User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2003, 05:35 AM   #1
jessel
A Bat

Server: VS
Default Where do I Start

Folks,

I apologise for posting a really basic question.

I have read the FAQs, a bunch of the help topics and I believe I have a reasonable grasp of what I have to do to download and install a modified UI.

But there are so many that I simply have no idea where to start.

I would appreciate a couple of suggestions for either components or complete themed UIs that are a good introduction to what can be done.

If I were to express a preference it would be for cleaner rather than elaborate. and for a consistent theme rather than just adding a single modified window.

At the moment I am using the default interface and all I have ever done with it is move and resize windows.

I appreciate I may be approaching this the wrong way as I have not really considered what aspects of the default UI I am most interested changing, but as I am a new player (lvl 37, pally) I presume people who have maxed out several characters have a much better view of what UI mods helped them manage their play better than I have.

J.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:37 AM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Go to the Downloads>Complete Sets sections and check out the UI's there.
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...&sortorder=DESC
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:02 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Jessel, a few questions for you:

What class are you? (nm, duh, just re-read your post, you are a pally)
Do you do a lot of weapon swapping?
Do you do a lot of right-clicking (on armour or weapons)?
Do you prefer to use mouse-clicks or keyboard shortcuts? (ie casting spells, using hotbuttons, targetting groupmates, etc)
Do you like having all your mouse-click stuff gathered in one area or do you let your mouse travel around all over the screen?
Do you want all of your UI windows at the bottom of the screen? the top? down one side? all the way around?
What resolution do you play in?
Could you post a screenshot of your current layout?

(And, I'm moving this to the request forum for you. )

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:02 AM   #4
Sisca
A Gray Wolf

I would suggest you check out several different UI's and find one that fits your playstyle. Any of the ones in the Featured section are well done and are usually kept up to date with all the latest changes. Go through those and the Complete Sets section and look at the images to see if they look like they might fit you. I've probably downloaded and tried every complete set out there and quite a few of the individual components trying to find what works for me.

If I had to recommend a UI based on just the info in your post I would suggest one of the Vert or the new Solaria mods. They show off what can be done with a UI mod but still allow you to position the windows to suit your playstyle and I know both of those work with yesterdays patch (except the con color in the target window is off but not so much that it's annoying).
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 04:15 AM   #5
Jabber
A Bat

Smile me to

i'ma wiz, i have 4 or so clicky items(epic, jboots, thurg boots, and aggro stick) like all at bottom of screen, and i do a mix of click and hotbuttoning, i play in 1280x1024 and i dont terribly like clutter, streamline is nice but dont minimize to much, sometimes i forget where things are at and i may need a label or 2 :-) any suggestions will definatly be appreciated
Jabber is offline   Reply With Quote