User Name
Password

Old 09-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #61
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiigmo
Error: Could not find child ADOW_DisableTattoosCheckbox in window AdvancedDisplayOptionsWindow
Im using the TSS animations, templates and EQUI.xml files and do not get that error. You sure you had a clean/empty folder when you unzipped my UI?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #62
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliadson
Crashed to Server Select while moving items around in the bank...Also Client crashed while zoning into PoK from the Guild Lobby...
I would be very surprised that zoning is a UI error. I have client crashed a few times since TSS release. Please give it time to see if its EgrasUI or Sony.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #63
dorthmall
A Gray Wolf

when i move the eq window it forces me to click on the buff window.

and when i download the b/b/b hotbars and place it in the folder. my 5-8 tab stops working again

Last edited by dorthmall : 09-27-2006 at 11:58 PM.
dorthmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #64
fiigmo
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egras
Im using the TSS animations, templates and EQUI.xml files and do not get that error. You sure you had a clean/empty folder when you unzipped my UI?

Was unzipped into a brand new folder. Very rarely if ever do i use an old folder with UI files (or zips come to think of it).
fiigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #65
fiigmo
A Fire Beetle

Fixed it now, deleted the one that was in the zip file so it uses default one. Work fine now
fiigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #66
Osimillarion
A Ghoul

Hotbar 1Bag Tabs -- when I have inventory slot 7 or 8 empty (i usually have a free slot open to put an item there to clicky that I usually use (Drog Drum in outdoor zones / Mod Rod / some others). When I have this situation and then click on the 5-8 bag tab my EQ client crashes to desktop. I have tried this in several zones now and serval differnt times (over past few days). If I have bags in those slots I can click on the tabs just fine, and no I am not trying to put anything into the bag slots on the 5-8 tab, I can't even get there! - click on tab and whamo EQ crashes.

Hotbar 2/3 - in the UI description it states about the top row of these 2 hotbars having the main inventory slots for bags 5/6 and being able to put items in the corresponding hotbutton just below to be able to click on easily. The bag slots are there liek should be; but could someone please explain how to do this as I can not get it to work. I.e. I can not hold left click on either the item in the hotbar window or the inventory bag itself to make it "float on cursor" to be able to out in the hotbar // if I put it in a main inventory slot and then click-hold and place in the hotbar I cna get it into the hotbar but when put the item back in corresponding bag the newly created hotbutton greys out and is unuseable - though if you put that item back in main inventory slot (any) the item will click just fine from the hotbutton.
Osimillarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #67
Egras
A Lost Soul

I moved bags, items and left slots empty and cannot get it to client crash me. Not sure on the issue.

The HB2 and 3 should be simple. Hold left mouse to get a slot on your cursor from the inventory or one of the 8 slots on the HB1. Drop that slot in the lower row of HB 2 or 3. Then you can move the item from top row to bottom row. Then you click it. After that you return it back to the top row.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #68
lisavc
A Fire Beetle

Default Loot problem

From your reply and thank you for replying... i deleted all UI info and reloaded... including personalized xml files. Looting issue has been resolved. Again, ty for reply, helped me fix it myself.

LisaVC
lisavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #69
madivan1978
A Fire Beetle

Server: E'Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to madivan1978
Default Red Xml

I am getting the red xml error. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

"Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Default 1" to load the Everquest default skin."
madivan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #70
Egras
A Lost Soul

Everquest/UIErrors.txt

Its probably nothing
Old 10-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #71
madivan1978
A Fire Beetle

Server: E'Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to madivan1978

That file has one line in it with the creation date, no errors listed.
madivan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #72
Egras
A Lost Soul

Then its nothing
Old 10-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #73
AngelofTearz
A Gray Wolf

Hi I just started to get an error msg. It may be nothing but figured best to post it and see.

UIErrorLog created at Mon Oct 02 06:48:50 2006
[Mon Oct 02 06:48:50 2006] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Egrastss\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Oct 02 06:48:58 2006] Error: Could not find child ADOW_DisableTattoosCheckbox in window AdvancedDisplayOptionsWindow

[Mon Oct 02 06:49:12 2006] Warning: file UIFiles\Egrastss\ not found in directory UIFiles\Egrastss\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
AngelofTearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #74
Osimillarion
A Ghoul

Quote:
I moved bags, items and left slots empty and cannot get it to client crash me. Not sure on the issue.

Me either but it sure does crash Can stop it by not using them or making sure I have a bag in every inventory slot before clicking, or just use the one that has all bags (like 1-4 if have bags in all those spots)

Quote:
The HB2 and 3 should be simple. Hold left mouse to get a slot on your cursor from the inventory or one of the 8 slots on the HB1. Drop that slot in the lower row of HB 2 or 3. Then you can move the item from top row to bottom row. Then you click it. After that you return it back to the top row.

I can not get a slot on cursor from inside a bag but rather only from a main inventory slot. If I put that into one of the bottom rows of hotbar 2 or 3 it will clicky from there as long as that item is still in a main inventory slot. If I put the item back on top row of HB2 or 3 the hotbutton greys out. Further I can not move that item from the top row back to the bottom row into the corresponding slot to click it; I can move it to a main inventory slot then click it from hotbar but that is pointless and time wasting (could just move it to main inventory slot and right click it while there)

I got dragged to go lead some Dain MM's for people to get their seals tonight; haven't done these since a week after launch (see previous post here). It still crashes EQ to desktop upon zoning into instance (nice windows pop-up box saying it has detected that EQclient has crashed and when reload EQ am in instance but if I try and zone out without changing UI then it will again crash. using my old UI or default both do not crash. i.e. it is definately the Egras UI.) I have now re-done a clean install from scratch for the 2nd time tonight with the same results. (clean install meaning make a copy of default folder and renaming then dropping in the 3 Egras zip files: egrasui_90_Removed.zip / egrasui_90_092206_0923.zip / EgrasUI_MM1_Option.zip and in that order of course.)

I have always gotten the error message:
"Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Default 1" to load the Everquest default skin."
and in the UIErrors.txt the error: Error: Could not find child ADOW_DisableTattoosCheckbox in window AdvancedDisplayOptionsWindow

A month later and these crashes and problems are forcing me to go back to my old UI pieces and trying to replace the ones what no longer work with what I can. I will however put email notification on this thread to keep abreast and hope you manage to get things sorted out Egras..stupid SoE and there always wanting to break things, especially GREAT UI's like this.
Osimillarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #75
Egras
A Lost Soul

I will look into things deep as I can this coming weekend. Might ask around on this one. Not sure how many are getting Client Crashes, but I have gotten a few them since TSS release as well. Oddly I didnt get them during the beta.