Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2005, 09:10 PM   #1
Desiree
A Gray Wolf

Server: Maelin (ex Karana)
Default Buff Window - PROBLEM!

I'd really like to d/l a buff window mod after the recent patch that changed spell icons. I quite like the new UI, however I am having difficulty knowing what buffs I have on so I thought I should get a mod with buff labels.

The problem is this. Every mod I look at has either 20 or 25 buff slots. The max allowable buffs is 21. Not 20. Not 25. Can someone start making mods with 21 buffs like they should be (pretty please)?

Just to clarify so there's no confusion. Default is 15 slots, OoW AA provided 5 new slots to make 20 and DoN progression gives ONE more slot (not 5, just ONE) making 21 total.

Thanks in advance!
Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
deanoah
A Hill Giant

Server: Prexus

plenty of them in the download section, wife loves the small buff and small song windows... standard pictures, just smaller (can't get to download site from work, or i would link it)

Not sure about the 25 buff slots either, i've always wondered about that.
deanoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
deanoah
A Hill Giant

Server: Prexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree
I'd really like to d/l a buff window mod after the recent patch that changed spell icons. I quite like the new UI, however I am having difficulty knowing what buffs I have on so I thought I should get a mod with buff labels.

should just be able to make a custom folder, copying the gemicons .tga files (for the spells in your casting window)
gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
gemsicons03.tga
as spell as the spell icons for your buff window and spell book:
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga
spells06.tga
spells07.tga
from the default_old directory to the new custom directory... thats all there is to it just tried it out... the /loadskin blah (where blah is the name of the new custom UI file you created)

Last edited by deanoah : 10-28-2005 at 03:24 PM.
deanoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #4
Taladis
A Bat

I have a personally built buff box with 25 slots. It goes along the right side of my screen vertically with icons and buff names. All I simply do is hide the bottem four buff spots below the edge of the screen and instant 21 buff slot bar. It makes it easier if and when they ever add more buff slots and makes it harder for Sony to break.

Kat

Club Fu
Taladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
Rafather
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It’s easy to resize the window to make it 21 buffs. If your buff window is vertical then reduce the size of y, if it’s horizontal then reduce the size of x at the end of the xml where it defines everything to be used in the file. Doing this will allow you to increase the value when 22-25 buffs are actually usable in game at a later date.

I use Kanon's AyA 7.50 Strike and reduced the CY value to 441 for 21 buffs.

raf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buffs.jpg (17.9 KB, 48 views)
Rafather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #6
Desiree
A Gray Wolf

Well thanks for the advice, much appreciated Of course I have no idea how to edit any of these files, and I am just amazed so many people are making mods with the incorrect number of buff slots. I am sure I am not alone with wanting someone <hello... anyone!!> to make a mod with the correct number of buff slots (21) so the non proficianado's of this type of coding can just cut and paste and be on our way (all the while giving humble thanks to those that can! )
Old 10-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

When modding EQUI_Buffwindow.xml if you do not call out all the buff slots (yes all {twenty-five}) you will get errors. That is why they are made for 25.
As far as changing the window yourself, at the end of the file you just have to change either the x or y value for window size as descibed above. The hard part is figuring out the size, and this is mostly math (21 icons times the X or Y value) with some trial and error. As you have stated that you are unable to do this, pick one of the 25 buff bars you like and link to it and I am sure someone can shorten it up for you.

Weskat
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:00 PM   #8
Desiree
A Gray Wolf

Oh are you saying the game itself actually provides for 25 slots? (even though players can only possibly have 21 max buffs at any time) If that's what you are saying then thanks for explaining that part.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:01 AM   #9
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree
Oh are you saying the game itself actually provides for 25 slots? (even though players can only possibly have 21 max buffs at any time) If that's what you are saying then thanks for explaining that part.

Yes, the game itself actually provides for 25 buffs and 12 short duration buffs. So when modding the window you must account for all of them.

It does seem kinda silly though having 25 slots showing when you can only fill 21 of them.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote