Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #32
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Making progress

Ok just wanted to let everyone know the issue with the last bag on dashboard not being clickable has been fixed. Soon will be releasing a new dashboard inventory by request with all tabs and 90% of the content of regular inventory.

Enjoy
Hal
Old 07-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #33
Halelen

Here are the new ini files for Quartz Redux Leather they contain 3 ini ..caster, melee, and hybrid for the following res 1280x1024,1440x900,1680x1050. Sorry for any problems this caused

Enjoy
Hal
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ini.zip (31.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #34
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default Chat windows

ok here is a question i have with the new version and it havving like 6 or 7 chat windows it wont let me se anything to a specific window with filters cause it wont let me right click any of it so my question is how can i tell it where to put stuff woudl appreciate any help

Uum
fgoldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #35
Halelen

right click on the scrollbars or for the text window right click on the frame.

Hal
Old 09-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #36
Halelen

Default Patch

Ok they caught me napping so dont have the windows all ready for this patch but here is the animations file that will get you running at least until i finish the new windows.Quartz Redux doesn't use modified sidl,equi,raid,friend or guild windows only files that will require change are the group and player windows.

Enjoy

Hal
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_Animations.xml (245.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #37
Halelen

Default Sod

Ok QRL is complete and ready for the release of Seeds of Destruction. All new features have been added and tested.With the new interface you will find.

>Larger group member bars with pet, mana, and endurance meters(can turn the meters off if dont like them)

> group role animations on both the group window and player window

>target bar with seperate hott and now included with targets buffs wihdow

>cleaner look to the attack indicator animation and target box

> a new voicechatbar(dont like it? delete and have the default back)

All in all was a rather major overhaul which required some rearranging to the ui to fit all the new additions in.

MANY thanks to Enok!! Without his knowledge and help the color changing health bars would not be possible.

Thanks to those on test server that put up with me for days on end trying to test it all.

Enjoy

Hal

Last edited by Halelen : 10-05-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 AM   #38
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

awesome changes!

i noticed they went to a dss file format, which i'm not sure how to substitute various files to get back the old look and feel. main things i'm trying to figure out is:
  • old button borders used a tga file but doesn't seem to take on the new system
  • default spell icons/spell gems (deleting the custom ones just leaves teh graphic blank)
  • the custom potion belt that you made me only shows 3 potions (possible to size them down to fit in atleast 4 or maybe 5?)
  • deleted the target indicator.ini and the tga's associated with it but like the spell icons/gems i can't get rid of it.
  • some folks i'm sure like myself don't have a widescreen display, so i'm wondering if its possible to make an spell gem bar that is 2 spell columns wide that match the height of the new player window to make the placement of those two windows interchangeable. (the original combat ability window for melee discs too would need stretched taller)
  • deleting the eqbutton xml file makes the icon disappear instead of get rid of the textured border (just don't have the room for it in my display)
  • the new target window with buffs rocks, but i could see alot more flexibility if it matched a common window size scheme. for example if you trimmed or scaled it down just a hair, you could place it above the player window if it were the same width. thats personally the best spot i can put it at i think

i was skeptical of the color changing health bars but they look pretty good and i especially like the new bar graphics themselves!

i attatched the custom files you made for me that didn't seem to make it into your upload. they seem to work fine still and no issues there

thanks for all the hardwork hal and everyone that assisted.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_Inventory.xml (67.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml (17.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_PotionBeltWnd.xml (9.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (107.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Getti Lee : 10-08-2008 at 05:21 AM.
Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #39
Halelen

hey getti to use your old diles just open them up and use the replace command and go through the xml file and change all .tga tags to .dds then use your old .tga files for the window pieces and use directx texture edit tool and convert to .dds or just post all ya want changed here and i can whip them out later, as for potion belt there are 2,3,4,5 slot variants in folder or is yours a custom one....dont remember

Hal
Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #40
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

heres a screenshot of the selector and potion belt window you made for me. just slimmed down to fit in the spot the selector alone fits in now. the files are attached in my previous post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg selector and potion belt.JPG (5.1 KB, 105 views)
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #41
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

not sure where to start with all those if you don't mind doing it hal, hate to ask but i am not sure what all windows to be doing that with or what the directx thing is
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #42
Halelen

Default This is what you want changed?

A)They didnt switch to a .dds format I did that...find it is faster loading since the video doesnt have to alter the file to display it.

B) Reason you lose graphics is because when you delete xml it pulls from the default but the animations says use.dds and the default xml is calling for .tga
so have to replace any you pull from default(i will do that for you)

C) target indicator doesnt make sense since that wasnt converted to .dds...are you wanting the default?

ok lets make sure I know what all you want ..

1) original quartz look buttons and such

2)eqbutton just to be the button

3) 5 slot potionwindow

4) target window same width as player window

5)spell bar and combat bar same Hieght as player window?

6) you want the default speel gems/icons

7) you want default target rings?

Hal
Old 10-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #43
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
A)They didnt switch to a .dds format I did that...find it is faster loading since the video doesnt have to alter the file to display it.

B) Reason you lose graphics is because when you delete xml it pulls from the default but the animations says use.dds and the default xml is calling for .tga
so have to replace any you pull from default(i will do that for you)

C) target indicator doesnt make sense since that wasnt converted to .dds...are you wanting the default?

ok lets make sure I know what all you want ..

1) original quartz look buttons and such - yes

2)eqbutton just to be the button - yes and scaled down if possible to the size of the mail button

3) 5 slot potionwindow - yes

4) target window same width as player window - yes

5)spell bar and combat bar same Hieght as player window? - ok after screwing around some more, maybe a easier change. was thinking of putting the invite, lfg, and disband buttons of the group window on the left so the the line up of the players health bars are closer to the way it used to be? i can get used to the spell gems/combat abilities being on the other side if they are close to group members to heal. then no need for changes on the other 2 windows

6) you want the default speel gems/icons yes

7) you want default target rings? Fixed!

Hal

noticed i can't see my cast bar on melee even with the mods and/or the melee folder files.

appreciate the custom work as usual!

Last edited by Getti Lee : 10-08-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #44
Madisyn
A Gray Wolf

Thumbs up

Hi Halelen! I've recently changed (like today) to this UI, because Quartz original isn't being supported any longer & I just can't load default UI every time I want to kick someone from the group that logged without disbanding. :\ Anyway! I like what you've done & while it's going to get a little getting used to, the new target window just isn't working for me (it works, but, it doesn't like "work" work). As a rogue, I have 0 reason to know what buffs someone has on.

Is there anyway you could/be willing to cut that down to just the target & hott bar? I have it layered at the moment (to look a lot like Quart UI default ini settings) & every time I target, it pops up the buffs, which covers my own stats bar, while a simple "click" covers it, it's tedious after a while, especially if I change targets a lot.

Also, I love the horizontal disc bar, but my wide screen resolution isn't working well with it. Would you consider altering it? I've got the top part of the target/hott bar lined up with the disc window, I've got the casting part showing, but the active disc count down is being cut off at the "no", it's actually cut the "O" in "no" right down the middle. I can send you a SS it that's too vague & you decide to take on the challenge.

If I wasn't so UI dependent I wouldn't even ask, but it was worth a shot. Thanks for your time & great UI!
Madisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #45
Halelen

im at work at the moment can whip something out when i get home check back later this evening. as for the horizontal disc what res are you running are you usinfg the correct bar for the res, there is a folder with 4 different resolutions to choose from in the mods

hal