Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Caster
User Name
Password

Old 12-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
duncan_watson
A Bat

Default What UI do you all use for Necro's

I am newbie. I am currently using the Tablet UI for my necro. Great UI as I like to keep stuff from blocking my view of the action. Also all the panes go transparent if a mouse doesn't stay above them. Great for the panes that pop up ofer the viewport.

One thing I don't love is that I don't get to see the buffs on my pet. I have to use /pet health to see them. Currently this is not a problem but I am only lvl 11 and have been mostly soloing. A couple of pickup groups, etc.

So my question is: what are your suggestions for a clean interface that is good for casters and pets. One designed around limiting the viewport so that I don't have windows in front of bodies, or the action. Viewing pet buffs is good, also a map pane that has a grid, to associate with loc. The transparency effect is also good.

Any idea?

Thanks in Advance
-Duncan
duncan_watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Taleisin

Personally I use Lunix_Pro_TypeB.... but I might be biased when it comes to UIs

Lunix_Pro_TypeB
Old 12-08-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
Jadore
A Ghoul

I'd like suggestions for a good Necro UI as well. I'm a Sars lover for melees, but the pet window is just too small with his. I have to use default for now, and like the original poster, I like seeing the pet's buffs displayed. That's not a requirement for me, though. Just a good pet window and nice tight stacking of the windows for maximum use of space (unlike the space-wasting default).

EDIT: Hmm, lunix looks nice, going to give that a whirl.
Jadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:10 PM   #4
onetwo1212
Silly Necro

Server: Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to onetwo1212

You may want to look at the mods I have uploaded. My main is a necro, so I like to keep the screen clean and be able to see everything. Also, my spell casting bar/keyboard setup makes for very good twitchy gameplay...a must for a good soloing necro.
Threefour 24 Monk
onetwo1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:11 PM   #5
sundanzkid2001
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: terris thule
Send a message via Yahoo to sundanzkid2001
Thumbs up ui i use

I found that I like the Delta familyof UI's. I 've been using them for all my classes tag lines with labels for spell gems and buffs make it easy to tell what your hitting and it stacks well around thescreen. I use it for all my charactors and dont like when i got to use the default on my one machine.

Guild Leader Coalition of Honor
Pathfinder of the 58th Season
terris thule server
sundanzkid2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:23 AM   #6
Wolvas
A Fire Beetle

Server: Povar
Thumbs up the ui for me

I play casters, or hybrids. I don't have any pure melee. So I use Infinity2 for all my toons. Everything is movable and sizeable, to suit most peeps. It's very clean and most windows are tansparent to one level or another.

There are alot of options in any UI you choose, I think it boils down to personal taste. What may work great for me, may not work for you.

Just nose around the site, you can preview the different UI's. And find one that works for you. There are alot of talented artists and programmers here. So just find something that looks good to you and give it a try.

Wolvas Nofur
53rd level druid of Tunare
Povar server
Proud member of Exodus Fellowship!
Wolvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
Steps
A Fire Beetle

Server: Cazic-Thule

Taleisin,

I just checked that UI and I have to tell you, it's clean. I like the full view and un-cluttered screen. Nicely done there Taleisin!

I've been away from the game for about a year now and when I get back, I am going to learn about these here 'new' UI's and start using the Linux one you've posted.

Thanks,

Old Dirty Necro Steps
Steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:34 PM   #8
Noddif
A Gray Wolf

Got a necro, and I just downloaded the Sars caster one, but I heard that some of the windows are being not-so-compatiable. I also love mine for being clean, and no-so-cramped. I tried to fix my own UI, but it just doesn't work out.

---------------------------------------------------

Faith is believing in something you know isn't true... and then killing anyone who disagrees.
Noddif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:35 PM   #9
Noddif
A Gray Wolf

Default Boo

double post, sorry

Last edited by Noddif : 12-23-2004 at 02:22 PM.
Noddif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:01 PM   #10
Wylari
A Hill Giant

I like Lodi, have used others but that is the UI of choice for me.

Wylari
Wylari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:08 PM   #11
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Default Re: What UI do you all use for Necro's

Also, another suggestion I could offer would have to be Drakah's World of Warcraft UI-emulating mod. Personally, I don't use it for my pet classes (I've become too attached to the UI I use, I suppose), but it is very clean and efficient (as WoW's UI is), and though the pet window doesn't stand out like a big black dot over a white background from a burned out pixel in your monitor, it is noticeable enough, and relays all the information you'll need readily at hand.

To see what it looks like, click here.
To download it, click here.

Hopefully this will help you out in your search. Another option I could see would be to check the various "evil" themed UIs under the Complete UI section...there's a few rather striking ones, there.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:22 PM   #12
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

I uise Delta SPagitti, Tried Aya, Sars, Solaria, Vert, and teh rest of the feratured ones and alot of the non featured ones, i like Delta UIs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote