Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

Default AYAUI - No Maps

I've tried using the AYAUI and it looks great, except...

It will only use "Default" maps, which means, no maps. You can't change it to switch it to Mapfiends, or anything else.

Is there a way to fix/change this? A pretty add-on with no maps is no good

EDIT: "Fixed it" by not using AYA UI map functionality.

Last edited by Vigilantz : 06-30-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Vigilantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilantz
I've tried using the AYAUI and it looks great, except...

It will only use "Default" maps, which means, no maps. You can't change it to switch it to Mapfiends, or anything else.

Is there a way to fix/change this? A pretty add-on with no maps is no good

EDIT: "Fixed it" by not using AYA UI map functionality.

Try dragging the left or right side of the map window slightly and the default dropdown works

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

Fixed! Thanks.

One totally unrelated to maps question:

I'm having an awful time trying to get the AYA UI to load without things scattered all over the screen.

I'm following the directions perfectly. I have downloaded the AYAUI and have in my ui files folder. I have downloaded the 1600x900 Full Screen addon/patch. I renamed the file to UI_MYCHARACTRNAME_MYSERVER (with my specifics) and put it in the main EverQuest folder.

That's all set up correctly, I've done it 50 times. Following the directions verbatim. In EQ, I'm in the game, in 1600x900 Fullscreen on my character, I go to the "Load Skin" option and select AYAUI, and evrerytime, things are just re-scattered all over the screen.

One thing I will add, is that I am using Win EQ2. I'm not sure why the window size would matter, and I know of people who use AYAUI who use Win EQ2 with it too (they referred me to it). But thought I'd mention it.

What am I doing wrong? I just for the life of me cannot figure this out. Thanks!

One thing I will add, is that I am using Win EQ2. I'm not sure why the window size would matter, and I know of people who use AYAUI who use Win EQ2 with it too (they referred me to it). But thought I'd mention it.

End product, everytime:

Last edited by Vigilantz : 07-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Do you have the Keep Your Layout button pressed?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
danille
Feeling Elemental?

The layouts are for either full screen or windowed mode. Make sure you pick the correct one.

Quote:
Fixed! Thanks.

One totally unrelated to maps question:

I'm having an awful time trying to get the AYA UI to load without things scattered all over the screen.

I'm following the directions perfectly. I have downloaded the AYAUI and have in my ui files folder. I have downloaded the 1600x900 Full Screen addon/patch. I renamed the file to UI_MYCHARACTRNAME_MYSERVER (with my specifics) and put it in the main EverQuest folder.

That's all set up correctly, I've done it 50 times. Following the directions verbatim. In EQ, I'm in the game, in 1600x900 Fullscreen on my character, I go to the "Load Skin" option and select AYAUI, and evrerytime, things are just re-scattered all over the screen.

What am I doing wrong? I just for the life of me cannot figure this out. Thanks!

End product, everytime:

Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

I know that

Windows/Fullscreen. I've tried both.

I've tried the "Keep your Layout" and tried without it.

Regardless of the options, the entire UI will be scattered all over the screen (as shown).

5 Minutes ago here is what I did:

DELETED the AYA UI folder in \uifiles.

DELETE UI_Beeber_Vox.ini file in main Everquest folder.

REDOWNLOADED the AYAUI from here and extracted to uifiles via WinZip.

DOWNLOADED 1360x768windowed from addons/patches from here.

Extracted/renamed file to UI_Beeber_Vox.ini and saved to main EverQuest folder.

Signed in game. Checked video mode to 1360x768 and i Windowed mode.

Note: Default UI was currently show (it appears from here the the downloaded patch/addon file has done nothing so far).

Following directions, LOAD SKIN -> AYA UI.

Scatterfest.

What am I mising?

Last edited by Vigilantz : 07-01-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
danille
Feeling Elemental?

No clue. It works fine for me.

The file should be saved as a .txt file though. I have never saved it as an .ini file. not sure if it makes a difference.

Quote:
I know that

Windows/Fullscreen. I've tried both.

I've tried the "Keep your Layout" and tried without it.

Regardless of the options, the entire UI will be scattered all over the screen (as shown).

