User Name
Password

Old 05-22-2004, 06:43 AM   #1
Bearen
A Gray Wolf

Server: E'ci
Send a message via AIM to Bearen Send a message via Yahoo to Bearen
Default Tablets will not load

Up until GoD release Tablets was and still is my GUI of choice. But since the GoD patch I can not load Tablets no matter what patch I run for it. I downloaded 1.8 hoping it would run, but all I get is the default. I can still use the UI from before the GoD patches, but I know it is not current. Been busy since GoD came out, but I'd really rather not play at all if I can't get the UI to work properly. Any suggestions? Not the most technical of people here, so maybe some sort of simple fix would help.
Bearen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 12:16 PM   #2
Shasriel
A Treant

The only thing I would suggest is to completly delete your old UI tablets folder and reinstall fresh from the latest 1.8 version. If that doesn't work, you might want to post your ui errors log in the help section they are pretty knowing. I use the Marble Blue 1.8 and haven't had any problems.
Shasriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:48 PM   #3
Bearen
A Gray Wolf

Server: E'ci
Send a message via AIM to Bearen Send a message via Yahoo to Bearen

I think that worked!! Thanks for the tip.
Bearen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
Neori
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Neori

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasriel
The only thing I would suggest is to completly delete your old UI tablets folder and reinstall fresh from the latest 1.8 version. If that doesn't work, you might want to post your ui errors log in the help section they are pretty knowing. I use the Marble Blue 1.8 and haven't had any problems.

I've found that's the most hassle-free way of doing it. Unless it's a patch specifically for a certain version, I back up the previous version install (usually with WinZIP or WinRAR), then start fresh using the same folder name as before and copying in all the proper files as needed, like altered components from the mods folder, or other spell icons or target rings.

That way none of the old problem files can influence the new version. Same kind of thing if you ever have to reinstall Windows due to major crashes, just start fresh so that there are no lingering problems waiting to jump out at you.

Mandayilie D'Seet - 51 enchanter
Kinyrae F`Lorn - 54 necromancer
-----------------------------------
[re-retired]
-----------------------------------
Former Guildmistress of Angelfire Glory - Tunare server
Neori is offline   Reply With Quote