Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 05-14-2003, 01:01 PM   #1
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Working up new UI, suggestion time

I've let my UI evolve a bunch lately, figured I'd give you all a look to see what you think...

Heavily inpired by many great modders here. The graphic bits are my work, they just look like eveyone elses It's hard to make some thing look original when you're working with a 5 pixel wide border....

Window Descriptons :

Player window is the gauge set above the spellgems, includes large gauges for target health, player health, player mana, player fatigue. Not pictured are the pet health gauge, which covers the bottom half of the player hp guage, and the casting gauge, which is the same size as the fatigue gauge and appears above the target health when casting.

Target window is the tabbed window on the left. It has stats non tabbed, so they are always visible, and inventory slots in the tabs. First page is all your inv slots, second page is weapons and items I switch out during combat, and third page is jewelry slots to switch in resist gear. The non pictured pages have bigger (double size from the first page) slots to make the switching easier. This setup works well for my ranger, as I tend to switch gear pretty often, depending on if I'm tanking/assisting/soloing, but it's probably unnecessary for other classes. I'm open to suggestions on different layouts on this window, and would probably be willing to design multiple versions for the final release...

Inventory window is pictured above the tabbed target window. Most all of the inventory slots have been removed leaving only the class animation/autoequip area, the inventory specific buttons, and the coin slots. The two bag slots are where I toss my foraged food.

Group window has larger guages, and xp/aa guages added to the bottom of the window.

Spellcastbar and hotbuttons have been aranged horizontally.

Buff window and SDbuff window are both vertical with custom semi-transparent icon backgrounds.

Compass window, Selector window, and Spellbook are all leftovers from Lunawrap3 with new borders and transparent backgrounds.

The timers in the top right are housed in the pet window. They were generated at Arista's page, and I tweaked the graphics some. I won't be including this in the release, tho. I figure anyone that uses timers probably has a setup they are comfortable with already that they can just drop into this set.

The mp3 player is eqmmd from Leandred. I tinted it blue to match the borders better. Not sure if I should include this in the set...

The spell icons are Etasi's, the custom ranger animation is TKing's. These will be removed from the release as they are both already avaible for download seperatly.

Anyways, lemme know what you all think, and give me some ideas to work up for the Target window. Thanks in advance for your input.

Lunakin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (127.0 KB, 426 views)
Old 05-21-2003, 03:27 PM   #2
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

I like your new UI, still very stuck on the viewport version (Luna 3) but I can do that part With regards to swapping items on the fly, I have one of my bags sit next to the Modded target from Lunawrap3 (and 2 for that matter). It would be easier with a larger spot to drop them into though.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:51 PM   #3
aldeneb
A Wooly Rhino

I like it. Nice timers did you do them yourself? I think that throwing out all the non essentials in the inventory is a good idea since it's available elsewhere.

I didn't know you could do that with a chat window (miss, hit) in such an abbreviated way.

Over all I think it's a 'smart" ui.

If you want any criticism, I suggest you change the buff window to exclude the buff titles, and have them as tool tip references only. You'll give yourself more viewing space. The buffs by themselves are a good size.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

The MP3 player doesn't fit the look. Keep the buff names, alt only shows buff names after you move the mouse over the buff window at least once, and, since it doesn't work at log in they should just always be shown. And having to hold mosue over to see buff or DoT/debuff name stinks.

Enok
Old 05-22-2003, 05:23 AM   #5
aldeneb
A Wooly Rhino

Nah get rid of the names they take up too much space and the MP3 player looks fine btw. The mouse over takes a second and after all you aren't a newbie and most people who use custom ui's aren't either. They know what buffs they have.
But if you really want the names I'd find someway to make them less overwhelming. . Your ui is so efficient and that huge buff bar isn't.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:57 AM   #6
sirordag
A Bat

Server: FV
Send a message via AIM to sirordag
Question

It look good to me. I do have one question is it Possible to make a raid window that shows health?
Old 05-22-2003, 01:26 PM   #7
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

i like the buff bar ( maybe 2 version 1 with 1 without.) the ui as a whole looks great.