Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #16
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Heya,

Just coming back with a progress report. Large gauges are a PITA lol.

This is bringing back memories of doing my own large gauges, I'd forgotten how much of a nuisance they are. Gauges don't scale the same as other UI graphics. The gauges only display at the size the graphics are, regardless of how big you set the size of the gauge itself. And graphic filesizes in eq are limited to 256x256 (or at least they used to be). So the reason Egras and all the others only have bars at that size is because that's pretty much as big as they go.

However I'm a stubborn bugger, and there's usually a way of bodging things. I've got a couple of idea and I'll be playing more this weekend, just letting you know that it's not forgotten, just taking some time

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #17
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Rock on.

You rock, I am in no real rush, you will get it when you get it heh. Me being impatient won't help you get it done faster.

Thank you for the update though!

~ Klo
beyondremorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #18
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Cracked it! I was being dumb - I'd forgotten that EQ can only work in base 2 when opening graphics - ie. the file dimensions have to be one of 2, 4... 64, 128, 256. So files can be 32x32, 64x64, 128x32, etc... up to a maximum size of 256x256.

So when I'd made my odd sized 185x100 graphic, EQ would have been opening it in a 256x128 space in memory, explaining why I was getting empty spaces all around it.

I've got a large gauge working now, all I've got to do tonight is tidy up the graphics and try to figure out where I can put dividers.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #19
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default ...

Awsome!!!

I cannot wait to see it, ty very much man for the help. I am stoked. I am using your current play bar btw, so it will replace that. So I need to make sure I dont lose the attack on, resting timer, or resting icon. Not sure how easy that would be to do.

Btw, you can catch me on yahoo messenger under beyondremorse. Or if you give me a way to reach you I can get with you, and we can work together, as I would like to learn.

~ Klo
beyondremorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #20
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Ok, worked it out. This is what I have at the moment, shown next to one of my old gauges so you can judge the size. What do you think?

Send an e-mail to myxiplx --- x ---- hotmail.com and I'll reply with the zip file. It's working but I've got a lot of tidying of the code to do before I'll publish it properly.