User Name
Password

Old 10-24-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin
Default BlueFantasy UI v. 1.1 released

Sorry it took so long- finally bug-free, tested on 3 different computers, with and without PoP.

BlueFantasy is an attempt to give a strong fantasy feel to Everquest by replacing the modern-feeling new UI with a more elaborately decorative and roleplay-appropriate set of graphics. It is also designed to maintain and improve upon the functionality of the new UI, and to provide all possible 'bells and whistles'.

It's strongly geared to casters, especially those who use pets at least from time to time, but there's no reason you can't replace the pet window and remove the spellbar if you're a melee class. Upcoming releases will include a druid/ranger specific version and a melee version- but there's no reason any class wouldn't be able to use this UI right now.

Credits:
buff window by Cairenn, loc wizard by Atheenah, blue compass by Sylverpaw, gauges by Mynlaeni, spell icons, gem icons, and spellbook by t.king with modifications by Remelio. Group window is by Cairenn for KaoUI with some of my own modifications; inventory by t.king, shrunk by me. All other windows by me and/or Sony.

BlueFantasy is designed to run in 1280x1024; it won't fit in anything smaller, as the hotbutton window is 1280 pixels wide to accomodate your hotbuttons, clickies, general inventory slots, xp and aaxp bars, and your target. You should set your viewport to 0 0 1280 761. (this should reduce lag for those who can't run at high resolutions- and the windows look best opaque anyway, so you wouldn't be able to see what's behind them even if you didn't /viewport)

Here's a screenshot; I'm uploading it to the downloads section, will link to it once it's approved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluefantasy.jpg (494.9 KB, 4101 views)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien

Last edited by aeluin : 10-26-2002 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:10 AM   #2
Zenash
A Gray Wolf

still getting error message..any ideas?
Old 10-25-2002, 11:21 AM   #3
Shalimaar

I am also still getting the error message and crashing to desktop. Don't you need to update the main UI file and include the raid window?

Old 10-25-2002, 01:16 PM   #4
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

sorry all...I posted the wrong version ( all those who downloaded it, quick fix for error: open the file EQUI and add the line <Include>EQUI_RaidWindow.xml</Include>

that should fix things.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:32 PM   #5
Dodar
A Fire Beetle

Server: Antonius Bayle
Send a message via ICQ to Dodar

Just started using your UI and have a little prob with the group window, Its not showing player 3 as in the group.

Great UI other than that
Old 10-25-2002, 05:06 PM   #6
Dodar
A Fire Beetle

Server: Antonius Bayle
Send a message via ICQ to Dodar

ok nm fixed it ... seems that player 3 name tag is 200 out of position.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:40 AM   #7
Shalimaar

Still missing the raid window and raid options window.

Old 10-26-2002, 03:04 AM   #8
Shalimaar

Just tried it and I can't even get it to load. It loads the default because of an error loading your blue fantasy ui.

Old 10-26-2002, 03:25 AM   #9
Malakie
A Bat

I really like this UI, but there is one big problem I'm having. Everytime I zone with this skin, the video lag gets progressivly worse and worse. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-26-2002, 09:23 AM   #10
Pickk999
A Bat

I was crashing to desktop like everyone else so I deleted my UI_CharacterName_servernumber.ini file and then reloaded EQ. Worked like a charm
Old 10-26-2002, 10:58 AM   #11
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

hm...I don't quite understand why you don't have the raid windows...try copying EQUI_RaidWindow and EQUI_RaidOptionsWindow from your default directory into your custom skin?

and the lag...I really don't know but try Pickk999's fix, it may help.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:23 PM   #12
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

all fixed (bump)
Old 10-27-2002, 12:59 AM   #13
Shalimaar

After copying over your fixed EQUI file the custom skin will not load. I get the error message and it loads the default skin instead.

Old 10-27-2002, 08:42 AM   #14
zephraim
A Fire Beetle

This is a great skin. I only have one problem though. I can't drag the windows. My track window is too far off the viewable area of the screen. Is there a way to manually move the windows? Other than that I haven't had any problems.

Thanks,

Zephraim Zephire
56 Rogue of The Vicious Cycle on Tholuxe Paells

Bbeldien
40 Ranger of The Viciou Cycle on Tholuxe Paells
Old 10-27-2002, 11:50 AM   #15
Shalimaar

In order for me to get the skin to work. I had to copy the old EQUI and Group Window file over the fixed on. Otherwise the default skin would load. But by using the old files I cannot get the raid windows to work.