User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2003, 07:44 AM   #16
Kailayla
A Ghoul

Server: Saryrn

Pand.

GeForce 5200 FX here also, works fine.
Maybe you have something else set wrong or a file not in correct directory.
Kailayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:48 PM   #17
EliasCZ
A Gray Wolf

Lightbulb ...........

GF4 Ti 4200... ring doesnt show... yet I know ppl with same card that see the ring...

I did copy the important files to my custom UI, reboot, click option to show ring in options of course... ring does NOT show...

I load default UI, make sure right options clicked, I reboot, ring does NOT show...

I delete default, repatch to get new files... I reboot... Ring does NOT show...

I download latest video drivers from NVidia, latest DirectX etc... Reboot... ring does NOT show...

I delete all the other UI's with only default left... reboot.... ring does NOT show...

I pull all my hair out depressed about all the lost time fooking around with this feature, which obviously does work for other GF4 Ti4200 users... the ring does NOT show...

Any advice? Obviously it isnt all about the type of your graphic card...

Elias
EliasCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:56 AM   #18
broken
A Bat

Radeon 9600 Pro
Catalyst 3.9 drivers
DX 9.0b

One thing you may want to look for, this has been happening tome. My target ring is appearing only in the wrong place.

My target ring doesn't appear around what I'm targeting but way out in space either above or below me. In air tonight on the bride leading towards Avatar of Smoke I targeted something and noticed the yellow ring hovering in the air above me to my left.

Hopefully this will allow people to gain more insight. I've had this happen a number of times tried every post I read on tips to try and no change.

-Avryce, Veeshan.
broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 02:23 AM   #19
SirRojen
A Bat

Elias,

Same exact issue ti4200, not that it matters.. but it might.. you running amd or intel? I have amd. I doubt that would matter.
SirRojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:28 AM   #20
Dlaritan
A Fire Beetle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I 2box on a laptop and a desktop. The IBM thinkpad p4 runs radeon m7500. The custom desktop runs a Ti4400.

On BOTH machines, with default UI... sometimes the target ring is there... and sometimes its not.
Dlaritan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:01 AM   #21
ChandonMT
A Bat

Server: Morell Thule
Default 98-ME Vs. XP ?

I've confirmed this list of systems using ATI graphics cards where the target ring does (and does not) work on.

It WORKS on:

Windows98 with Radeon 7200
Windows98 with Radeon 9800 Pro
WindowsME with Radeon 8500
WindowsME with Radeon 9800 Pro

It does NOT work on:

WindowsXP with Radeon 9200
WindowsXP with Radeon 9000 series for Laptops

The problem may platform specific (XP Vs. 98-ME) for ATI users at least. The only time I've seen the target ring fail on Windows98 was with an old ATI 128 Pro with 32mb video ram.

If anyone has seen the target rings work on an ATI card using WindowsXP, please post here
Old 11-10-2003, 11:16 AM   #22
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: 98-ME Vs. XP ?

Quote:
Originally posted by ChandonMT
If anyone has seen the target rings work on an ATI card using WindowsXP, please post here

I run Win XP Pro, P4 3ghz and an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, Display is set to 1280x1024 32bit, no problems Target ring shows up fine.

2nd acct system is a P3 850mhz with a ATI Radeon 7200 running Win98, display is set to 1024x768 32bit, Target ring shows up fine.

Both systems have new Models on and spell effects as well as level of detail set to high.

Mav
Old 11-10-2003, 03:21 PM   #23
EliasCZ
A Gray Wolf

Default to SirRojan

SirRojan, I am running an AMD XP 1900, well I know Intel is the more "supported" processor, but still... (long as Intel is twice as expensive as AMD where I live, there is no way an Intel is getting into my case)

Elias
Old 11-10-2003, 04:07 PM   #24
Ssmokey
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Ssmokey Send a message via AIM to Ssmokey Send a message via Yahoo to Ssmokey

My main system uses a FX5200 with no problems.

