Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
J_axxy
A Ghoul

Default Big Bag window

I have searched & can’t find what I am looking for, & am hoping some one can point me in the right direction or wipe up what I need right fast.

I use the “Infiniti_Blue_Di28889”UI, and am looking too add the ability to open one window & have it show all 8, 10 slot bags open side by side taking up minimal room, no need for a dune button, bag names, or borders between bags. I want it to look like 1 bag that’s 5 by 16. I am thinking it should use a window that is not mused my most people of any class, Maybe that Timer Window you see the first time you ever play, the one to tell you to take a break. I don’t know if I have ever opened the window since I first closed it. I am fairly sure this can be done as I have in the past seen similar things like BIG BANK and such.

I am going make a .GIF of what I see it like in my head, & edit to upload to this thread. My art work is not so good I know my XML is worse or I would be trying to do it myself.

Last edited by J_axxy : 08-15-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Adding GIF
J_axxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

the main problem with any mod like this is that it will show all the slots, regardless of if the bag that that slot is in has that many slots.

for example, if you have a large bag (6 slots) in your first high level inventory slot, a mod like this would still show slots 7-10 of that bag slot. however, if you put anything there, it would poof upon zoning.

as far as i know, there is no way to see if the slot you want to dump something in is a real slot or not other than checking the bag manually.

this would be a very simple, possibly even trivial, mod for most of the big modders on this site, but you should know the risks before you decide you want it.

also, the alarm window won't work because as far as i know once you close it in a session you can't open it up again (which is just dumb, but that's beside the point). maybe the selector window, since that has been replaced by the EQ button.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
J_axxy
A Ghoul

Default Good Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudilukudzu
the main problem with any mod like this is that it will show all the slots, regardless of if the bag that that slot is in has that many slots.

There was a similar or same, warning on the BigBank UI Piece I myself will have no problem as my trader is using all trader satchels & my Main all 10 slot large bag, but your saying it is possible to make.

I hated having too open all bags 1 by 1 to find something fast, so I looked in the options & found I could make 1 button open all inventory containers, but they still can be moved and so don’t stay lined up out of the way. I find myself individual moving bag to line them back up, if it was one window I would be set.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

ok then, just wanted to make sure you knew the risks.

yes, it is possible - i know a couple of people that have modded windows to have all the inventory in them. *shrug* not sure what ones they were anymore.
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
J_axxy
A Ghoul

Default Dose any one

Any one know of the "people that have modded windows to have all the inventory in them.", The name of the mod, or be willing to make one
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.

Do you happen to use your friends window at all? I have a mod that has 4 of the main bags already displayed, wouldnt take much to make it have the last 4 bags as well. BUT it is made for the friends window...

If this mod using your friends window is ok, Ill get to work on it.

Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #7
J_axxy
A Ghoul

Default That will work

Useing the frends window would work for me
Old 08-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #8
J_axxy
A Ghoul

Default Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serianna

If this mod using your friends window is ok, Ill get to work on it.

Seri~

Useing the frends window will work for me, should i be wateing for a PM, or checking back with this threed?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:49 AM   #9
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Heya,

My map window has a tab with all your inventory slots in it:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5301

And I've not uploaded it yet, but in my latest UI I'm moving that out of the map window, and making it part of the bandolier. I think it fits better there, you can bring it up at the press of a key:

Underneath the bags you'll see your armour items. Those are to make it easier to use clickies. Any clicky at all can be used from this window now.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Check back here, I should have it up and post a link by this evening at the lateset.

Seri~
Old 08-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Well, I finished the window, and it works fine with everything BUT the Infiniti UI you said you use so give me an extra day please so I can make it work specifically with Infinity if you could.

Seri~
Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
J_axxy
A Ghoul

Quote:
Well, I finished the window, and it works fine with everything BUT the Infiniti UI you said you use so give me an extra day please so I can make it work specifically with Infinity if you could.

Seri~

Thank you vary much fo rdoign the extra testign to know it wonk work with the Infiniti UI, i dont mind the wate as i know it is well wotrh it thank you Serianna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx
My map window has a tab with all your inventory slots in it:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5301

Thank you myxiplx i will be takign a look at this too it sounds cool.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #13
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Here you go and enjoy. Are you a mass tradeskiller? This seems like an awsome mod for tradeskilling.

Let me know if there are any problems with it, I got it to work with infinity, (and probobly every other UI out there, but need to try loading it with a few other popular ones before I feel comfortable posting it as a mod for all)

So. I havent uploaded it to the site with pics and all, but here is the file itself as attachment, just put it in your Infinity folder and you should be good to go.

Seri~
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml (45.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #14
J_axxy
A Ghoul

Default I sure be

Quote:
Here you go and enjoy. Are you a mass tradeskiller? This seems like an awsome mod for tradeskilling.

Seri~

Yeah I do a lot of trade skilling, & this should prove vary vary helpful, Thank you very much

I am in game with the friends/big bag window open, looking good I really appreciate it, a quick & easy Alt + F & bam there’s all my bags, no sound from um opening, all locked together & taking minimal squire footage.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:34 AM   #15
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hey folks, (/wave Seri)

I've finally posted my bandolier, if anyone's interested you can find it here:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5451
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote