I decided to start a thread for the UI so those of you who have chosen to use it can keep it updated.
This year marks the 10th anniversary for the UI!
Thanks to all of you who have used and enjoyed My UI!
Mav Beastlord UI latest version is now published:
Mav's Beastlord UI Ver 6.7 at EQ Interface Downloads
You can find a screenshot of the Mav Ranger UI and Download it there too.
* Edit * 04-17-12
Current for VOA
* Edit * 10-12-11
1. No more T. King Containers
2. No more T. King Inventory
3. Misc. updates for House of Thule
* Edit * 08-01-10
*** Updated on 08-01-10 ***
*** Important Note for current users of the UI!! ***
This is not an uprade or patch to the previous versions!! You need to completely delete your old version and replace it with the new version. You will also need to download and reinstall the skin files for the Barbarian, Iksar, Ranger or Purple theme if you use one of them.
1. More changes, behind the scenes fixing stuff
2. Used some really old Thomus King spell book graphics for the book window, different ones for each skin.
3. Added new stuff from the 07-28-10 patch to the Inventory window
4. Fixed the auto-equip area.
5. Made some subtle changes to the target ring
* Edit * 07-23-10
Changes! Changes! Changes!
Delete your whole Beast folder and replace it with this new version.
1. Target Window stretchable
2. Player Widow is the same width as the Group Window
Things I wanted changed:
1. Book Window uses an older Thomus King graphic
2. New Trade Window, tossed the Thomus King style graphic for a smaller look.
3. On the Inventory Window I moved the D.O.N. Crystals to the Alternate Currency Tab and put the old Class Animation back in.
4. More behind the scenes changes to reduce files used and fix sloppy code.
Delete your whole Beast folder and replace it with this new version.
* Edit * 03-11-10
More Underfoot additions.
1. Added Stats tab to the Inventory Window.
2. Updated the EQUI_Animations.xml file
3. Some other misc changes over the past month or so included.
* Edit * 12-10-09
Underfoot Expansion additions.
1. Added 5 new spell buffs to Buff Window, fits on 1280 wide screen easily.
2. Added 2 new spell gem slots to the Cast Spell Window.
3. Changed around Merc Window buttons a little.
4. Change some of the click slots on the clickers tab of the combat ability window.
5. Resized compass, potion belt and selector windows to match in height.
6. Took out the bag tab on the Mini Map Window to stop it from crashing the EQ client.
* Edit * 11-17-09
1. Revised UI to incorporate 3 years of updates and features
* Edit * 09-24-06
1. Revised UI to incorporate TSS features
* Edit * 04-28-06
1. Revised the EQUI_BigBank.xml for PoR
* Edit * 11-09-05
1. Incorporated New Default UI graphics look
2. Changed the window borders
3. Incorporated new LoD features.
4. Ranger and Beastlord UIs now share 99.9% of the xml
5. Petwindow changed back to the thin version
* Edit * 06-10-05
1. Changed the Bandolier Window (Both UIs)
2. Changed the Potion Belt Window (Both UIs)
3. Completely redid the MP3 Player Window (Both UIs)
4. Completely redid the Actions Window (Both UIs)
5. Made the Pet Window a little loger and the buttons a little bigger (BL UI)
6. Changed the coloring of the button graphics (BL UI)
7. Switched to the same Hotbuttons Window the Beastlord UI uses (Ranger UI)
8. Switched to the same buff bar the Beastlord UI uses (Ranger UI)
9. Made the Epic Cursor a little smaller (Ranger UI)
* Edit * 05-12-05
1. Updated to comply with 05-11-05 patch.
2. Deleted the EQUI_ConfirmationDialog.xml file, It's no longer necessary.
3. Added in the new Email related buttons and adjusted the Selector Window accordingly.
4. Added in the new EQ Type for the Casting Label.
5. Fixed the EQUI_Animations.xml
* Edit * 03-18-05
1. Tabbed the Buff Window on the Ranger UI (Not sure if I like it or not)
2. New Buff Window for Beastlord UI (Please use the included UI_Character_Server.ini see the readme.txt for instructions)
3. New Pet Window for Beastlord UI
4. New Spell Gem graphics on Castspell Window for both
5. HoTT on Hotbuttons Window for both
6. Added in new markers for the Target Ring for Marked NPCs
7. Added Drakah Ornate Character Select (See the readme.txt for a special note about it)
* Edit * 02-19-05 DoN Update
1. Redid Health of Target's Target to match UI
2. Added a small Consider box to the "Player" Window
3. Made the short duration buffs window smaller
4. Took out the buff labels and added the 6 new short duration buffs
5. Made the Pet Window Transparent
6. Removed the Class Animation from the Inventory Window
7. Added the Good and Evil Crystals and Reclaim button to the Inventory Window
8. Edited Windows_Pieces_04.tga to add Email button
9. Changed the Selector bar to better match the UI
10. Made some adjustments to the Compass
* Edit * 09-15-04 Omen's Update
1. Had to redo the Spell Cast Graphic to add the 9th spell slot
2. Had to adjust the Buff Window to add the 5 new Buff Slots
3. Had to adjust the Hot Button Window to match Buff Window Height
4. Added Group Leader XP Bar to the Hot Button Window for grins
5. Updated the EQUI_Animations (See the FAQ post or the Readme.txt file for how to change back to the default cursor)
* Edit * 08-24-04
1. Fixed that Damn container, FINALLY!
2. Added Endurance and Mana totals
3. Hopefully made the HP total show 10k HP properly, per request
4. Moved Tabs to the Disc window, resized Target window and disc windows accordingly
* Edit * 05-27-04
1. Added the Auto-Bank Button to the EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml
2. There are 2 EQUI_Animations.xml files included
Rename the one you want to use to EQUI_Animations.xml. The Epic Cursor is the current one, give it a try. Believe me, you won't lose it in dark or light areas.
