Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
bcf4life
A Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2
Default Trying to display times on spells in target window

Just like the buff window, where time is displayed to the closest minute (except on mouseover) I simply would like to put that functionality into the target window buffs. It's bound to be something simple that I'm just not seeing.

I have searched high and low, and either I'm not using the right terms, or it just can't be found by me. So I'm asking you guys for help, as a person with a very limited knowledge of xml. I understand the basics behind it from dabbling with html back in the day, but that's about it.

Thank you in advance for any help recieved

(Edit to add) Currently using Sparxx UI

Last edited by bcf4life : 08-07-2018 at 03:12 PM.
bcf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #2
Halelen
Manaetic Prototype IX
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Server: Povar
Posts: 935
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default

As far as I know that is not able to be done. If day break hasn't enabled that ( and I assume they haven't or it would be in the default UI) it can't be done. And if it is enabled in default ( I have no clue as I don't play anymore) look at their window to see how they did it.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
bcf4life
A Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2
Default

damn, was afraid you'd say that. i just figured since the info pops up on mouseover that it was at least being fed to the target window and that it would just be a matter of making something "show".

thank you for replying though
bcf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #4
finchy
A Gray Wolf
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcf4life
damn, was afraid you'd say that. i just figured since the info pops up on mouseover that it was at least being fed to the target window and that it would just be a matter of making something "show".

thank you for replying though


feels like there aren't very many people left that know how to modify the UI of EQ anymore. It's a shame, I really want to learn the ins and outs of modifying the UI, but there is a lot of information that isn't provided to those new to modifying. Like a list of what can and cannot be combined would be awesome, but i've had no luck finding anything on this :/
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
Halelen
Manaetic Prototype IX
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Server: Povar
Posts: 935
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchy
feels like there aren't very many people left that know how to modify the UI of EQ anymore. It's a shame, I really want to learn the ins and outs of modifying the UI, but there is a lot of information that isn't provided to those new to modifying. Like a list of what can and cannot be combined would be awesome, but i've had no luck finding anything on this :/

Ok quick class..if it has an Eqtype it can be moved to any window ...if it doesn't it can't go anywhere other then it's home window. More later I'm at the bar.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #6
finchy
A Gray Wolf
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
Ok quick class..if it has an Eqtype it can be moved to any window ...if it doesn't it can't go anywhere other then it's home window. More later I'm at the bar.


that's actually really helpful. i'll wait for the next lesson
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
Halelen
Manaetic Prototype IX
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Server: Povar
Posts: 935
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default

not to Hijack this thread I will start a new one called UI basics
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.


vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© MMOUI