Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-31-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
highlanderhcs
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default StoryLine Spell Info

Ok, let me see if I can get my question acrossed.

I've looked over and over on this board for info, and I failed to find what I'm looking for exactly.

I've found Foofy's spell list, unfortunutly, as nice extraction of info from Lucy's Database it is. It lacks one major detail that I can't seem to find. Now, I'm not too bad on XML coding for UI's and graphics, or even extracting info from websites to have on my personal harddrive.

But with how EQ uses so basic of HTML on storyline text. I am having a heck of a time finding a way to modify a old "storyline spell list" with info of where the spell is located or drop from like the way CastersRealm had on their old spell list. Other than having to cut and paste and pretty much hand type a whole new 70 lvl spell list for 10+ classes, I was wondering if anyone found a way to get that info into a storyline?

Basically what I'm looking for, is there a data field in Lucy anyone knows that holds the vendor/mob data on spells? Is there a way I may put my old "excel" spell list that I made a while ago from castersrealm and post that to EQstoryline format? I'm just hoping not to spend 3 months doing all this, just to find out I could have it done in a week.

And also, purhaps some of you could let me know what you use to parse data from Lucy's txt file for their spell database? I saw a perl script, but I"m more of a C+ / C# guy.

Thanks all
Beatum - Veeshan
highlanderhcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Bikther
99% EVIL, 1% Cute Bunnies

Server: Innoruuk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Lucy has no listing for Locations of drops or vendors for spells. Allakhazam's site has all those listings. Since the two are linked maybe you can find a way to strip the info from there.
Bikther is offline   Reply With Quote