3. Made some changes that are not redily apparent to the user.
a. Made the tk_givewindow.tga transparent
b. Made the tk_tradewindow01.tga and the tk_tradewindow01.tga transparent
This is for those who may use the UI with a non-Ranger charactor and would like to use different colored Windows_Pieces and wnd_bg graphics that are more suited to that Charactor.
4. Moved some Texture defs and animation defs around to make patch days easier.
* Edit * 05-09-04
1. Fixed the EQUI_Animations.xml
2. Fixed the EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml -- Added back in the Regular Plat slot and added the Change Button
3. Fixed the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
3. Changed to Ceno's Spike Spin aura 3D Targeting Ring
* Edit * 11-12-03
1. I completely re-wrote the EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml and it now matches the containers. Be aware I left out the regular plat slot and only have the shared plat slot defined. So if you haven't already, you need to move all your plat to the shared plat slot before loading the new UI revision.
2. Made the cursor the same as the inventory Icon for the Ranger Epic.
3. Changed the EQUI_BookWindow.xml to use the old TKing spellbook graphic. Just like the spellbook, you click the page edges to turn the page and click the gem in the center to close the book.
4. I incoroporated Elindel's color changing health percentage background to the Target Window, Player Stats Window, Group Window and Pet Window. This changes the color behind the heath percentages in these windows from Green to Yellow to red to flashing red as health drops. I also added F2 thru F6 labels to the group member's respective health bars. Someone asked me to do this a long time ago, well, I finally got around to it.
7. Added raidenelf's Nuclear TargetIndicator
6. Changed the Chat Windows back to tintable
* Edit * 10-09-03
1. Updated the UI to comply with today's patch
2. Made the Pet Control Window, Short Duration (Bard Song) Window, and Chat Windows transparent.
3. Made some minor tweaks here and there throughout the UI.
* Edit * 09-09-03
1. Updated UI for the LDoN release
2. Fixed errors that were apearing in the UIErrors.txt
* Edit * 08-26-03
1. Updated for today's patch
2. Some other minor changes here and there
* Edit * 03-20-03
1. Redid window_pieces02.tga and window_pieces04.tga
2. Switched to the latest Tking Forest inventory (slightly recolored)
3. Adjusted the EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
4. Updated the EQUI_Animations.xml
* Edit * 02-07-03
1. Added Charm Slot to the Inventory Window
2. Updated UI_XXXXX_##.ini to help those with the sliding window bug
* Edit * 02-04-03
1. Updated Animations XML file
2. Updated Windowpieces4 in an attempt to match the UI better
3. Added a different Scrollbar Gutter
* Edit * 01-16-03
1. Updated the Pet Window
2. Updated the Loot Window
3. Made the Song Window match the UI
* Edit * 12-19-02
1. Added TKing's new Ranger Class Animation
2. Switched to TKing's new Jade Spellbook
3. Minor changes here and there, I forget what they were
* Edit * 11-28-02
1. Added Yuniargo's MP3 Player
2. Made sure Animations xml is current in both Rev 1 and Rev 2
* Edit * 11-20-02 Version 2.2
1. Minor Tweaks here and there
2. Moved the buttons around on the inventory window
3. Made some text color changes in the inventory window
1. Redo the Music Player Window. I'll probably wait a bit to be sure VI is done screwing with it
2. Waiting for the TKing 1.05 spells, Ranger class animation and spell book
3. Statix had some interesting ideas on his webpage that I may try and integrate. They will be transparent to the user, but make future VI upgrades easier to incorporate and less likely to break the UI.
* Edit * 11-03-02 Version 2.1
Rev 2 changes:
1. Made minor changes to the Buff Box
2. Two versions of the EQUI_Animations.xml, one with TKing Arrow, and one without.
3. Changed Player Info box to have a larger HP label and moved AC and Atk to Stats Tab
**** The Version 2.0 Changes ****
The same basic layout and look of Version 1, but numerouse code changes.
1. Revised the Castspell Box. Took the tabs out, added the Weapon Swaps and used a re-colored Celtic spell casting bar from TKing
2. Revised the Hotbuttons Box. Took out the Weapon Swaps, moved the pageup/down buttons, made the buttons smaller and made the whole box smaller.
3. Revised the Player Box (Which is really the Target Box). Added Tabs for the Stats and Clickers. Added 4 more Clicker Slots.
4. Revised the Buff Box. Made it so it's not resizable, added Buff names and used the graphic from Vert for the Buff Names. So far it seems to have resolved the missing Buff Box issue.
5. Revised the Petcontrol Box. Used the one from Rax's UI. Moved the buttons and gauge around some, added Pet Health percent label and sized it to match the UI.
So many folks to thank for ideas and code:
Thomus King - For the Compass, Spellbook, Inventory and Spellgems graphics
Remelio - For the Spellbook code
Statix Cinderblade - For the whole UI Mod Ideas that have inspired many many folks
Adolek Durf - For the idea to add tabs to other boxes (He tabbed the hotbutton box)
Sylverpaw - For the Green and Gold skins
Sean - For the Tracking Window
ceno - For the Spike Spin aura 3D Targeting Ring
Drakah - For the buff background graphics
Marcin - For the Mini-Give Window
I had a great time setting up this UI and most of all a great time seeing the creativity and generousity of the people who choose to play EQ.
I hope some of you like what I set up. Feel free to Email me at [email protected]
if you have any comments or questions.