Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2002, 12:52 AM   #1
dalarlightbring
A Gray Wolf

Default RTUI Steelskin

Here is a UI that I just finished working on that I call RTUI. It was designed for 1024x768 screens but should work fine on any other resolutions.

Some of you may notice some of the Vert and Canopy windows/gauges design. I love them myself. The spellbook is from T. King and Remelio. The Help window has locations of all zones and the Actions window has the EQToolbox maps.

I have changed the Pet window into the inventory/equipment window you will see in the top right of the screen. On the top left corner you will find all your resists,stats,HP,Mana,Exp,AAExp, ATK, and AC values.

At the bottom left is the Hotkey window which has a built in group window with your own HP Gauge ( makes it easy to select yourself if you dont use F1). There is also the Primary/Secondary/Chest/Inv Slot 1 & 2 built in for quick swapping items.

The old Group window still contains the Invite/Disband buttons but more importantly it is now the Cast time window. (I nestle it close to the new combo hot button/group window.

The Spellgem bar is place close to the combo window for ease of casting spells without taking up your precious hotkeys. (More room for macros and such without swapping pages). It also has a mana line gauge there so you can see how much mana you have without looking elsewhere.

I have shrunken the Inventory screen since everything you normally need from there has been moved to a new window.

Here is a pic of the chat windows transparent with the main windows open.

Most windows open including spellbook and mini Inventory.

Here is a pic with the T.King Buff and Spell icons. These are optional.

Download my RTUI Everquest Skin.

The file is a self extracting zip file that will install all files into the RTUI folder in the default Everquest directory.(C:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest Trilogy/uifiles/ ).

Once done just log into EQ and type /load rtui to load up the UI and then rearrange the windows to the positions in the screenshot. I force the windows into locations based on a screen size of 1024x768 because of compatibilty issues.

Download the T.King spell/buff icons.

Also in a self-extracting zip file that will install to the above folder within my rtui skin folder. Just run it and play. It also comes with an unistall file in case you don't like the new graphics. Not always fun to re-learn the new spell icons. It might also be better to install the actual mod before this as I have not tested doing it backwards.

Whew that was a lot. I hope it wasn't too long. I am not too good at wrting as you all may have guessed. My English isn't the best.

Feel free to try it out and post any comments you may have. I would love to hear from you.

P.S. This is my very first skin that I have made and I would like to give thanks to the makers of the Vert and Canopy Skins, EQToolbox, T.King&Remelio. Without their skins, this one wouldn't have come out.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:08 AM   #2
Keldrane
A Snow Cougar

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to Keldrane

Nice Skin.. I'd like to know how to make my UI with the same color texture as yours.. the player info window.. that color.. I want it to be that color on mine.. I am using Canopys Player window... I like yours.. but I need more room at the bottom, and dont like the Hotkey box.. and Im use to having Player window on right side...

Could you tell me how to make my skin with that texture? Thanks..
Old 10-27-2002, 04:23 AM   #3
alehound
A Bat

Server: Saryrn
Default Problem with the inventory window

I can't get the condensed inventory window that's in the top right of your skin to show up. I can get the normal rectangular one, but not the corner piece.
I'm quite illiterate on how to work with the UI's, granted your instructions were easy to follow for a newb like myself, i was just wondering if:

How do I get the top right corner inventory screen to show up?
Old 10-27-2002, 09:26 AM   #4
Hedien
A Ghoul

its friend window
Old 10-27-2002, 10:12 AM   #5
ZimaEQ
A Ghoul

Really like this Skin...

One question... what is the EQUI_RTAnimations.xml file for? Should we copy it to EQUI_Animations.xml??

Thanks

Old 10-27-2002, 11:31 AM   #6
Kudane
Co-Founder

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

EQAnimation_RT.xml is probably his custom animations.. by having them in a totally different file, it remove the amount of information you have to put into the animation file.

this should also cut down on the amount of crashes when Sony Patches.. but only time will tell =)

BTW nice work Daral, I hope you submit it to the download section. its very nice.

Kudane
Old 10-27-2002, 11:38 AM   #7
dalarlightbring
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Could you tell me how to make my skin with that texture? Thanks..