My laptop uses an ATI Radeon 7500 64mb Video Card, and it works fine too, despite it being on the list.

Is there anything I can on my laptop to provide technical information that would help others in troubleshooting there problems? Perhaps there is a file or something with config settings. Let me know and I will get the info to you.
and the Enchanter formerly known as,
Visionery Ssmokey Joe - Coercer
Ssmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:26 PM   #25
Catweazel
A Ghoul

Default Fix for ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

Like many people I have been unable to get the target 3D ring working until today.

The solution for me was to use the 3D Analyze utility (http://www.tommti-systems.com)

Need to enter the Device ID and Vendor ID number obtained from the ATIInfo utility ( http://www2.ati.com/drivers/ati-util-may2003.exe) in decimal format - the ATI utility reported the deice ID info for me in hex format which I had to convert.

Other settings:
Force SW TnL setting checked (3DA prog)
Application executable - eqgame.exe
Application pre-start - EverQuest.exe

UseTNL=TRUE (eqclient.ini)

This fix apparently works fine for other ATI cards.....
Not perfect but it works ok

Without this 3D-Analyze software I was unable to get any 3D ring at all with a lot of playing around. The ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 card I am using has 32Mb memory.

Hope this helps somebody else

Last edited by Catweazel : 11-10-2003 at 06:13 PM.
Catweazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:48 PM   #26
EliasCZ
A Gray Wolf

Default again that damn 3D target circle...

Ok, I know lots of things I tried was prolly silly stuff, yet by now, I believe its about something silly really...

My comp = AMD XP 1900, GF4 Ti4200, 1gig Ram, Win XP

3D targeting circle does NOT work after I tried all this :

note: in between all these actions I did reboot my computer and customized the files offline AND online (just in case it would matter)

1. copy new patch UI files to custom folder
2. running only Default UI
3. using a custom UI with which people see circle
4. copy the new .xml .ini .tga files from someone who can see the circle
5. delete all my chars setting just in case it would somehow matter what char you log in to test it with *shrug*
6. getting all the new video drivers and directX

And THEN I figured out why it DOES NOT WORK....

I went to my eqclient.ini file (which is located in your main EQ dir.... you open it and scroll down the the line which says ....

UseTnl=FALSE

you then change it to

UseTnl=TRUE

it seems that the button in options is bugged and for some reason doesnt change this option (dont take my word on it, but according to people, this should be the one option in your eqclient.ini that should be changed when you switch the 3D targetign circle button in your options)

Either way, after I did this, the 3D targeting circle appeared right after I logged in, I hope this will solve problems for all that cant make it work....

Good luck

Elias - Morell Thule
Old 11-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #27
EliasCZ
A Gray Wolf

Default If you can not find the "UseTnl" line....

If you cant find the "UseTnl=FALSE" line in your eqclient.ini file (located in your main EQ dir) normally its in [Defaults] the 1st section of the eqclient.ini on the top... it should be enough adding this line to [Defaults]

UseTnl=TRUE

mine was located right above ShowGrass=TRUE and below Useumbral=TRUE

If this still doesnt help you, you have prolly one of the cards currently not supported (my friend tried what I told him, yet it didnt work for him with his Radeon 9000 Pro)

Elias - Morell Thule
Old 11-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #28
zonnai
A Ghoul

BTW, my UseTNL=1

Not sure if TRUE works... but, just FYI.
zonnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:16 AM   #29
imezru
A Ghoul

Default sis prob?

I have a SiS 651 video card, and I can't get the rings to work either =/ . Anyone got any idea's?
I would love to know why Sony would make something like the target rings, yet have so many people not be able to use it.
imezru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 07:54 AM   #30
Kedrak
A Treant

Server: Antonious Bayle
Default 3D ring issues

I have Windows XP home edition working on a Radeon 9000 DDR and 3D ring shows perfectly.

Im not ussing a laptop anyways.

<< La vida sin honor no es mas que una muerte lenta... >>
Kedrak is offline   Reply With Quote