Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-10-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Container mod having problems :(

Hi all,
Wondering uf anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with my container window.

Simply trying to shrink it a little and not have the name or icon.

It looks ok for bags, but the size is wrong when I open up the new Aug container

I've tried setting it to resizable, but it seems to ignore any size I stretch it to and always opens at the same size.

If anyone could take a look and offer any suggestions it would be appreciated,

Thanks

Ang.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

The container is one of those fun windows that doesn't do what it is suppose to.

Basically, because it is dynamic in size on the server size, it has it's own set of rules.

When I mod the container. I do it with EQ loaded and change it in small steps.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 02:26 AM   #3
Angahran
Premium Member

Unhappy Container problems.

Thats what I tried.

Took the 'default' container and copied to custom UI unchanged, Aug container looks fine (no surprise)

Commented out the Container Icon and Label, resized the 10 container slots to 30x30 and realigned them and when I open the Aug container I only see half of it

Am I going to be stuck with huge containers because the aug window is getting its size from somewhere odd ?

Even tried setting window to resizeable and stretching (which works) but it dosen't remember what you stretched it to

Ang.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:02 AM   #4
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

The size of the augmentation sealer seems to be based on the size of a 2-slot container. If your mod shrinks your container such that a two-slot container is 10 pixels shorter, then the augmentation sealer will also be ten pixels shorter.

It's possible to resize all of the augmentation sealer parts to make them smaller so they fit in the smaller space. You'd probably need to change the fontsize too. It's just more work.

I recommend that you first make your slots 30x30 without realigning them, and see how it looks. Then move them over 5 or 10 pixels and look again. Then move them up another 5 or 10 and look again. Gradual changes like that should make it clear what's happening.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphan
The size of the augmentation sealer seems to be based on the size of a 2-slot container. If your mod shrinks your container such that a two-slot container is 10 pixels shorter, then the augmentation sealer will also be ten pixels shorter.

It's possible to resize all of the augmentation sealer parts to make them smaller so they fit in the smaller space. You'd probably need to change the fontsize too. It's just more work.

I recommend that you first make your slots 30x30 without realigning them, and see how it looks. Then move them over 5 or 10 pixels and look again. Then move them up another 5 or 10 and look again. Gradual changes like that should make it clear what's happening.

Shrinking the aug container pieces can only be done so far. The text display is also based on the size of the default 2-slot container, so shrinking it too far will cause the text to not display correctly within the text display.
I spent a while trying to add the new aug pieces into my container, and never did end up with what I was hoping for.

I'll post a screen shot of it once I have one if you are interested.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote