Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Fnyyen
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Help / Remake?

am wondering if anyone would be able to update this mod, i have very limited knowledge on how to make a UI (can change something but only moving the Posation of Stats & bags, only simple stuff) but this is just a hair out of my league. this Hotbutton still works only problem with it is that the HP is blocked off into 4 parts everytime i take a hit all 4 move at once instead of going from one part to the next (like it use to).

am wondering if anyone with more experience then i have can take a look at this HotButton Mix and see if they can fix the HP/mana / Endurance part of it my Wife and i would really appreciated it greatly seeing how it is a huge annoyance to have to have an extra HP window open just to see what our HP / Mana / Endurance is.

am not worried about updating the rest of the UI to be able to use the leader AA's would continue doing it the way we have been but if anyone is feeling that they can either Duplicate this Hotbutton with the updated features i would be willing to give a reward to the person(s) who are willing to take this task on.

Download link

Edit: if u feel u can remake the hotbutton's please feel free to Contact me through PM's and well work something out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000025.jpg (33.6 KB, 49 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Egras_Hotbutton Only.zip (46.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Fnyyen : 03-23-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Link / Img working now
Fnyyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
Fnyyen
Premium Member

ok well hehe since i have posted i was messing around with the UI (after downloading several XML programs and finding one that fit my way of thinking) was finally able to crack a small part of Egras's coding seems any little thing that is done that is not right will crash the UI bottom line.. but on the bright side.. if u use to use this UI and are a PURE melee i fixed it sadly tho being a Hybird its still not working good for me.

hard part that i see comming up is either removing the Endurance or Adding in the mana bar sadly tho i havent been able to figure out how to replace the Endurance bar with the mana bar (even tho i wouldnt mind having both)

seems atm the Label and EQtypes is what is giving me the hard time. i looked through some old post's and picked up the one that gives all the label's and what not but i think that is what is giving me the hard time.

at the moment am looking at Label's like

HB_Player_FatigueLabel

Screen ID=FatigueLabel

but when i try and change it to playermana or player_mana it crashes the game completely

am not seeing anything of that nature any where on that on the page or getting any results that work with this UI.. but am just going to file it under he coded it differently then what i was expecting.

hehe am hoping someone might be able to help me out with adding in the mana part when i get there. atm, a fustrated and just going to take a little break from it.. on the bright side least i have the HP working ..
Old 03-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

look at your error file probably crashing because you have player mana also in another window?

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Fnyyen
Premium Member

UIErrorLog created at Tue Mar 24 02:33:39 2009
[Tue Mar 24 02:33:42 2009] Warning: file UIFiles\Egras\ not found in directory UIFiles\Egras\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

only error i found last night problem im having is the way that its coded
the Pic above show's all 4 hp bars (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green)

all 4 player Hp Bar's
Code:
<Gauge item="HotButtonWnd_Player_HP_A"> <ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>240</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>89</X> <Y>3</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>259</CX> <CY>15</CY> </Size> <TextOffsetX>8</TextOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <FillTint> <R>0</R> <G>240</G> <B>0</B> <Alpha>255</Alpha> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>220</R> <G>220</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>1</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground_Large</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill_Large</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines_Large</Lines> <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill_Large</LinesFill> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft_Large</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight_Large</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> <TextOffsetY>25</TextOffsetY> </Gauge> <Gauge item="HotButtonWnd_Player_HP_B"> <ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>240</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>89</X> <Y>3</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>1</CX> <CY>1</CY> </Size> <TextOffsetX>8</TextOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <FillTint> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>0</B> <Alpha>255</Alpha> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>220</R> <G>220</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>1</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground_Large</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill_Large</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines_Large</Lines> <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill_Large</LinesFill> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft_Large</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight_Large</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> <TextOffsetY>25</TextOffsetY> </Gauge> <Gauge item="HotButtonWnd_Player_HP_C"> <ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>240</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>89</X> <Y>3</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>1</CX> <CY>1</CY> </Size> <TextOffsetX>8</TextOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <FillTint> <R>240</R> <G>110</G> <B>0</B> <Alpha>255</Alpha> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>220</R> <G>220</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>1</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground_Large</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill_Large</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines_Large</Lines> <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill_Large</LinesFill> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft_Large</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight_Large</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> <TextOffsetY>25</TextOffsetY> </Gauge> <Gauge item="HotButtonWnd_Player_HP_D"> <ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>240</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>89</X> <Y>3</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>1</CX> <CY>1</CY> </Size> <TextOffsetX>8</TextOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <FillTint> <R>240</R> <G>0</G> <B>0</B> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>220</R> <G>220</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>1</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground_Large</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill_Large</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines_Large</Lines> <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill_Large</LinesFill> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft_Large</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight_Large</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> <TextOffsetY>25</TextOffsetY> </Gauge>

i was able to shrink down 3 of them to nothing so that it would use one of them as the entire HP bar.

problem now is trying to get either the Fatigue Gage to be Mana or useing the Pet info (run's through the middle of the player Hps as the mana portion of it.

Hott button Pet HP
Code:
<Gauge item="HB_Pet_HP"> <ScreenID>PetHP</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <TextColor> <R>0</R> <G>0</G> <B>0</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>93</X> <Y>10</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>250</CX> <CY>5</CY> </Size> <TextOffsetY>-50</TextOffsetY> <GaugeOffsetY>-2</GaugeOffsetY> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <FillTint> <R>0</R> <G>255</G> <B>0</B> <Alpha>255</Alpha> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>0</R> <G>0</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>16</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Fill>A_GaugeFill_Large</Fill> <!--<Lines>A_GaugeLines</Lines>--> <!--<EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft</EndCapLeft>--> <!--<EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight</EndCapRight>--> </GaugeDrawTemplate> </Gauge>

Player Fatigue
Code:
<Gauge item="HotButtonWnd_Player_Fatigue"> <ScreenID>PlayerFatigue</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>89</X> <Y>18</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>259</CX> <CY>15</CY> </Size> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <FillTint> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>0</B> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>0</R> <G>220</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>3</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground_Large</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill_Large</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines_Large</Lines> <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill_Large</LinesFill> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft_Large</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight_Large</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> <TextOffsetX>8</TextOffsetX> <TextOffsetY>25</TextOffsetY> </Gauge>

Fatuge Label
Code:
<Label item="HB_Player_FatigueLabel"> <ScreenID>FatigueLabel</ScreenID> <EQType>21</EQType> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>346</X> <Y>17</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>22</CX> <CY>14</CY> </Size> <Text>100</Text> <TextColor> <R>255</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> <Alpha>255</Alpha> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>true</AlignRight> <AlignLeft>false</AlignLeft> </Label>

Fatigue Percent Label
Code:
<Label item="HB_Player_FatiguePercLabel"> <ScreenID>FatiguePercLabel</ScreenID> <Font>1</Font> <Text>%</Text> <TextColor> <R>255</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <Size> <CX>10</CX> <CY>12</CY> </Size> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <Location> <X>360</X> <Y>21</Y> </Location> </Label>

problem i'm having at the moment is getting these 3 codes to match up so they don't crash the entire UI i'm sure after a while ill figure it out.

but if anyone can spot the changes that i would have to make for it to work would be greatly appreciated. or of they know a work around that i can add into the bar (to make its own mana bar) please feel free to post the code and ill give it a shot.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
Fnyyen
Premium Member

Default had an after thought after i posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
look at your error file probably crashing because you have player mana also in another window?

Hal

u where absolutely 100% correct is exactly what is going on. bad part tho is i was able to disable the mana part of the Player window to where it would not show up. but it wouldn't show up on the Hotbutton bar so is it possable that unless i add the elements to the player window for the mana bar it wont work on it? or is it a player window only type function?

anyone happen to know if i could turn one of the 4 HP bars into a mana bar so that i could add that part in if so what would i need to do to it to get it to become a mana bar

Edit:After thought
one of the extra Player HP bar's code
Code:
<Gauge item="HotButtonWnd_Player_HP_B"> <ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>240</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>89</X> <Y>3</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>1</CX> <CY>1</CY> </Size> <TextOffsetX>8</TextOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/>--> <FillTint> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>0</B> <Alpha>255</Alpha> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>220</R> <G>220</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>1</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground_Large</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill_Large</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines_Large</Lines> <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill_Large</LinesFill> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft_Large</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight_Large</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> <TextOffsetY>25</TextOffsetY> </Gauge>

Last edited by Fnyyen : 03-24-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #6
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

That's one complex hotbutton window. You shouldn't have any problem copying mana from the player window to it - but don't disable it in your player window, as the existence of those screen pieces in the player window are some of the things the game checks for before issuing its "not compatible" red text message. The important thing to remember is to add a unique identifier to the names and screen ids of the pieces in the hotbutton window - the UI parser will only allow each unique name to be defined once.

