Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Katn
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Changing Backgrounds and colors of the windows (thinks this is the right forum)

umm how do u change the colors and that of the backgrounds and the boarders of the windows?

I was thinking changing it in some program then just copy and pasting it like the same name as in default into the skin folder?
But not sure if I haveto change anything else.

Also what program would I use for tga images (thinks its called tga)?
Katn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 01:57 AM   #2
Lady Silver
A Wooly Rhino

Default What I do...

I use Photoshop - but you can use any program that will support *.tga files for editing.

~ Copy the window_pieces0*.tga files (1, 2, 3, & 5... 4 is no longer really necessary, but you can if you want - it's just the compass now) as well as the wnd_bg_*_rock.tga (light and dark) - these are the backgrounds.

~ Open them into your program. I use the magic wand with: 0 Tolerance, Anti-Aliased turned on, do not use all Layers and do not make it Contiguous. You can switch these options around as you see fit, of course.

~ Use the magic wand to click in one of the solid black areas - usually in the bottom right-hand corner you can be assured of not getting any of the pictures. It should now have all the black (transparent parts) selected.

~ Go to Select from the menu, choose "Inverse". You should now have all the pictures selected instead.

~ Create new layer via cut.

~ Make sure your primary color (for instance, if you were to use the bucket to fill in your selection, the color it would use) is the color you want - blue, for example.

~ Make sure you "Preserve Transparency," if possible. (Sorry - not familiar with other programs... so if you're not using Photoshop, this may not be completely helpful - but use what you can and see what happens )

~ Now - go to Adjust... Hue/Saturation. Choose "Colorize". (This is on your new layer, btw) Your window pieces should now be shades of blue. Just save the files - making sure they're saved as tga (Photoshop, for one, likes having it's own files - you have to convince it, sometimes, that you want a different type... hehe) Then load up that skin. If you want the colors to go with a skin you already have, add those files in there.

Edit: One thing I forgot. You only need to do all the cutting for the window pieces files. For the background files, just open them up and adjust the Hue/Sat.

This will accomplish just giving everything an overall color change - even your money will be shades of blue. hehe. If you want something a little more specific, you may have to do it per individual piece. Also, others have different ways of doing it - this way just works the easiest for me. I hope it works for you!

~Lady Silver

PS... If you have any problems with this, you may need to check and verify you have an alpha channel. Several different people have posted on this, but I've never had need to figure it out as my files always open with one. Check out this thread for how to do that: http://forums.eqinterface.com/showt...=&threadid=1033
Gluck!

Last edited by Lady Silver : 08-16-2002 at 02:33 AM.
Lady Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:10 AM   #3
Katn
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok thanks I don't have photoshop what I was doing was converting the images to a BMP going into Paint then converting them back to tga hehe :P sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But should be getting paintshop soon..so won't have those problems. hehe :P
Katn is offline   Reply With Quote