User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2004, 03:29 AM   #1
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Question I wish.... allow 'overloading'

What I would love to see in the EQ UI would be something that would allow you to 'redefine' an item and not have EQ freak and crash.

e.g.
Currently, if for example you wanted to change your spell casting bar to neon pink, you would have to copy the .xml file that has the casting bar in it into your custom directory and modify it. This means that you also have everything else in that file in your custom directory.

Maybe the casting bar wasn't the best example.

Try this...

Say there was a Bars.XML file, that contained every 'bar' in EQ, casting, breath, health, etc and you wanted to change the casting bar to pink.

You would copy the 'bars.xml' file to your custom directory and mdify the colour. You would also have the other bars in your custom directory, and if SoE modified, say the breath gauge, you wouldnt see that change until you modified your custom file.

What I would like to be able to do would be have EQ look in the custom directory and see what is there and then get everything else from default (as it does now) BUT (and heres the good bit) if it hits a duplicate it should use what it found in the custom directory and continue, NOT crash.

So, for the 'bars.xml' example you could have a custom file named 'bars.xml' that ONLY contains your modified casting bar, and when EQ loaded the UI it would take your new casting bar, then look in the default 'bars.xml' file for everything else, and skip over the default casting bar.

What do other people think ?

Ang.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote