User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 08:38 AM   #1
Aziyade
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via AIM to Aziyade
Default How'd ya like it?

Thought there should at least be a thread to give some feedback and share info regarding the new mods and skins we try...

Last night I downloaded and installed the Quartz set by Statix. (Thanks again for the help Kudane!) Anyway, it really is a beautiful interface. However, I kept it for less time than it took to install it.
My main problem was that I could not easily tell who I had targeted becuase the target indicator was too close to the group list, for me. (I use the keyboard to target and I had a hard time making sure I had the right target!) Also, the intire display took up too much of my screen for my taste.
I think it would not be a problem of folks who are used to looking to the bottom of their screen for all their windows. I am more comfortable with my info at the top and sides of my screen. Anyway, that is just my two cents.
Statix, if you do read this, I want to tell you, it really is a gorgeous skin and I am truly sorry it did not work out so well for me.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
Elpiper
A Hill Giant

Server: Torvonnilous

I see lots of people who say they "use their keyboard to target" and I still don't know how this is done...

Targetting yourself, your pet, group members or their pets is easy enough, as well as the nearest player or NPC to you.

But how do you target the middle of three mobs standing in the room in front of you?
Old 07-31-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
Umbrae
A Gray Wolf

Server: Erollisi Marr

f1-6 to target group members 3&4 (in my setup) are set to hotkeys for /assist maintaink /assist secondtank
f8 to target closest if I need to mez / root / charm / fear and add.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:27 AM   #4
Aziyade
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via AIM to Aziyade

Elpiper, I am afraid that you do have to use your mouse to target a specific mob w/in a group of mobs unless you use hot keys to /assist. I was referring to using my keyboard to target party members, etc.

Hey Umbrae... how do you do /assist maintank, /assist second tank? Do you just change the names as necessary on your hotkey? eg /assist Aziyade or /assist Elpiper? I just have a hotkey set as /assist (first line) and /g assist %t as the second, so I simply am "assisting" whoever I am targetting... Just wondering how others do it.

<--omg, just noticed this.. it's a dancing penis! lmao (yeah I know it is supposed to be a banana. Just my filthy little mind at work...
Aziyade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 04:00 PM   #5
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

I moved my Target Nearist NPC to 'X', just below my movement keys on that side of the keyboard ( ASDF ).

I also use F1-F6 to target Myself/Group Members.

To assist, yes I change my assist key each time.

To help, I use this setup:

/tar <name>
/assist
/g assisting on %g

Once appon a time I used:

/tar <sec Assist>
/tar <prim assist>
/assist
/g assisting on %g

This way I would target the Secondary assist. Then attempt to target the Primary. Then, assist who ever I had targeted.

Now, I just use the one above and flank any secondary assist there might be. If we have multiple assists, it's normally for a single target. Don't need to "assist" for that.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 06:40 PM   #6
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

I have a weird key setup:

movement: up down left right : e d s f

target:
nearest (supposedly) PC: w
nearest (supposedly) NPC: r

I have my movement keys and target keys right next to each other. I usually play with both hands on the keyboard, and on the mouse only when I can't use the keyboard to do something (like target a corpse or a NPC in a group). I have grouping keys on my right hand:

u i o
j k l

u - target me (press again to target pet)
i - target group member 1
o - target group member 2
j - target group member 3
k - target group member 4
l - target group member 5

my hotbox keys are 1 to 0, the top row of numbers. My assist key is usually '9' becaue it's close to my group keys. So whenever I want to assist, just groupmember, then 9. Unless it's a raid, this will be good enough for whatever I'm doing.

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #7
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

Quote:
I have a weird key setup:

You're right .. ..
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:48 PM   #8
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

Don't forget that the default option for "U" targets whatever you are directly pointed at, you can use that (somewhat) to target a single mob out of a group of them in front of you.

Magelo
Guild Website
xlorepdarkhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:23 AM   #9
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

The U key is basically the same thing as clicking in the middle of the screen, for people who don't use the mouse. I'f you've ever been to paineel, you'd probably know that you can only operate the stupid lift by holding the key to the lift on your cursor, looking at the rock and hitting the U key.