Password

Old 06-13-2003, 03:29 PM   #271
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Adir
I'm running into a problem and am unable to determine what's going on. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

I've downloaded the new vert2.4 file, and installed the patch for the three files. Logged on, and got an incompatible .xml file message.

I then deleted my entire original vert ui directory, and then rebuilt it using the new vert2.4 files, and then patched that. I still get the incompatible .xml message.

I checked the errors file, but it tells me nothing. The only thing in the UIErrors.txt file is:

UIErrorLog created at Wed Jun 11 17:18:01 2003

I can find nothing else.

Should I just ignore the warning about the .xml files? If someone can clue me in, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

No do not worry aboyut the warnings, as I explained this about 2 messages up.

-Sokol
Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:43 PM   #272
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Sokol
Icons work by simply telling the UI what icon TGA to use, the everquest program then find's the x and y by it's predefined programming. My guess is the icon set your using may have differing icons in some places, as thats the only thing which could cause this.

-Sokol

Isn't that what I said???

ROFL

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:33 PM   #273
Jianna
A Ghoul

Okies, thank you very much. I will check into some other icons. I have despised the default ones since the big change and frankly miss the originals.
Jianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #274
Damisela
A Ghoul

Server: Veeshan

The only issue I am having since installing the fix is that exactly 1 minute after I sit with my spell book it automatically exits and makes me stand up.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:56 AM   #275
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Damisela
The only issue I am having since installing the fix is that exactly 1 minute after I sit with my spell book it automatically exits and makes me stand up.

This is an EQ bug not a Vert bug.

-sokol
Old 06-14-2003, 01:14 PM   #276
Damisela
A Ghoul

Server: Veeshan

Quote:
This is an EQ bug not a Vert bug.

-sokol

Figured that out last night as others were having the same issue. Thanks for reply, hope they repair that soon.
Damisela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:29 PM   #277
xviolatorx
A Gray Wolf

Any chance youll be adding a spellbook to the spellGEM so we can make use of the newly implemented spell faviortes.

This is a GREAT ui, i'd really hate to see people choose a different one just b/c of that little thing.

GJ , keep it up.
xviolatorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:13 PM   #278
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by xviolatorx
Any chance youll be adding a spellbook to the spellGEM so we can make use of the newly implemented spell faviortes.

This is a GREAT ui, i'd really hate to see people choose a different one just b/c of that little thing.

GJ , keep it up.

SIGH I am not beign rude, but I've answered this question no fewer then about 50 times! there are SEVERAL mods in the Vert DL section which have a casting bar, and as their description states, the casting gauge IS the spell book button.

Er um 51 times

-Sokol
Old 06-22-2003, 09:17 PM   #279
xviolatorx
A Gray Wolf

I downloaded two other mobs in the vert section.

Sokol-Advanced-CastSpellWindowv2, Sokol-Tking-SpellBookv1a to use with the vert-cannabis skin.

Now, if i am not mistaken i download the old CastSpellWindow and the old SpellBookv1a and replace it with the two i downloaded. But when i try that it won't work, it just reverts to the default, what am i doing wrong?
xviolatorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:27 PM   #280
Adir
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Default Problem with Vert 2.6 and 8/26/03 patch

I downloaded the new version of Vert, last night, and made a clean install of it. When I logged on, I discovered my castspell window was missing the spellbook button at the bottom. I went and installed the patch from June (?) that added that button, but the result completely hosed my hotkey window, so I had to go back and start all over again.

Is there any chance you can make the spellbook button standard, or at least put up a separate download for it? It'd really be nice to have that back.

Oh, and on a minor note, the window for reading in-game books is still hosed. I'm still having to use that mod the other person posted when this was brought up before. Not a huge issue, but thought a reminder of it might be in order.

Thanks!

It is better to extinguish one candle than to curse the light.
Adir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:25 PM   #281
Sokol

Default Re: Problem with Vert 2.6 and 8/26/03 patch

Quote:
Originally posted by Adir
I downloaded the new version of Vert, last night, and made a clean install of it. When I logged on, I discovered my castspell window was missing the spellbook button at the bottom. I went and installed the patch from June (?) that added that button, but the result completely hosed my hotkey window, so I had to go back and start all over again.

Is there any chance you can make the spellbook button standard, or at least put up a separate download for it? It'd really be nice to have that back.

Oh, and on a minor note, the window for reading in-game books is still hosed. I'm still having to use that mod the other person posted when this was brought up before. Not a huge issue, but thought a reminder of it might be in order.

Thanks!

First, do not install any patch to Vert 2.6 it will mess things up.

Second, the cast spell windows that have a casting gauge, the casting gauge IS the spell book icon, and was changed that way due to popular requests

Third That is most likely caused by your having applied an older xml file via your patching...... but I'll look into it.

-Sokol
Old 08-27-2003, 05:38 PM   #282
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: Re: Problem with Vert 2.6 and 8/26/03 patch

Quote:

Second, the cast spell windows that have a casting gauge, the casting gauge IS the spell book icon, and was changed that way due to popular requests

Third That is most likely caused by your having applied an older xml file via your patching...... but I'll look into it.

-Sokol

The only exception is the "spellbook patch" that I posted, this is not in 2.6b but will shortly be in 2.6c its good for all color versions of VERT.. (look in the patch section)
Old 08-27-2003, 05:47 PM   #283
Adir
A Ghoul

Quote:

I didn't initially, and only tried it as a test. After it failed miserably, I made another clean install of 2.6 and it worked fine, other than the missing spellbook button and the book window.

Quote:

I'm not seeing any spellbook icon/button on the cast spell windows at all.

edit - Wasn't seeing a casting guage, either, but perhaps my using the mod listed below is part of the problem. I'll check that, too.

Quote:

If it'll help, the only files I'm using now are:

1-Vert26b-Cannabis.zip (or Vert26-Cannabis?)
Right Buff.zip
Sokol-CastingGaugev1.zip

I'm at work, right now, so I'll double-check those files when I get home tonight and report back.

Oh, and I'm also using the scroll file that was linked to on page 14 of this thread. The problems mentioned existed prior to that, so I suspect it's not at fault.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by Adir : 08-27-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:07 PM   #284
Adir
A Ghoul

Quote:
The only exception is the "spellbook patch" that I posted, this is not in 2.6b but will shortly be in 2.6c its good for all color versions of VERT.. (look in the patch section)

Do you mean vert25_6-11patch_v2.zip? If so, I'm pretty sure that's the one I tried to fix the problem with, but which made things worse. I won't dismiss the possibility that I did something wrong, but I tried three times and each time the hotkey box went bananas.

In any case, I'm glad to hear 2.6c will include this. Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:18 PM   #285
Kudane
Co-Founder

I have talked to Sokol, he had totally forgotten that we had not included the spellbook patch from June 11th..

There are 3 files in the June 11th patch, 2 of which will be no problem the 3rd is "EQUI_Animations.xml". I am fairly sure he updated this file last night, so trying to use this animation file will screwup your whole UI (or most of it)..

Sooo give him a few hours (its 4:15pm PST) and see if he doesnt post 2.6c with the spellbook repatched in.

Sorry for the confusion, I did 99% of that patch and I should have gone back and posted 2.6a with it a long time ago. but I have been so swamped with trying to get Solaria ready I totally forgot.

Sooo don't beat him up.. he will get it fixed before the end of the day!

(ps you could try just putting the two files from the patch (TGA and EQUI_castspelll.xml) in your vert folder and see if the 2.6 animation file works. You do not want to try and use the patch animation file)

Last edited by Kudane : 08-27-2003 at 06:23 PM.