Old 09-13-2005, 03:19 PM   #91
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Caetenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeones
Ok. I was looking for the file names. I understand what windows but I don't know the names of the files. AA window file name is .... ? Is it documented some where? Or is it just AA? Pretend I am stupid.

The three are:

EQUI_AAWindow.xml
EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml

Remove or rename these files and try loading the UI. It should work, and you'll just be using the default AA, Inventory and Hotkey windows until I get home tonight to fix the Tablets ones.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:52 PM   #92
Jeones
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caetenne
The three are:

EQUI_AAWindow.xml
EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml

Remove or rename these files and try loading the UI. It should work, and you'll just be using the default AA, Inventory and Hotkey windows until I get home tonight to fix the Tablets ones.

Thanks much
Jeones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #93
Kaloog
A Gray Wolf

It works fine for me, either with or without those three. You just dont get the new functionality with the old tablets wiundows left in, but the UI does load and run fine.
Kaloog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #94
Samanna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Terris-Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caetenne
so unless someone posts saying that gets it up and running

That gets it up and running. Actually, lacking evolving items and having little interest in spirit shrouds atm, I just renamed the AA window file. The HotButtons and Inventory work fine, just no new features (that I can see).

It's EQUI_AAWindow.xml, I renamed it to EQUI_AAWindow.orig.xml and did a /loadskin Tablets 1. Can't live without the Ccake clickies!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #95
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Good to hear. I've reviewed the changes when I could steal a few moments at work and it's going to be pretty straightforward. Full functionality will be available in a couple of hours.
Caetenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #96
viet213
A Gray Wolf

Smile

I have just updated tablets future purple UI and everything is working great.
all AA's / inventory window shroud and evolving items tabs are set . wish i knew how to upload it ion here so ya guys can use it
viet213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:02 PM   #97
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Exclamation Temporary Tablets UI Fix

Ok, attached are the files needed to get full functionality from the UI. You'll need to delete/rename the current inventory file as well. The current inventory window is just too small to really be useful. I don't like how it looks with the two new tabs.

I'll need to work on it more...or I might just leave us with the default inventory window. I haven't decided yet. These tabs really messed things up in my opinion...it's nearly impossible to have a compact inventory window that is usable and looks good.

I'll clean up the other mods that need something and continue to work on the inventory window. Right now I'm crashing each time I reload my UI and open the inventory window, so that's holding things up as well. I had the other windows done really fast, but I've banged my head against the wall on the inventory window and then wasn't happy with the result.

More updates soon.

Steps to get Tablets working:

1. Delete the EQUI_Inventory.xml file from your Tablets directory.
2. Download the two attached files and place them in your Tablets directory. Overwrite the existing files.
3. Load/reload your UI.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_AAWindow.xml (27.6 KB, 167 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (110.2 KB, 160 views)
Old 09-14-2005, 05:46 AM   #98
Ueauvan
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare

just like to say thanks for the fix, i had deleted inventory and aa last night left hot key for my ccakes, does the new hotkey allow multiple ccaked hot key windows? or hotkey can be ccake and the other 3 cant?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 AM   #99
Samanna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Terris-Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
does the new hotkey allow multiple ccaked hot key windows? or hotkey can be ccake and the other 3 cant?

Not sure about that, but I went to default hotkey and just have two of them open instead of hotkey + ccake. Actually more functionality this way, since you can have clickies, socials and/or AAs in either hotkey bank. Just line them both up like the hotkey and ccake were. I think ccake is now essentially obsoleted, unless you just need over 40 hotkeys showing at once.

So now I have my old hotkey page1 as hotkeybank1 page1, and my ccake tab1 as hotkeybank2 page1 - only now instead of just clickies, it has a mix of clickies, socials (for pet control) and AAs (that used to be on hotkey page2).

Samanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #100
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
just like to say thanks for the fix, i had deleted inventory and aa last night left hot key for my ccakes, does the new hotkey allow multiple ccaked hot key windows? or hotkey can be ccake and the other 3 cant?

The quick version I whipped up has the first hotbar page ccaked, and the next three as normal hotbars. I plan on doing some different stuff with hotbars 2-4 in the future.

I don't think I'll be making ccake slots on bars 2-4 at all. As was pointed out, it's not really all that necessary. (Hell, I won't even be using hotbars 2-4.)
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #101
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Any idea why after downloading the hotbutton update you listed a few posts up is showing 1-6 as the normal tablets way (depending on the color downloaded) and 7-0 are showing as default dark grey? Function is fine, ccake worked fine, but 6 hotkeys are fine and 4 are default ui color. I tried to see if I noticed anything different with coding in the two, but came up empty handed.

Mareeuh
ps. ty for the quick updates also =)
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #102
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
Any idea why after downloading the hotbutton update you listed a few posts up is showing 1-6 as the normal tablets way (depending on the color downloaded) and 7-0 are showing as default dark grey? Function is fine, ccake worked fine, but 6 hotkeys are fine and 4 are default ui color. I tried to see if I noticed anything different with coding in the two, but came up empty handed.

Mareeuh
ps. ty for the quick updates also =)

All I can think of is you have a different window_pieces07.tga file than the one included with the UI. Did you perchance copy over one from the beta? I didn't notice this at all, so I'm guessing it's a wrong file on your end.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #103
ZealPath
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for the quick fixes, if possible, a standalone hotbar (#1) with no title bar would be much appreciated.
ZealPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:12 PM   #104
unseenforces25
A Fire Beetle

Default Hot Bar 1 w/ no title

Open up the latest EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml with a text editor.

Search for Hot Bar 1
Look for these 2 Tags:
<Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar>
<Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox>

Change these both to false:
<Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar>
<Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox>

Then change the size of the box. Scroll a few lines up to this area:
<Size>
<CX>160</CX>
<CY>256</CY>
</Size>

Change the CY Tag to 240.
<Size>
<CX>160</CX>
<CY>240</CY>
</Size>

Attached is the modded file.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (110.2 KB, 29 views)
unseenforces25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:57 AM   #105
sonob
A Ghoul

Hi all,

I really love this UI and was wondering if and where I could change the stuff shown in the Hotbutton 1 set. I mean the big on, where on the left side there are hotbuttons and on the right side there are backpacks and stuff on page one and if you flip pages there is some equip.
What I would like to do is customize that right side of the window, so that I can put my equip with clicky effects in there, so I won't have to open my inventory each time.
Is that possible? Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance
Sonob
sonob is offline   Reply With Quote