Old 11-28-2002, 02:59 AM   #136
Furinex
A Hill Giant

I think I figured that out too Hehehe Never mind
Old 11-28-2002, 03:31 AM   #137
Mriswith911
A Gray Wolf

Default *sigh*

Every time I reinstall vert2.2 CM my spellbook is always messed up in the same way described in a post somewhere around here...basically the boxes in the background are misaligned with the spells and the red background on harmful spells only shows on the lower half of the left side of the spell gem. Also, the red background on the buff window for harmful spells only shows the lower half of the red part. I tried the fix posted for this above but it didn't work.

Can somebody who isn't using a tking book and whos background is aligned correctly post their spellbook.xml and buffwindow.xml files here?
Old 11-28-2002, 09:37 AM   #138
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Furinex
Here's a Question. If I wanted to Change the Colors of the Health Bars all back to red (From white on Crystal meth and from Green on Canabis), how would I go about doing that?

Open the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file
Find the <Gauge item = "Player_HP"> area
it will look like this.
The section in RED will be the area you want to edit.
It will look like this
<R>220</R>
<G>220</G>
<B>0</B>

which are Red Pigment Green Pigment and Blue Pigment

Play around with them to get the color you like.

<Gauge item = "Player_HP">
<ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID>
<Font>2</Font>
<TextColor>
<R>240</R>
<G>240</G>
<B>240</B>
</TextColor>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>3</X>
<Y>12</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>115</CX>
<CY>15</CY>
</Size>
<TextOffsetX>14</TextOffsetX>
<TextOffsetY>-50</TextOffsetY>
<GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<!--<TooltipReference/>-->
<FillTint>
<R>121</R>
<G>183</G>
<B>104</B>
</FillTint>

<LinesFillTint>
<R>220</R>
<G>220</G>
<B>0</B>
</LinesFillTint>

<DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill>
<EQType>1</EQType>
<GaugeDrawTemplate>
<Background>A_GaugeBackground</Background>
<Fill>A_GaugeFill</Fill>
<Lines>A_GaugeLines</Lines>
<LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill</LinesFill>
<EndCapLeft>A_F1image</EndCapLeft>
</GaugeDrawTemplate>
</Gauge>

Ok, the best thing to do is to look at each section of the code, modify it, and load EQ and see the resaults.

Make sure to only edit a copy of your main Vert UI folder that way you alway have a backup.

Make sure to copy the files you modify to a different backup folder so when an update comes, you have a backup of your work to put back in and see if it works.

If your you fails to load, then load up the EQUIerrors.txt file this file explaisn everything that whent wrong loading!
Ignore the warnings such as these.

[Wed Nov 27 11:09:23 2002] Warning: file EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml not found in directory UIFiles\vert3g\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

As they are only telling you that your Mod folder doesn't contain these files so it's loading them from the default folder. This causes no lag, so there is NO reason to copy them to your mod folder unless you enjoy having problems every time something is patched.

Since the errors file is writen as your UI loads, the errors that caused your UI no to load are always at the bottom.

Hope this helps,
-Sokol
Old 11-28-2002, 09:38 AM   #139
Sokol

Default Re: *sigh*

Quote:
Originally posted by Mriswith911
Every time I reinstall vert2.2 CM my spellbook is always messed up in the same way described in a post somewhere around here...basically the boxes in the background are misaligned with the spells and the red background on harmful spells only shows on the lower half of the left side of the spell gem. Also, the red background on the buff window for harmful spells only shows the lower half of the red part. I tried the fix posted for this above but it didn't work.

Can somebody who isn't using a tking book and whos background is aligned correctly post their spellbook.xml and buffwindow.xml files here?

There is a Vert version of Tkings spell book already posted in the Featured Skin Vert/Sokol DL Section.

-Sokol
Old 11-28-2002, 09:40 AM   #140
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Furinex
I think I figured that out too Hehehe Never mind

Well Darn, and all that copy/paste of the code too! :P
chuckle

-Sokol
Old 12-04-2002, 08:26 PM   #141
Mriswith911
A Gray Wolf

I don't want to use tking's spellbook, I like the original, compact vert book. It's just the background of the vert book is misaligned and I only see the lower half of the detrimental spell background (ie the big red line with streaks in it).

I'll include a screenshot that makes more sense soon.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:31 PM   #142
Sokol

Quote:
I don't want to use tking's spellbook, I like the original, compact vert book. It's just the background of the vert book is misaligned and I only see the lower half of the detrimental spell background (ie the big red line with streaks in it).

I'll include a screenshot that makes more sense soon.

Yes a screen shot would be nice
Old 12-04-2002, 10:25 PM   #143
Blitzfeld
A Ghoul

I posted the following in the Request forum a couple of days ago, but I probably should have asked in this thread first. Sorry for the double post.

Quote:
I've been using the Vert 2.2 Ocean Spray skin and the only problem I have so far is the group window. The color of the pet's health line is nearly identical to that of the group member. It is very difficult to tell when a mob has been charmed (sometimes those enchanters/druids/bards/etc. aren't so quick to tell you and I like to see how my group member's pet's are doing). Would it be possible for someone to tweak the group window so that pets’ health display better? Preferably, I'd like the width of the window to remain the same, but wouldn't complain if it became taller.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:16 AM   #144
Mriswith911
A Gray Wolf

kk here's a screenshot, cut down in size of course. I moved some spells back to demonstrate. I guess the same image is used for detrimental spells on your buff bar as is used for spells that are harmful in your spellbook. You'll notice the background for the beneficial spell on my buff bar is fine, but you only see half of the red background for the detrimental spell on me. Same goes for the little color border around the spell (notice you only see half of the red outline around Chords?). And of course there's the messed up background. Not sure what is causing this.

Also thought I'd mention, if you're using the latest version of Crystal Meth and you download the compact ActionWindow mod available in the downloads area, you will get a duplication error in your hotbutton window dealing with some HB_1black item. /shrug

Anyway, screenshot has it all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example.jpg (17.2 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by Mriswith911 : 12-05-2002 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:34 AM   #145
Mriswith911
A Gray Wolf

I figured out what was wrong with the actions window. Just some duplicate stuff that is found in the hotbutton xml file. So if you are having problems with vert if you download the file Sokol-ShortActionv1a.zip, use this one instead.
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_actionswindow.zip (2.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 12-05-2002, 03:46 PM   #146
Sokol

Quote:
kk here's a screenshot, cut down in size of course. I moved some spells back to demonstrate. I guess the same image is used for detrimental spells on your buff bar as is used for spells that are harmful in your spellbook. You'll notice the background for the beneficial spell on my buff bar is fine, but you only see half of the red background for the detrimental spell on me. Same goes for the little color border around the spell (notice you only see half of the red outline around Chords?). And of course there's the messed up background. Not sure what is causing this.

Also thought I'd mention, if you're using the latest version of Crystal Meth and you download the compact ActionWindow mod available in the downloads area, you will get a duplication error in your hotbutton window dealing with some HB_1black item. /shrug

Anyway, screenshot has it all.

Yes, these are known issues that come from Vert him self with the version 2.2 and have been a low priority. As for errors witht he hottbutton and the short actions, it looks like your using soem other mods? I have the crystal meth and the short actions and havent had this error pop up, especialy when the short actions window has nothing moded other then the button size so there is nothing that would cause this that I can think of, with default files.

-Sokol
Old 12-06-2002, 12:06 AM   #147
Mriswith911
A Gray Wolf

The only mods I'm using is the casting window mod posted in the downloads section, the vertical spell bar in the download's section, and tking's spellbook and hotkey spell icons (which as far as I know are just .tga files). Everything thing else was downloaded from Vert 22 Crystal Meth PoP 4 (or whatever...long name ) onto a brand new HDD. No other outside mods installed.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #148
Lokes
A Ghoul

Server: Veeshan
Default Vert 2.2 Compass!

After last patch my compass for Vert 2.2 have a black censor box over it.

Would be happy if either Sokol or anyone else could post a link so I can download it

Thanks
Old 01-12-2003, 07:02 PM   #149
Sokol

Default Re: Vert 2.2 Compass!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lokes
After last patch my compass for Vert 2.2 have a black censor box over it.

Would be happy if either Sokol or anyone else could post a link so I can download it

Thanks

Look in the patch section and fine the vert patch for a quick fix for it.

-Sokol
Old 02-04-2003, 02:09 PM   #150
Detton
A Ghoul

Server: Luclin
Send a message via AIM to Detton
Default Request

I'd like to see a vertical spell bar with the vert1.1 gems, but with no text labels, cast bar, or spellbook. I like the slim little strip I had with vert1.1, and those gems are my favorite I've seen to date.

Also, using Crystal Meth (2.3), the slot numbers for my buff and song windows are the color of Orange Crush. Is this normal or did I goof something up?

Thank you very much for creating and maintaining such a great UI.

Detton