Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Aaira
A Hill Giant

Unhappy Help updating a bank mod, please :(

I use this bank mod on all my tradeskill mules.
Its invaluable to be able to see all my inventory at once without having to open bags.

Since the 5/16 patch any character i log in, that is using this bank mod, crashes EQ to desktop. not just goes LD but completely crashes the game.
its happened many times and the only way i can log in is to change the UI_name_server.ini file before logging in.

Here is the link to the banker mod:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5172

i would love to get some help from someone who might be able to figure out the problem.

also, any chance to fix it where the names show up when i alt+mouse over a slot?

thanks for any help!
Aaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It's not the bank window, I just tried it and it works fine (I have never used it before, just downloaded and extracted it). It has to be another part of the UI you're using. Check your UIErrors.txt file under the main EQ folder.

As for the mouseover popups, have you rebooted lately? If you go for a while without rebooting the context menus can poof. So try rebooting first, if that still doesn't work make sure Allow Context Menus is on in your Options.

Last edited by Brighid741 : 05-27-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Aaira
A Hill Giant

i make a copy of default (new not old) and then paste this bank mod into it and i crash logging in. same thing happens to friends who use the mod.
what UI are you using it with?

the mouse over doesnt work in this mod for some reason, probably because you dont actually open the bags up. i have context menu on, i reboot daily and my mouse over works with everything else, just not the banker mod.

going to check UI errors text and see whats in there.

thanks for looking into it Brighid, much appreciated
Old 05-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer

I dropped it into the default UI. Worked fine and Mouseover worked fine as well.

Do you run any other mods at all?
Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
Aaira
A Hill Giant

oops i think i mis-stated the mouseover issue. its the "alt" information that is missing. you know how you press the alt button and the names of items are shown? thats what isnt working on it, unless i actually open the bag and do it from there. it doesnt work on the actual bank slots that are open.

the default / old has no mods at all in it other than this bank mod.
i am using AYA on my normal character that i use every day but its not compatible with pretty much anything but other aya pieces, so for my tradeskill mules i only use an exact "copy of default" with the banker mod copy and pasted in and renamed to BankerDefault. so if its working for you with the default UI im not sure why it wont work for me and for other friends.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #6
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.

The ALT info wont show in any mod that shows the bags opened, that goes for bank and inventory mods.

As for crashes, FIRST Do a Complete File Check in the patcher. Then make a new "copy of Default" Rename it to something with no spaces (try a different name than the one your using, maybe its getting confused, try using just "banker") and re download the file and install the new download of it in the new copy folder (your original downloads might have been corrupted so better to start with a new download). Dont put anything else in file.

One last thing to do, go to your UI_Character_Server file in your main EQ directory of the character your getting crashes on, make sure that at the very top of the list, you type in Default It should look like the following for the first 2 lines when you open the file.

Code:
[Main] UISkin=Default

That way it reads default and you can /loadskin the new folder you want UI to pull from.

If your still getting crashes, I have no idea what to tell you other than contact the creator of that mod. Im not getting crashes with that, and I did several loads of that file after doing all the things above.. I used to use it even, and never had a problem in the past.

Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #7
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

question:

why make a copy of default? it was my understanding that this is pretty much never a good idea . . . or is it because there's only one mod?
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #8
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Only one thing to add to the other comments.

Go into the EQ folder and find both of the files that have the char name you are having troubles with(Fenrian_Stromm and UI_Fenrian_Stromm). Rename both of them with a different server name ie. UI_Fenrian_Stromm becomes UI_Fenrian_Antonious. I had a bunch of crashing problems for a while that was caused by my player ini file being corrupted. Also, some UI's seem to leave a more permanant effect on the UI file, a good example is if you load the Delta UI and switch to a different UI, you will still have black chat windows.

The player ini file will have details like chat colors,hotbutton text and friends list. the player UI file will have details about window placement,autojoined chat channels and your tradeskill favorites. You can copy and past the favorites list over if this fix's the problem, if not, just change the server names back.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:45 AM   #9
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudilukudzu
question:

why make a copy of default? it was my understanding that this is pretty much never a good idea . . . or is it because there's only one mod?

Its not a bad idea, just not needed. The game will look in the folder specified in the UI_player_server file first for all UI pieces, what it cant find there it will just pull from the default UI. The custom file can have only have one mod in it, it does not need the rest of the files.

The game does seem to be intolerant of of Copy_of_Default as a file name, I think this is why its usualy recomended to just create a new file, give it a name and then drop the mods into that file, rather than copying the entire default file.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Aaira
A Hill Giant

yay, using the advice here i was able to get the banker mod to work!!

however, the cursor reverts back to my out of game cursor and it flickers. any idea what is causing that?

i have the banker mod alone in a folder titled "banker" and just letting it pull the rest of the ui from default.

EDIT: thank you everyone for the help with getting this to work. This is one of the best eq communities around and while i was delighted to get so much help so quickly, i am not surprised.

thanks again!

Last edited by Aaira : 05-28-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaira

however, the cursor reverts back to my out of game cursor and it flickers. any idea what is causing that?

i have the banker mod alone in a folder titled "banker" and just letting it pull the rest of the ui from default.

Thats a windows issue not an EQ issue, dont know how to fix it though =)
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #12
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaira

EDIT: thank you everyone for the help with getting this to work. This is one of the best eq communities around and while i was delighted to get so much help so quickly, i am not surprised.

thanks again!

That is common when you are trying to pull the cursor from default...go ahead and copy the 7 cursor files from default to your banker ui and should fix the problem. I was having the same issue and that fixed it
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #13
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Copying the Default folder was required in the very first weeks of the new UI during the mid Luclin era. Originally, it didn't pull missing files from the Default folder automatically so everything had to be in your custom folder. It wasn't long until this was changed but the damage was done and over the years people have still made copies of the Default folder.

Copying the Default folder
Pros:
- If there's a patch that modifies the UI, but doesn't completely break the UI and the new UI files / changes would break your UI, having a self-contained UI folder could let you still log in.

Cons:
- You have outdated and basically unmodified files that you have to recopy whenever there's a patch (to the UI).
- You can potentially lose track of which files you have custom mods for.
- Wastes space needlessly.

Basically, the pro only works for UIs that are both poorly prepared for changes to the UI and lucky enough to not totally be broken by said changes.

The first con is the main one. Stop copying your Default folder. Make a new, empty folder, and put your UI mod(s) in it. If you want the Default UI's mouse cursors, copy the *.cur files from your Default folder. They're not technically part of the UI system and are loaded in a different manner than the UI.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #14
Aaira
A Hill Giant

Perfect! thanks so much for all the help!!