Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ? > READ ME
User Name
Password

Old 05-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
yeziateonetoo
A Fire Beetle

Default yes or no buttons on confirmations

i recently have found out threw an accident that i dont have any yes or no buttons , when asked if i want to destroy money or items...I took of the confirmation to never...now i can destroy and even pick up no drop items without confirming it..BUT I canNOT get a rez or even a guild invite cuz i dont have a yes or no buttons .....i deleted all my skins even the default one...and then reloaded ONLY the default, and i still dont have any yes or no buttons..PLEZ help
Old 05-22-2004, 06:56 PM   #2
Aenian
A Fire Beetle

Server: Karana

I am having the exact same problem. Anybody that knows how to fix it would be a life saver.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Once again

OK,

Here's the deal. This assumes you know the basics of how to open up and edit an ini file.

1. Make sure you're logged out of EQ.

2. Open up your UI_Charname_Servername.ini file.

3. Use the search function to find Popdialog.

4. The first entry you find should be [PopDialog0]

5. Delete this entire section of the file. (For those that don't know, an ini file has a number of sections, each of which begins with a "heading" line that has a word encased in square brackets... for example [PopDialog0]

6. To clarify, put your cursor at the beginning of the line you found using the search function, and delete all the text up to but NOT including the next section heading.

7. Use the search function again to find and delete all sections that have a section heading similar to [PopDialog0].

8. Overall, you'll find and delete a section for [PopDialog0], [PopDiaglog1], [PopDialog2], etc. How many you find will vary. Make sure you delete all of them.

9. Save and exit this file, and then you should have working confirmation boxes in EQ.

EDIT: Dear Admins, since this topic comes up on a weekly basis, could you please put the above info into the FAQ?? Not that people bother reading the FAQ, but still....
Old 05-23-2004, 04:04 AM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Stickied and closed this topic.. Unless I get an email otherwise, in the next few weeks I will leave this as best way to solve issue..

If no one can confirm a better way to fix it, I will add to FAQ in June.

June update Added to FAQ HERE

thanks for the post Vitaee!

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 06-06-2004 at 03:56 PM.