The Texture was made in Adobe Photoshop using the Gradient fill/and other effects.

Quote:
One question... what is the EQUI_RTAnimations.xml file for? Should we copy it to EQUI_Animations.xml??

The EQUI_RTAnimations.xml file is used for templates and other backgrounds for the mod. It is basically an add on EQUI_Animations file that will never be patched by Verant.
Just another way of trying to be "patch-resistant".

Thanks for the praise and comments for the mod. I have noticed a few other glitches but will fix those as the time permits.
Old 10-27-2002, 12:16 PM   #8
dalarlightbring
A Gray Wolf

Thanks Kudane,

I would love to submit it to the Downloads section but am having trouble finding out how do it .
Old 10-27-2002, 12:18 PM   #9
jsalari
A Ghoul

I like it

I just have one request the spell book. Would it be possible to make it smaller like the Invintory. I like what the Quartz mod has done with it. Other than that Looks real good
Old 10-27-2002, 12:26 PM   #10
souloc
A Gray Wolf

Server: brell serillis
Default help!

its not showing up! Im lauching the extract app but no file is showing up in my uifiles?!@ help!
Old 10-27-2002, 12:44 PM   #11
dalarlightbring
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Would it be possible to make it smaller like the Invintory. I like what the Quartz mod has done with it.

I'll see what I can do with the spellbook about making it smaller.

If you noticed, I left in the top Title bar of the spellbook so that I could include a Minimize box in the top left. I noticed some of my friends using that minimize box very often. I guess they use the Spellbook icon to sit/stand instead of a real sit/stand button and then minimize the book itself so they can see the mobs while they med. Sounds confusing to me but I guess if you are under the lvl to use the regular "sit as medding" feature, this would be helpful.

Quote:
its not showing up! Im lauching the extract app but no file is showing up in my uifiles?!@ help!

Hmm, the file should automatically extract into its own RTUI folder within your Uifiles folder. Unless, your Everquest is not installed in the default directory which should be C:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest Trilogy/uifles .

If that is the case, I'm pretty sure it will create a whole new path and folder that I listed above. All you need to do is find it and copy/paste the appropriate folder into the Uifiles folder of where your Everquest is installed.

I am heavily thinking of just making it a zip file. Only reason I made it a self-extracting zip was because a few of the people I originally made the mod for, I have tons of trouble geting them to work. This was my answer for that, as long as it was installed in the default install directory.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:29 PM   #12
Keldrane
A Snow Cougar

Send a message via AIM to Keldrane

Could you post the file texture and explain how to do it or no? If so that would be great.. Thanks... I dont know if its that easy or not though... mmmm

Thanks
Old 10-27-2002, 02:35 PM   #13
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk

Noticed you're using several files and scripts directly out of my 'Canopy' UI... interesting. However, if you're not using the EQUI_ClearBorder.xml file, you don't need to include it. I created that file for the sole purpose of giving my windows an invisible border so they could still be resized without having a visible border around them. Apparently you are not using that feature, so you don't need to include that file in your archive.

Otherwise, I guess I should be flattered that you modeled this after my idea.... nicely done.

-Cormanth
Old 10-27-2002, 05:04 PM   #14
dalarlightbring
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Otherwise, I guess I should be flattered that you modeled this after my idea.... nicely done.

Thanks Cormanth,

Actually if it wasn't for your Canopy skin, this mod would not have come out. Your skin pretty much set the foundation on the layout of this one. I am not an XML expert as you could probably tell with the coding on the files, so I had to borrow bits and pieces from yours. I learn fast though and finally know how to build templates and the like.

Quote:
Could you post the file texture and explain how to do it or no? If so that would be great.. Thanks... I dont know if its that easy or not though... mmmm

Sure, Ill post some textures with the overlays that I used to make those backgrounds later on tonight.

BTW, The mini spellbook is complete also. It is basically the same thing excep its about 20% smaller. I'll post that up for download also.

An a side note, How do I upload files and skins to be hosted here? Kudane mentioned about submitting them to the Downloads section.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:05 PM   #15
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by dalarlightbring
Thanks Kudane,

I would love to submit it to the Downloads section but am having trouble finding out how do it .

Click this link.... follow instructions

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...upload&catid=22

Kudane!