.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

got some stuff to say... watch for this to change..

Kudz
Old 06-13-2003, 06:35 PM   #3
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Well looks like another add on I'll be forking over for. Now I just have to find people to group with... damn this soloing play style.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #4
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis

Well, overall, it sounds pretty good to me! My friends and I are always looking for something that can be done with just a single group, since that seems to be all of us that's on at a time!

My only issue is from this:
Quote:
GameSpy: What are the party size constraints of entering a dynamic dungeon?

Shawn Lord: Parties of five or six characters will be able to travel the Lost Dungeons.

Often there are only 3 or 4 of us in a given level range on at the same time... the same problem exists if there's 7 or 8 of us on - we could split into two groups and go seperately, but still wouldn't meet the number requirements. Someone would get left out.

I'd hate to have an entire expansion unusable just because we have the wrong number of people available.

Other than THAT, I love the concept! No overcrowding, a guaranteed place to go and hunt regardless of the time available... if they can adjust the numbers a bit, it may just be the perfect EQ expansion!
Old 06-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelric
Other than THAT, I love the concept! No overcrowding, a guaranteed place to go and hunt regardless of the time available... if they can adjust the numbers a bit, it may just be the perfect EQ expansion!

I have to agree... I can't count how many times I go someplace and there are like 3 or 4 people camping the spawns, which causes me to go hunt elsewhere only to find my next area camped... So I spend a majority of my time just TRYING to find someplace to go. I like that you can't camp with the new expansion dungeons and that they are quick enough to finish in a short amount of time.

My only question is... what happens when you die? Does your corpse appear outside and if not, how do you get back in since you need a group to get in there?
Old 06-13-2003, 07:14 PM   #6
Fitton
A Ghoul

Server: lanys

My guess about the "when you die" bit is now that everquest has the ability to flag your charater, you will be able to re-enter the dungeon as you wish. But of course, they might also have some type of time limit on it. I would hate to see to whole party go linkdead except you and you get yourself killed and not be able to get back in to get your gear.
Fitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:34 PM   #7
Jokker
A Hill Giant

Server: ZEB
Send a message via AIM to Jokker

GameSpy: Will this be the last expansion we'll see for EverQuest?

Shawn Lord: No. In fact, we already have plans for another expansion, though the details on that one aren't ready for release yet. The story of Lost Dungeons will be one chapter in many still to come.

Will This Ever End???
Lets hope Not
Jokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 10:23 PM   #8
arkusrex
A Treant

Finally!An add-on I won't have to buy due to some other desired feature.As it's presented in the article it's just too dependant of being able to group.Now if they had the same idea geared for solo play up to full groups I'd pay double the price of admission.Hear that Sony?*waves money under nose*.
arkusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 10:56 PM   #9
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by arkusrex
Finally!An add-on I won't have to buy due to some other desired feature.As it's presented in the article it's just too dependant of being able to group.Now if they had the same idea geared for solo play up to full groups I'd pay double the price of admission.Hear that Sony?*waves money under nose*.

Heya Ark,

you know the MM in MMORPG mean "massive mult-player" right? that means they are going to design the game for "massive players" to play together... you can already solo.. and if you want a world all to yourself you could always try Diablo II again

hehehehe

silly kiters!
Old 06-13-2003, 11:23 PM   #10
Aerasin
A Snow Cougar

Server: Drinal

I have to admit with all the complaints about Sony they sure seem to be on a roll about addressing complaints gamers have had. I remember feeling frusterated a few years ago with EverQuest due to the 1) down time 2) difficulty of finding a group 3) the amount of time one would have to spend to get one good session in and 4) camping. Its a much better game now and with this new expansion its going to be even better.

Kudos to Sony for this! I only hope they have a plan to get people grouped quickly.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:42 PM   #11
arkusrex
A Treant

Didn't play D2 since the first installment was pretty vapid.Yes I'm quite aware of the MM.And you don't need to kite to solo.Even with my Druid I don't kite just root bomb like a wizard.What I was saying why not let someone or a pair enjoy these new sections as well as up to a full group.I could go on but suffice it to say I've already put a bug in Sony's ear to release a Single player version of the game.Not to replace thy precious chat room rpg but as a side product.I certainly don't pay to be part of a chatroom.Lol I play with the chat channels off most of the time anyway.I'm well over 700 levels now(I play every class and you guessed it the warrior's and rogues are dead last in level).I do group every now and then and it's gotten better over time as people have learned(finally)not to cause a TPW.But hey Solo you are in control and thus have only yourself to blame for death.But again I digress,just not gonna pay for 5-6 only play.Pretty easy to understand from first post(least I thought so).
Old 06-14-2003, 01:08 AM   #12
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by arkusrex
Didn't play D2 since the first installment was pretty vapid.Yes I'm quite aware of the MM.And you don't need to kite to solo.Even with my Druid I don't kite just root bomb like a wizard.What I was saying why not let someone or a pair enjoy these new sections as well as up to a full group.I could go on but suffice it to say I've already put a bug in Sony's ear to release a Single player version of the game.Not to replace thy precious chat room rpg but as a side product.I certainly don't pay to be part of a chatroom.Lol I play with the chat channels off most of the time anyway.I'm well over 700 levels now(I play every class and you guessed it the warrior's and rogues are dead last in level).I do group every now and then and it's gotten better over time as people have learned(finally)not to cause a TPW.But hey Solo you are in control and thus have only yourself to blame for death.But again I digress,just not gonna pay for 5-6 only play.Pretty easy to understand from first post(least I thought so).

I will bet you 1000pp that a duo will be able to play in the new expansion..

"The encouter is based on the make up of your group"

means it looks at what you have, and adjust accordingly.. sooo a duo should do just fine..
Old 06-14-2003, 01:42 AM   #13
arkusrex
A Treant

I would hope so.But possibly it means that melee heavy groups get melee heavy missions.But the designer did say when asked what size groups would be able to "travel" TLDoN and his reply was "groups of 5 or 6".Duo's and up would certainly be an improvement.I'm beta testing another game in a galaxy far away and it features dynamic missions from one and up so why not here as well....
Old 06-14-2003, 02:52 AM   #14
Tinkfu
___

Server: None

/sigh I wish they would focus on solo classes...........

Master Tinkfu The Gearless
Old 06-14-2003, 10:53 AM   #15
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default Well let's just hope...

I hope that the new addition will be accomidating to duo's as that is practically the only grouping that I do when I do manage to group. This would be an awesome way to go to new places and enjoy the new things available... Here's to hoping that duo's are enough to trudge through the darkened corridors of the underdark dungeons! Bring it on!!