Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2004, 02:01 PM   #31
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

From what I understood, they will shut down the zone when it is unused - a timer they can set, so that when noone has been in zone for something like 15 minutes or any random number, the zone will shut down - and will load when someone enters the zone.

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #32
Kattana
A Gray Wolf

Server: Mirthnathneil Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Kattana
Thumbs up My 2cps

I think it is great that Sony is at least trying to make a difference. Also, great pic's Kudane.... except... wash your truck :P

Katt
Cleric of the 65 Season
Kattana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #33
andante
A Bat

Default Time Instancing

Someone above got the basic idea.

You, Player A, in Guild A, zone into Plane of Time A. You then form a raid force composed of your Guild A. Next, you enter the Plane of Time B, and proceed through the phases.

Each phase is instanced. Whatever phase you complete up to, will be remembered for the next 78 hours or 5 days or whatever it is. To get back to your remembered spot, someone from the previous raid *must* be in the new raid that attempts to zone into PoTimeB. The first phase respawns every hour or so, so you need to reclear that phase every time until phase 4, when people in your raid when zone directly to phase 4.

Now let's say you clear phases 1 and 2. Then you leave. The next day, Player B from Guild B zones into the first phase. He gets it. His raid clears it -- but while he's clearing it, Player A's raid zones in, and ends up in phase 4. While guild A is in phase 4, guild B CANNOT instance another copy of phase 4.

So two guilds can be in different phases at the same time, but they cannot be in the same phase at the same time. The problem is that some guild who hates another guild can have someone zone into phase 1, 4, or whatever... and bar guild B from entering for 4 or so hours.

If you had a Euro guild, they wouldn't ever interfere with Guild A or B, as they would raid at a totally different time. Ideally, it would be cool to have Time be completely instanced, allowing multiple instances of the same phase to exist at the same time.
andante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #34
highlanderhcs
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Lightbulb EQClient Updating

I am actually leaving feedback, so hopefully it gets to sony development. But open for discussion ofcourse

I for one am one of those that multibox. With 3 game boxes behind a ISA firewall, I feel quite assured that my EQ experience will be enjoying without problems from the outside. What I'm curious about if there is any thinking of having a server that a client may download updates when available and having a internal network download them from a "local" server. As a internal network is quite a bit faster then going thru cable or DSL connection. And with downloading the same updates for 3 computers, It would be alot quicker and less congestion on Sony's servers for myself and I'm sure quite a few others to download just once and have our local systems download them locally.

Just a thought.
highlanderhcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:02 AM   #35
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

wont get back to sony, notice the date on the thread. This happend a long time ago. Please dont bump threads this old.

Why not just copy the eq folder over to your other EQ computers. Thats what I do if its a big patch.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote