Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 11-11-2003, 02:01 PM   #1
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Default Map window, a request.....

I love the map made by Corveus:CORVEUS MAP LINK I particularly like how his buttons don't dissappear when the map is put into invisy HUD mode. However, it is way too big. I like the way many maps out there are half the size as Corveus's map. Can anyone please make a Map mod that is small yet retains the buttons IN THE MAP field like the one I have linked above?

Last edited by jlpicard : 11-13-2003 at 09:56 AM.
jlpicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:57 AM   #2
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Anyone?
Old 11-19-2003, 09:03 AM   #3
jlpicard
A Ghoul

No one?
Old 12-17-2003, 11:44 AM   #4
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Come on guys I know someone can do this?
Old 01-01-2004, 09:13 AM   #5
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Unhappy

Is there no one?
Old 01-14-2004, 09:09 AM   #6
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Please?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:56 AM   #7
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Should I give up on this? Is this too difficult? I will pay anyone that can do this $20 by Pay pal.

Make me a custom UI Map window to my specs and I will pay you $20.00 via PayPal.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:43 AM   #8
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Buehlar, Buehlar, Buehlar.....
Old 01-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #9
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I made a couple map mods for you.

On both I shrunk down the buttons, and moved them all to the borders.
One is static sized, and the other is sizeable. The sizeable one requires the new .tga file to be added as well.

None of these are tested in game. If there is a problem let me know and I'll load them in game and debug it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mapwnd.zip (339.3 KB, 38 views)
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #10
jlpicard
A Ghoul

Thank you sooo much. I tried both of your mods and love them. Just what I wanted, however, I am not able to figure out how to size either one of them as you mentioned one would be able to do. I did download and install the attached TGA.

EDIT: I found that when you unzip this it creates a seperate folder for the resizeable version.

Wishlist: The ability to increase the size of your window. The window does increase, but there isa point that the map will not go beyond in size.
A background texture that will be visible if the map window is moused over (Normal). The Map is now always in HUD mode, it can be hard to read in some zones. The ability to bring up a background texture/color would help that.

Otherwise, this is EXACTLY what I was seeking TY so much.

EDIT: I found out how to resize it and get it to fill your new window. Just reload the UI. Drag the box to the new size, then type /loadskin (MODDEDUINAME) 1. This will reload the whole thing, and your map will now be filling the resized map box!

Last edited by jlpicard : 02-04-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:54 PM   #11
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I'm not having any luck debuggin the sizeable version. It might be because it is not possible.

I can get the map render area to be any size, but forwhatever reason it is ignoring the command to resize.

I'm going to have another go at it this weekend after ignoring it for a few days. Maybe with a clear mind I ight fins a solution.

Otherwise, I hope that the static one works well for you.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:09 PM   #12
SolsticemoonBB
A Tundra Mammoth

I've been tinkering with my map window, too, and I can convince the map render area to change it's size only upon loading the ui. After that, the rest of the window can be stretched and compressed any way you like, but the lines and labels (and centerpoint of the map) do not adjust.

I wonder if anyone has overcome this?
SolsticemoonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:07 AM   #13
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

From what I understand, when you resize the map window, it does not actually resize until you zone. kind defeats the purpose.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 AM   #14
jlpicard
A Ghoul

The resizeable UI above allows you to stretch the map window to any size you need. Just grab the sides and stretch the box. The only two drawbacks are:

- The map itself will not resize to fit the box. I overcome this by simply stretching the box to the size I need, then type /loadskin (modname) 1. The UI reloads, the map is now the size of my box.

- The lack of the ability to have a background in the map often renders it difficult to see. The map window is always in HUD mode, no background at all. If there was the ability to add a background texture, or color that would make it easier to use in some areas.

I love it though, I use it exclusively. The ability to change its size to fit my needs is invaluable.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:42 PM   #15
SolsticemoonBB
A Tundra Mammoth

I have had no problem adding a background to my map.

Perhaps I can take a look at the example above, and offer suggestion? Lord knows I'm no expert, but I do like to make improvements.
SolsticemoonBB is offline   Reply With Quote