EQ map sights into my UI.

Another thing you'll notice right away is the cool Spell icons, as well as the nifty spell book. Thanks go to T. King for his incredible talents and taste in graphic detail. I really like his work.

Take a look, and if you like what you see let me know. Copies of all files are available on request.

Find the files here!

Last edited by Dolby : 08-25-2002 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:25 AM   #2
Eleina
A Gray Wolf

I love this, truly, I'd like copies of your files. Especially the upper right hand corner stats/bars and stuff. Very unobtrusive, which is good because I'm like you, I hate having my entire screen covered
Old 08-21-2002, 09:01 AM   #3
Weegie
A Gray Wolf

Hmmm, corners, yeah, lets see the corners.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:28 AM   #4
GurgieTrueshot
A Bat

Server: Tunare
Send a message via AIM to GurgieTrueshot

I absolutely love this skin and I just sent you a Private message requsting a copy of it. I just wanted to post the suggestions i made to see what other people thought of them. Not being an artist i dont really have a good eye for this stuff but I think it might help. I only see 2 very minor things that I don't like about it.

1. I love having the percent numbers right next to the health bar and int the group window. That though is very minor and not a big deal.

2. The other is that the Group window seem out of place. I don't really know where to but it but maybe you could mold it in under the EXP area. Or some where else. Like I said im not an artist and i dont know what would look best.

These are just some suggestions but i think any one that looks at this UI would agree that it is some of the best. It is very practical and leaves alot of room for the player to customize text boxes and things like that. A very huge thumbs up to this skin.

Gurgie Trueshot
38th Ranger of Tunare
Pround Member of Unity of Honor
Old 08-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #5
Mischief
A Snow Griffin

I want!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:34 PM   #6
Radiof
A Fire Beetle

Server: Mith Marr
Send a message via AIM to Radiof

i would love this please email me at [email protected]
Old 08-21-2002, 10:17 PM   #7
Zanowin
A Fire Beetle

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to Zanowin Send a message via Yahoo to Zanowin

Where have you been all my life I would definatly love this skin... there are a few things I would not need (being a melee class)

1. Move the buffs to where the spell gems are now (and remove the spell gems completely)

2. Also get rid of the Mana bar.

I know I'm not really good with xml but I would really love this UI if the above changes could be made
Old 08-22-2002, 04:05 AM   #8
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Default Alterations

Ok, since I seem to have stirred a bit of interest with these mods, I'm going to be making a few 'alterations' to try and meet some of your requests. Give me a day or so, and I'll post a screenshot here.

As for those who have sent me private messages, I have recieved them and will provide you with a copy once I atleast add the group window to the Player info window.

In a way I kinda like the idea of putting the group gauges on the player window... it frees up another window for me to use elsewhere. By putting the target gauge on the Action window, I gained an extra blank window there, now with the group window... I might be able to actually do some interesting things finally.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:29 AM   #9
lizzari
A Ghoul

Server: Torvonnilous
Cool

i think, i like this ui !!!!

well done

http://www.everquester.de
Old 08-22-2002, 05:27 PM   #10
Magistar
A Bat

Default Request

I got the Mod, love it. I do have 2 Questions:

1. Can the rem_buffs.zip or rem_bigbuffs.zip mods be used also? They essentially add names to the buffs window.

2. I am in lust with the inventory window from Techno donuts. Can I use it as well as your Mod, I only want their Inventory window. Here is link to their thread: http://forums.eqinterface.com//show...s=&threadid=746
Old 08-23-2002, 07:33 AM   #11
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Default re: rem buffs

Yeah, those mods shouldn't be a problem at all. Infact, I believe they replace the existing Buff window files, so in effect that mod would replace my buff window with it's own code, so it should work fine.

My buff window is really just a mod which uses smaller icons to save space. Everything else is pretty much the same.

----------------------------------------------------------

As for the changes I'm making to this UI mod...

I should have something posted here by the end of the day today. At the very least I'll have a new screenshot and a link or 2 for downloading the mod files.

-Cormanth
Old 08-23-2002, 08:17 AM   #12
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Default UI Alterations

Ok, many of you have been asking for various changes to be made to my [work in progress] UI mods... Some of you, like me, are after a non-obtrusive UI which doesn't block so much of the screen. And others just want the goods displayed as best as possible. That's all well and good, and I've been working on a change to my 'Player' window as seen here...

Here's the rub... as you can see from that screenshot, the addition of the Group health gauges has begun to block more of the view. Now, for those of you who just want a nice place to show your group members, I am willing to finish this mod for you. But for those who are concerned about block the screen.... take a look at this screenshot carefully and decide if this is what you want.

Basically, I'm asking for your input here because I can't decide for myself whether or not I'm liking the way this is turning out.

-Cormanth
Old 08-23-2002, 10:33 AM   #13
Enna `Re
A Bat

Send a message via ICQ to Enna `Re Send a message via AIM to Enna `Re

I like the group window.
I run in 1280x1024 on a 21" screen so I feel the small amount of space it takes up is worth it.
I like being able to look at my health and everone else's at the same time, very convenient.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:28 PM   #14
Peon25
A Ghoul

Server: Xegony
Send a message via ICQ to Peon25 Send a message via AIM to Peon25 Send a message via Yahoo to Peon25

I actually dislike the group window.. I'd probably want the normal one, and I'd remove the Main window (since I don't play with it on the config windos up).

I really like your compass.

Is there anyway to put a drop area, like what's normally in the inventory window, next to the 8 inventory slots? It'd be beneficial when switching stuff out, etc.. it's not a biggie if it's not possible.

I still like your compass.

Is there any way to put numbers to the right of, and below the spell gems, to identify which is which when using Alt-# to cast with?

I do like your mod though, it's a very cool idea.
Old 08-24-2002, 04:58 AM   #15
lizzari
A Ghoul

Server: Torvonnilous

i grp`d yesterday evening the first time mit th enew UI. u MUST (hehe ) change the grpwindow.

another idea is, that i show the MANA status as a NUMBER (just like the EXP status). possible u can make a button out of it (effekt on button: reports MANA in Grp Chat).

greetz, lizzi (ps: moving tonight (9PM.CET) to LGuk... hope new UI wont get damaged, hehe )