Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Site news/help Forums > Eqinterface/Eqgui News
User Name
Password

Old 08-27-2002, 10:36 AM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default All moved...... Next step is....

Good Morning,

Well it looks like all the DNS entries have forwarded as they were suppose to, we tested the download section last night to see, and our CPU usage shot to 90.0 (normal is about 1.4 to 2.2). At 90.0 the Server software will reset itself, soo this is bad, but have no fear we have a solution.
Our solution: Dolby is installing a new download script. this one is a little different, and should allow us to expand our download section.

If all goes as planned (and we all know how that has been going for us) you should see the new download section online sometime today or early tomorrow..

Now for the downside: There is no way to link the current files to the new section.. soo if you uploaded files recently you will need to upload them again, I am very sorry, but this site has grown 10 fold and we are expanding to match.

There is an upside: You will see some new Sections, including "Featured Artist" where t.king's and remelio's work will be found easily. I will detail the changes more after we have installed and tested it a bit more.

Again, thank you for being patient. Both Dolby and I think you will be very happy with the outcome when all is said and done.

-Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
Dranak
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Smile Thanks for the hard work on this

I just wanted to thank you and Dolby for the hard work you are putting into this. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing everything in action as and when it is ready
Dranak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:15 PM   #3
Mafoo
A Shissar Disciple

Some day you are going to look back at this and laugh at how awkward teh journey has been. Stick With ot you are doing a grand job with what you can. Im sure i am not alone in saying that we are very welcome for the effort you Guy's and Girl's are putting in (Both you the site hosts and The Authors)
Mafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #4
Xecros
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony

Kudane,

Was the cpu usage sustained thru-out the upload period or did it just initially spike??

Reason why i ask is because if all it did was spike for a second, then you should be all right. Your server software should be resetting itself if cpu usage is sustained at or above90% for an extended period of time and not because of a spike.

Xecros
Xecros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 06:55 AM   #5
Alyson
A Snow Cougar

Server: Solusek Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Alyson

Quote:
Originally posted by Xecros
Kudane,

Was the cpu usage sustained thru-out the upload period or did it just initially spike??

It doesn't really matter if the spike was momentary or sustained. With the number of downloads these guys face when the system is back online, you may well say that it will be in "spike mode" pretty much all the time.

EQInterface Team, i salute your devotion to this site, it's content and the way you deal with it and the users. Being a programmer / webmaster myself, i understand all too well what you are going through. Hang in there, this site is most definitely staying on my fav list.

You get 5 nanas out of 5 from me
Fleurdelys Blanche
Illusionist
Alyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:09 AM   #6
xsis
A Fire Beetle

All I gotta say is:

SHOW ME THE DOWNLOADS!!!!!

Hehehe.... Just messing with ya.
xsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 11:21 AM   #7
arkangyl
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Nameless
Send a message via ICQ to arkangyl Send a message via AIM to arkangyl
Red face RE

er me no see no download section BAROOOOOOOOGA get it flowin babuh!!~~
arkangyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 11:23 AM   #8
jbhuff
A Gray Wolf

Server: Karana

Great Work Guys best out here so far =) Take your time sure itll be worth the wait