Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2003, 12:19 AM   #61
Growthgloth
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

ok ill explain in detial

In the Grownfixed file you DLed there is a file named UI_Grown_93 or something close to that. Right click on that folder and click copy.
Then go to your desktop and right click on it, then click paste.
Now, right click on it once and click rename.

Change it to UI_Name_servernumber now what I mean by this is your In game characters name, like my necros name is Grown and I play on Stormhammer and the Stormhammer number is 93 so it looks like this UI_Grown_93 now if your characters name it Slasher and you played on Tallon Zek it would look something like this UI_SLasher_84. Now to find out what your server number is, open your EQ folder and search for your (lets say your characters name is Slasher) UI_Slasher_## (This "##" is your server number) when you find that, rename the UI_Grown_93 to your infomation. and place it in the same folder, and it will ask you if you want to overwrite the file and click yes.

Hope this helps
Growthgloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:32 AM   #62
Sudani
A Gray Wolf

ok i give up, im soo P/Oed right now its not funny, still not working =(

Sudani
Sudani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:36 AM   #63
Growthgloth
A Snow Cougar

Check you PM's
Old 03-13-2003, 02:19 PM   #64
aameldor
A Fire Beetle

I thought i would just add my 2 cents here. Where you extracted the ui files too, there should be a file called uiblablahxx. Here's what i do, Open it with notepad, hit edit, select all, copy, then find the character name you want to use in your eq directory. Open, select all, delete, then paste, save changes. go in game, alt o, video displays, change it to 1024 x 768? I forgot which, it tells ya in the readme file. now, all you have to do is /loadskin blah blah 1. bam! your there!~

Qaeliel
aameldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:00 AM   #65
youngbull
A Hill Giant

Default help making some changes

ive been trying to make some small window swaps in your UI to fit my playing style and wile your ui is extreamly mod friendly some windows that ive swaped in (player and longer hotbutton none of witch did i create) have borders and do work. All that ive read says that its a mater of changing true to false but when i change the borders to false the UI seases to work. error in all cases looks like this

[Sun Mar 16 22:09:30 2003] Warning: file EQUI_NoteWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\growntake\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sun Mar 16 22:09:30 2003] XMLMerge() Expected a Schema section in other document
[Sun Mar 16 22:09:30 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

i was hoping that you might be able to tell me what i need to do differently to make the changes work without borders?
youngbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 01:14 PM   #66
Growthgloth
A Snow Cougar

Default Re: help making some changes

Wow bro, that can take a while to figure our due to I'm not sure what you have changed. I dont believe I added a Note file into Grown so you might wanna start there by removing that file. Then look for away to impliment it. Also If the skin was created by another person, they may have made it for use with there own skin, so you would have to open the file and look for things that wouldn't normal exist.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:40 PM   #67
youngbull
A Hill Giant

hehe sorry was hoping you could help its just kind of strange that the same window works fine with true borders and kills the hole thing when i change it to false ill just have to start playing around thats all thanks.
youngbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:38 PM   #68
alanya
A Bat

Great Joe, can also add the LFG button.
alanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 03:20 AM   #69
Medicman Ranger
A Bat

Next to your bags you have 8 short cuts to items in your inventory. How might I change those to the slots that I have right clicks for?
Medicman Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 01:53 AM   #70
Niznu
A Gray Wolf

Server: Terris-Thule
Default Melee

was just wondering if you had a melee version of your ui tryed installing for my warrior but wont work
use for my mage and wizard and love it
Niznu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:44 PM   #71
CitinRanger_RN
A Gray Wolf

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via AIM to CitinRanger_RN

Cool UI
CitinRanger_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:39 PM   #72
Iueelyen
A Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

I want to create another chat window but i can't seem to drag or move it. The windows don't seem to have an area for me to drag. Is there a trick to it?

Great UI btw

Thanks!
Iueelyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:11 AM   #73
eqrommel
A Bat

Default update for LDON

You got a update out for LDON yet?
eqrommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 07:14 AM   #74
Kilaer
A Hill Giant

Server: Rodcet Nife

It has been over a month since he has posted.. He has one in pre beta but can't seem to answer anyone. I wish he would at least get on and let us know if he quit doing them or what. His ui I cannot seem to fix after LDoN

Echoes in Eternity

May your day be filled with HATE!!!
Kilaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:23 AM   #75
trupoet
A Gray Wolf

Default great UI --> fix AA categories?

Hey just wanted to post here to say that I love the UI....but one minor bug I noticed was that the PoP AAs do not show the Cost.

General, Archtype, and Class show it just fine but the 2 PoP categories dont show the Cost column so I have to manually switch over to the default UI just to see what cost I'm currently at for any of these AAs. Just something that would be nice to fix. If you know an easy way to fix I can do myself, let me know, thanks.

PS ~ Also no support for Shared Bank gets really annoying...have to switch back to default ui jsut to use shared bank.

Last edited by trupoet : 10-13-2003 at 07:07 PM.
trupoet is offline   Reply With Quote