The player window has some hard coded functionality that you won't be able to see if you do get this working though ... such as the in-combat indicator, the out of combat timer and combat state icon, and player roles.
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Fnyyen
Premium Member

hehe yeah i know this UI has been a pain but at last with a lot of Fooling around i now have a huge understanding of this UI and i do know how a lot of the functions of it work now. so editing has been moving along fairly fast Egras must have been a really good UI / XMLer cuz this is some really complex materials. but being a novice XMLer this has been an interesting voyage to fix this Hotbutton to attempt to fix. but am making some head way at least.

so far i have been able to edit this UI alot have made the hotbutton slightly larger and made room for the mana bar. am needing to figure out how to add in the mana bar, Attack indicator, Agro box and fix up the group locations in both main tab and Group window tab all bag slots have been adjusted so that they are not higher then they are not in the Tab's like they where when i first started. should be an intersting road to fill all the stuff im wanting to add in.. but least 90% of its done now.

am very glad i ran into Oxygen XML editor it made figuring out this UI a HELL of a lot Easier, it breaks down all of the parts into its own tab that i can expand and shrink can even open up an XML examiner to see what went wrong or what i changed. anyhow this is what the current stage of the UI looks like (minus the Mana bar cuz i have yet to peace in the mana bar code in the correct order so that it works properly.

chances are ill post the code that im going to use and ask for some advice on where to place the 3 elements of the mana bar in the XML coding
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000026.jpg (23.2 KB, 85 views)
Old 03-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
Fnyyen
Premium Member

ok just wondering if im not seeing something with the group window that would prevent me from being able to make the Group Assist, Tank, Puller button's not turn on and off in the hotbutton window like it dose in the group window..

i have managed to insert thease into the HoTButton window but have not been able to get them to work when someone is made DMA, MT, or Puller (just wanting to have them in the hotbutton so that i can see / make the person a roll that i choose. just wanting to know if that is a group function or is there a command that i might be missing to add into the hotbutton that im just not seeing between Default and the Current UI mod.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

You aren't missing any secret handshake to make those functions work in hotbutton window.

Display items can be shared or embedded in windows other than their native windows. However, functioning items like buttons do not necessarily work in other windows. For example, you can have Tribute timers displayed in other windows but you can't place tribute activate button other than Tribute window.
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Fnyyen
Premium Member

ok so just even if im able to get them onto the hotbutton doesn't mean that they will function like they should?

currently what im seeing and just not figuring out why i cant get them to turn off / on even when selecting someone to be a tank in a group window they are just on all the time.

if anyone might know of a way that i could use the group window as the function to turn on and off the Leader ability's feel free to lend a hand atm im running out of idea's hehe and nearly complete with Updating Egras UI. other then this leader function the UI is complete. if anyone would like me to post how it is let me know and ill do so. other then that am going to see if i can get 1 last thing added onto it before i post so might be a day or so before im able to get it posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000027.jpg (29.0 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Fnyyen : 03-26-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: brain fart
Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #11
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

Those icons are on not because you turned them on or off but because you simply have the graphic file display information in your hotbutton xml. When you right click on your hotbutton window, does the group-role menu pop up?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
Fnyyen
Premium Member

nope. not sure what the file is i would need to set it to then.

Code:
<Button item="GW_GroupRoleTank1"> <ScreenID>GroupRoleTank1</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <NormalDecal>A_Tank</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <DecalSize> <CX>15</CX> <CY>15</CY> </DecalSize> <TopAnchorOffset>2</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>17</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>60</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>45</RightAnchorOffset> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Button>

Last edited by Fnyyen : 03-26-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added code am sueing
Old 03-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

The right-mouse-click group role menu is not a function that you can add by editing xml. That's why you would have to use group window if you want group-role icons to properly function. But then, other functions or buttons might stop working.

Because certain functions and buttons only work in their native windows, you have to choose carefully which duplicate item you add to your complex all-in-one type window.

Last edited by Corean : 03-26-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
Fnyyen
Premium Member

the code above (just grabbed the code from the group window im using the coding from instead of searching through this mile long XML)

only thing it dose is keep the box's on all the time. not sure if there is something im forgetting to add in or take off.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:20 AM   #15
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

Recall what I said above about player roles and the player window? Same goes for group roles and the group window. Hard coded. Can't be done in the hotbutton window. You aren't missing anything - it just won't work. UI mods in EQ allow you to move (some) visual elements, but not functional ones other than gauges - and even then, the gauge fill is only a calculated visual display.
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote