Password

Old 11-01-2002, 01:31 PM   #1
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Xymarra's UI Version 3.8

Xymarra's UI, version 3.8, is available for download Here

Latest Patch - OoW 9/21/04 - This patch is now included in the download, so you should not have to patch if you download the main UI.

The base UI and all of its mods are in the Xym UI category at this site. Unfortunately, these do not all mix and match. If two patches change the same file, they are likely to be incompatible.

This UI was designed to work in a 1280x1024 window.

The default version does not work properly for pure melée types. One of the panels uses the spells window. There is a special melée version, but it only works for the 1280x1024 resolution. It will not mix-and-match with the different resolution patches because it creates a side panel with a fixed height.

If you have any troubles with my basic UI or with any of these patches, please post to this thread. It's more likely to get a quick answer than an e-mail or a PM. Often questions can be answered by people other than myself, especially questions about how to install the UI and the patches.

Please don't feel you need to read this whole thread if you have a question. I have left the thread in one place for ease of linking and searching. Just jump to the end and read the last page or so. Hopefully I won't let any errors sit around long enough to gather more than one page of dust.

Pure Melée (pic)

1024x768 (pic)

1152x864 (pic)

1600x1200 (pic)

Left Handed (pic)

Spell Bar with Memorized Spell Labels(pic)

Pet Window (pic)

Skins:

Darker Green Background(pic)

Black Background (pic)

Wood Background (pic)

Purple Rings Background (pic)

Swirly Gauges (pic)

Other people's changes

I did not write these or test them. If you have problems, please post to this thread and ask the author for help.

Stats with Text Labels (pic) - Shadowphoenix (I am not sure if this has been updated since I switched the target and player windows.)

Songs with Buffs (pic) - Shadowphoenix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xym_tiny_35.jpg (165.7 KB, 4157 views)

Last edited by Xymarra : 09-22-2004 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Updated version number
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:39 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

very nice work

and you can *force* the spell window to show with pure melee... I have seen it done before.. might check into that Xymarra, maybe you can find something else to put in the window for melee types, and then you have your 1 extra box...

(ie, have two different XML files, one for caster one for melee, but both forced to show)

Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:57 PM   #3
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

I tried a bit of forcing with my husband's warrior, but I couldn't get the panel to show. The .ini file thought it should show. Alt-S didn't bring it up. I am not sure what else to try.

I think I will just use the pet window, which has the tick timer in it now. Melées won't want that. I was going to use the panel for a more comprehensive inventory mirror.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:05 PM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

interesting idea.... will be interested in seeing the "pure melee version"

Kudz
Old 11-01-2002, 05:41 PM   #5
Succubus
A Hill Giant

Server: Morell-Thule

Can you, for the 1024x768 version, just not worry about more than 1 chat window? People can always create more than 1 and place it where it fits or where they want. It's what I do with current mods I use.
Succubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:50 PM   #6
Lasagna
A Snow Cougar

Very nice work Xym Been using it, really the only thing I found i needed to chnge was to raise the chat windows to be a bit larger and alter the viewport to fit. The way it is now, not a lot of text fits in them. But other than that, excellent Can we expect a forthcoming 4.0?
Lasagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:54 PM   #7
bowvine_VZ
A Bat

Server: Vallon

I cant seem to be able to move the chat windows. I can move everything else but when i try to click on the chat windows i dont get the 4 way cursor to move them =(
Old 11-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
Lasagna
A Snow Cougar

You just resize them to where you want them, since they have no titlebar. That or you may have them locked, just right click it and if lock has a * then unlock it.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:36 PM   #9
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
Really the only thing I found i needed to chnge was to raise the chat windows to be a bit larger and alter the viewport to fit.

I designed the border of the chat windows to be thicker on the top than the other sides so that I could pull them higher to see more lines at need, while preventing accidental resize on the sides. Most of the time, I find the 12 lines adequate, but I bring them all the way up the window when I do things like talk to quest NPCs in Knowledge.

Personally, I resist resizing the viewport to other than a 4:3 ratio, because that loses field of vision. My first attempts at a UI had all of the panels in the bottom third of the screen and the 3D world in the top 2/3. This drove me up the wall because I felt like I was staring through a narrow eye slit and I had to pitch up and down all the time to see things.

On the other hand, if you make the whole window smaller, but preserve the aspect ratio, the whole world gets rendered smaller, so it's harder to get close up detailed views of people and stuff. It's a trade off.

Quote:
I cant seem to be able to move the chat windows. I can move everything else but when i try to click on the chat windows i dont get the 4 way cursor to move them =(

The chat window doesn't have a title bar, so you don't ever get the option to move the whole window. You have to resize it into place instead.

Last edited by Xymarra : 11-02-2002 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:57 PM   #10
Lasagna
A Snow Cougar

I lied; 1 other thing Id change. There a way to keep the large border so it fits on the action window while changing it back to the default one? I dont really like the look of your run/sit buttons, (no offence, love the rest! they just dont really fit in with the mod IMHO), and when I tried to change it either it had no border or it gave an error and wouldnt load... what am I doing wrong? Keep up the good work!
Old 11-01-2002, 09:20 PM   #11
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

*cry*

I had it all explained and IE ate it.

Oh well, here it is as a file ... original main actions window in the upper left panel
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_actionswindow.zip (2.1 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by Xymarra : 11-02-2002 at 04:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:45 PM   #12
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default Non-caster version

Attached is the melée version. The spell gems are replaced by a full set of inventory slots, slightly larger than the caster version.

Unzip this onto the old version. It has a new UI_Basic_00.ini file that puts the new panel in the right place.

This will muck up the original, so if you want to use both versions, unzip the basic set to two different directories and then patch one of them with the melée version.

EDIT: The Jan 9, 2003 patch broke pet windows. Please use the updated patch:

Patch for XymUI, melée version

Last edited by Xymarra : 01-11-2003 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:46 PM   #13
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

And here is a screen shot of the melée version:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xym31_melee.jpg (128.2 KB, 1769 views)

Last edited by Xymarra : 01-23-2003 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:22 AM   #14
Kudane
Co-Founder

File on server now includes patch.. no need to re-patch

Kudane
Old 11-02-2002, 04:27 AM   #15
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Thank you, Kudane. I will remove the patch part of that message.