Old 08-31-2002, 01:54 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default A Request to the Artist

I was sent this,
Quote:
For the millions of people who have Flat Screens out there with only 800 x 600 resolution.

PLEASE - encourage others (especially Featured Skins) to make their UI costumizeable... if possible

Thank you

- Endowen -

I don't know about "millions" but with more than 7,000 members in the forums I thought it would be a nice challange to put forward to help those that *do* have flat screens

-Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 04:00 PM   #2
Mafoo
A Shissar Disciple

Default All i can say is

Okies on the serious note ...
The computers i use all have flat screens they can happily do 1600x1200 but then again there 23", but i can see the point as there are people in my guild whom only run in 800x600 because they only have 14" CRT monitors. (but its not millions)
*uncontrolably hugs the kitty kat*

Last edited by Mafoo : 09-01-2002 at 04:10 AM.
Mafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 04:12 PM   #3
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

I have about 40 flat screens here at work rangeing from a wide age. All can do 1024x768 I havent seen a flatscreen (lcd) that could not to this... unless your talking about laptops.

Even though... I do think it would be great for some one to make some lower rez skins. I know 99% of the skin developers here run resolutions higher then 1024x768 becuase they like graphics so they are going to run higher resolutions and keep up to date with their computer hardware. Hopefuly some will knock down their resolutions for a small while and release some nice skins for you folk that run lower rez's.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-31-2002 at 04:23 PM.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 07:02 AM   #4
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

800x600? Millions? hehe, hadn't seen traffic reports on websites.

Anyhow ... I have a Flat Panel at home that does 1280x1064. I can't recall if it goes up to 1600, I think I might have done it, but shrank it cause it was too small.

On my laptops, I always use 1024x768. Cause at 1280, you start getting scrolling screens.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 12:59 AM   #5
Endowen
A Ghoul

Server: Fierona Vie (Role-Playing)
Send a message via AIM to Endowen
Default Believe it or not...

My Flat Panel Version : Compaq FP745A - Roughly 17"

Graphics Card: 32 Nvidia TNT

800x600... best

- Endowen -
Endowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 03:01 AM   #6
argetlam
A Gray Wolf

Honestly, though, I think it'd be good practice out there to give some of us who don't have state of the art, high-end computers who are forced to run the game in 1024x786 res or lower a chance to use some of the really nice skins that have been popping up around here.
argetlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:00 AM   #7
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

hahaha ... I just thought of an e-mail I've sent to Aston a while back. Aston is a LightStep like application. Basically it loads instead of Explorer(your desktop application) on Windoze systems.

Anyway, I remember sending them an e-mail spacifically requesting 1164(?), and 1280 desktop themes. Stating that every theme they had was based on 1024 or 800 screens and just didn't work on my 1280 resolution.

Just a random thought ..
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 04:44 PM   #8
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

I think it comes down to needing to make several different downloads in the case of complete re-skins like Quartz, StoneAngel, and the like. Why? Because the graphics don't seem to come out so seamless when run at lower resolutions, and everything just seems to get bigger the lower you go.

I do agree that there should be more skins out there for the lower resolution people, but I don't think they are gonna look nearly as nice.

Now, the one I am working on and others like it, such as Vert's, are a skin-mod rather than a whole skin. I say this because you can run these UI mods at various resolutions, since it's mostly the default graphics that have been revamped.

Just keep in mind though: the lower your resolution, the more crowded any UI is gonna be on your system.
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote