Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default HaeldarUI - the (nearly) invisible UI released

I wanted a UI that was as close to invisible as possible, but still give me the information that I need to play. HaedarUI is the result of that effort.

Hotkey bars 1 and 2 are 5x2 horizontal. Hotkey bars 3 and 4 are 1x10 vertical.

I use chat windows with thin borders and no title bars, they are resizable. I personally set mine to fade to 0 and set the /chatfontsize 5, but you can change that by going to each chat window and typing /chatfontsize <number> (3 is average size).

I'd like to give credit to the author of DoomEQ for inspiration on the bottom bars and to Egras. I used Egras' .xml files a lot for reference and used his excellent EQUI_TargetWindow.xml to make the little sword /con thingy. If you are looking for a UI with more goodies on screen, his UI is probably a better fit.

Link to HaeldarUI: http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4733

I welcome any feedback.

Changelog:

06/20/2006:

- Made a version of the player window with reduced stats
- Made a version of the player window with no stats
- Setup 1024x768_UI_Character_Server.ini and 1280x1024_UI_Character_Server.ini files
- Did some clean up on the files to eliminate the "XML files not compatible" message
- Mini-map mod removed to clear up UI errors

06/19/2006:

- Made the spellgem holders a little larger and moved the bottom row down 1 pixel
- Added in short duration buff window that matches the normal buff window
- Enlarged the casting bar to fill the entire mana bar when casting
- Added new combat abilities window that matches the other windows on the bottom bar

06/18/2006:

- Moved more things around 1 pixel here and there
- Changed the xp and aaxp bars and added %'s

06/17/2006:

- Moved a few things around 1 pixel here and there
- Added blackdragons' "mod - minimap with grp"
- Adjusted player pet health bar color
- Changed position and height of casting bar and player pet bar
- Moved player gauges and items to the right for people with 10,000+ hp/mana/end
- Changed the pet info window into a small borderless pet buff window
- Changed the attack indicator animation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HaedarUI_1024x768_example.jpg (179.6 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg HaeldarUI_1280x1024_extra_hotkeys.jpg (242.2 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg HaeldarUI_1280x1024_example.jpg (195.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg HaeldarUI_bar_examples.jpg (257.0 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by dannyowelch : 06-20-2006 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Update
dannyowelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
Daineden
A Treant

Default Looks good

I like the look of the UI. The only thing that I can see just from the Screenshots that I dont like is a Percent listing for EXP. Just me though. May have to Download and install it for my Ranger or Beserker Alt. Will let my wife look and see what she thinks.

Keep up the Great Work you started. The "MINIMAL" part is right on Target!
Daineden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

I think I can make it all fit in that same space if I use the smaller bars that I used in the group window. I'll try that when I get back home and post an update.

**OK, I made the change and now it shows the percentages for XP and AAXP. The smallers bars from the group window opened up a lot more room.**
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HaedarUI_NewXPbar.jpg (15.1 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by dannyowelch : 06-18-2006 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 06-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
BiNFiZ
A Treant

Nice Look Danny!

Minimalist at its best!!
BiNFiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
guzel
A Gray Wolf

Server: The 7th Hammer

i like your interface very, exactly how i always wanted the minimalistics

and with the chages u made (xp/AA) i love it even more!

great job!
guzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

Thanks, everyone! I'm planning to add a couple of features like a combat abilities window for the melee folks and an optional player info window that doesn't show the text stats (so the combat abilities and spell gem windows will both fit for hybrids).

If anyone has any requests, post them here and I will see what I can do. I have another free week before The Combine launches...
Old 06-19-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

Added in a combat abilities window for the melee types that matches the size of the other bottom bars. It is a little wider than the spell window due to the duration bar and effect name, but it still fits well on the bottom.

I'm working on an optional player window that will have the character text info removed (name/level/class/resists/etc) to try and make room for 2 hotkey bars, spell window, combat abilities, health/mana/target bars, and the group window all along the bottom at 1280 wide resolutions. I'm going to have to shave a few pixels here and there on all of the windows, so it might take a little while.

The casting bar now fills the entire mana bar while casting. Let me know if you guys like that better or not.

There's a new song window that matches the buff window along the top edge. It is set to the left of the buff window in the included UI.ini.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:44 AM   #8
Protecters
A Bat

Server: Lanys

I get the XML Error when loading this
Protecters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:12 AM   #9
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protecters
I get the XML Error when loading this

Are you getting the "Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files" error or the error that causes the UI to switch back to the default?

Check the files that were unzipped under "C:\program files\sony\everquest\uifiles\HaeldarUI" and make sure that you see all of the .xml, .cur, and .tga files and not just another "HaeldarUI" folder. If so, just copy everything from that nested folder up to the parent and everything should work. I just downloaded a fresh copy and installed it on my laptop to verify.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
LYIN
A Fire Beetle

Default Awesome job

I too got the xml error and will check my steps. I wonder if it's because I loaded it on my necro and couldn't get a pet window to come up? I have no knowledge of how this works and am just throwing something out there but I couldn't get a pet window.
LYIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

If you are getting that "XML files are not compatible" message, but the UI still loads, you are ok. That message is caused because EQ is looking for certain pieces to be in each XML file. I will do some clean-up to get rid of that message, but it shouldn't affect how the UI runs.

The pet window that I use doesn't have any buttons or anything. It is just a small borderless buff window. If you don't like that, you can delete the EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml and it will use the default one.

If you are using my UI_.ini file for the window placement, make sure to hit Alt+F1 after you summon your pet. I'm not sure if that setting is saved in the .ini file or not.

Question for the pet users... would you guys rather have a pet window with the buttons and such on it? I never seemed to use them on my beastlord which is why I just made it a buff window. I would be happy to add an optional pet window that has the buttons on it and a pet health bar or whatever, if there are folks that want it.

Last edited by dannyowelch : 06-20-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #12
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Great job so far, I really like how clean it looks with out loosing much/if any function.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #13
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

Default HaeldarUI 1.3 released

This version fixes the "Your XML files are not compatible" error message (at least on my system).

I've added two extra versions of the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml. One has only resists and ac/atk. The other has no text stats. These two optional windows can help make various windows fit on the bottom bar.

Also added in a few different .ini files for 1024 and 1280 wide screens that position the windows for casters, melee, or hybrids.

Now time for some playin'!
Old 06-27-2006, 03:00 AM   #14
Loiol1234
A Bat

My friend and I are actually both using your UI. We love it. The only thing is he is a mage and I am a healer.
1st request and you have already touched on it is to have the pet window with the commands still listed. I know he uses them still.
2nd request is for me. As a healer a bigger group window, or at least the ability to have one would help so much. I know it kinda takes away from your "vision" but I thought I would ask. If that is not possible, can I just not use the group window xml file just like you said not to use the pet xml and it will revert back to the default?
Loiol1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #15
dannyowelch
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiol1234
My friend and I are actually both using your UI. We love it. The only thing is he is a mage and I am a healer.
1st request and you have already touched on it is to have the pet window with the commands still listed. I know he uses them still.
2nd request is for me. As a healer a bigger group window, or at least the ability to have one would help so much. I know it kinda takes away from your "vision" but I thought I would ask. If that is not possible, can I just not use the group window xml file just like you said not to use the pet xml and it will revert back to the default?

You sure can. If you just delete the EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml and EQUI_GroupWindow.xml files from the HaeldarUI folder, that should get what you are looking for. They windows will still be bordered to match the rest of the UI.

My group and pet windows are very generic and I'm betting that you could find a good replacement for them in the interface pieces section of this site that would be a nice fit if you don't like the defaults.