Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default XML Basics

Ok each window has its own xml...in the folder you are only concerned with equi….xml. So to start with when you create a custom UI, you ownly need xml that you have changed..because when eq loads it checks your folder and if it doesn't find it, it loads it from the default. Now some basic things.
each window starts at o,o which is the top left corner..so the first set of numbers for each element is the location from 0,0.
so lets say our element is at 0,0 so its location would be shown like this
<Location>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
which means its going to be in the top left corner of the window. If you wanted it to the right farther you would change the x number . If you wanted it down from the top you would change the Y number

The second set of numbers tells you the size
<Size>
<CX>98</CX>
<CY>24</CY>
</Size>
so this element starts at 0 and goes 98 to the right and starts at 0 and goes 24 down

so if you wanted to make it longer or shorter you would change the X number. If you wanted to make it taller or thinner you would change the y.

I suggest make a copy of the default and name it something such as test. Go into this folder and open an equi….xml and pick an element and play with the numbers then save and reload so you can see how the things work. You can use notepad or get an xml editor. I use Xray and like it because it will notify you if you have an error and that is helpful when you have 50 thousand lines of code. More to come
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
Halelen

Ok todays topic is eqtypes. The most popular request I get is to place the compass in some window. IT CANNOT BE DONE. Now I know you have seen UIs that appear to have the compass placed in some window. But what I and others have done is "fake" it. You cut a hole in the background and then place the compass in the hole, giving the illusion that it is part of that window. Bottom line if something has an eqtype, it can be moved to a different window. If it doesn't have an eqtype it can only exist in its native window. Also some things are hard coded on server side and cant be changed on client side.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #3
Halelen

ok today we will discuss removing items from the xml. So lets say you have a window and there are some items you don't want in the window. Problem is if you delete them, the ui will crash because the server side wants them there. The solution is simple. You must have all items required in the window, but you can go to the bottom where everything is listed and do the following.

<!--<Pieces>ManaNumber</Pieces>
<Pieces>MaxManaNumber</Pieces>
<Pieces>MaxManaLabel</Pieces>-->

everything between <!-- and --> will not show in the window and the server will still see the items so will allow the window to load.