5 Minutes ago here is what I did:

DELETED the AYA UI folder in \uifiles.

DELETE UI_Beeber_Vox.ini file in main Everquest folder.

REDOWNLOADED the AYAUI from here and extracted to uifiles via WinZip.

DOWNLOADED 1360x768windowed from addons/patches from here.

Extracted/renamed file to UI_Beeber_Vox.ini and saved to main EverQuest folder.

Signed in game. Checked video mode to 1360x768 and i Windowed mode.

Note: Default UI was currently show (it appears from here the the downloaded patch/addon file has done nothing so far).

Following directions, LOAD SKIN -> AYA UI.

Scatterfest.

What am I mising?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by danille
No clue. It works fine for me.

The file should be saved as a .txt file though. I have never saved it as an .ini file. not sure if it makes a difference.

In the zip file theres two files you give us:

1600x900.png (a pic of your UI)
UI_YOURNAME_YOURSERVER.ini

Not srue what .txt file you are referring too.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Quote:
In the zip file theres two files you give us:

1600x900.png (a pic of your UI)
UI_YOURNAME_YOURSERVER.ini

Not srue what .txt file you are referring too.

Just downloaded the file and checked how it is saved:

And the UI populates properly at that resolution on my PC.

I am not sure what you are doing wrong sorry.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Question

Are the .INI file(s) flagged as read only?
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

Some progress

So now it looks like i have the patch/addon file or whatever putting all the menus and stuff where they should be, and a successful skin would get it perfect. The fix: DO NOT USE WIN EQ2. It can be done, but is more than a headache in the end than worth it (as I was told).

I'm assuming the above paragraph because it has the default UI windows in the "right" places. Just the wrong skin now:

Now when I go to Load UI Skin -> AYASoFv5, it doesn't skin it...it stays as the default skin. When I go again to Load Skin, it says just that: default. Any ideas?

If it's not one thing its another, but I am close .
Old 07-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
Annakiah
A Ghoul

Send a message via MSN to Annakiah

So, I have a theory as to what's going wrong (actually I have a bout 4 of them and I think this is actually a combination problem). But more importantly I think I have a solution for you.

EQ is unforgiving about this layout stuff. It uses different layout maps for windowed vs full screen and for each and every resolution combination. This is why you need the RIGHT layout INI. (I'm not sure why AYA delivers each layout in a separate file. All of the definitions can live in a single INI which would make it easier on users and far more on the fly flexible but I digress.)

INI files are just text with a different extension. If you don't get the name exactly right EQ can't find or read it. Some people have file extensions hidden and what appears to be UI_Fred_bertox.ini ends up actually being UI_Fred_bertox.ini.txt and vice versa.

IIRC WinEQ2 makes a windowed EQ look like full screen. Therefore you're going to need to use the windowed definition.

If you use the AYA supplied instructions of renaming the file and using loadskin (perfectly valid instructions) it won't help you work around any of the above described traps.

Since I can't tell without a bunch more question exactly which one(s) of these are the issues, try this:

1. Go into your EQ folder and delete your UI_Beeber_Vox.ini completely.

2. Load the game and load Beeber into the world exactly how you intend to play him (windowed vs full screen, with or without WinEQ2, etc). This should load him with an entirely default UI and layout (and subsequently create you a brand new, perfectly named INI file).

3. Exit EQ.

4. Go back into the EQ folder and open your newly created UI_Beeber_Vox.ini file in a text editor (I'm a big fan of Notepad++ but regular notepad will work too.)

5. Open the AYA supplied INI file for the layout file that matches whatever you chose in step 2.

6. Copy the contents of the AYA supplied file into your UI_Beeber_Vox.ini but don't save or close yet, you still have to update the UI Skin Name. (This is what the Load Skin step was doing.)

7. Navigate in your EQ folder to the uifiles folder. Line 2 of your INI file is UISkin=SomeAYANameHere. You need to change the skin name to whatever the name of the folder of the current version of AYA is. Today it happens to be UISkin=AYASoFv5.

8. Close and save your UI_Beeber_Vox.ini file. Close everything else.

9. Load Beeber into the world and your layout should work fine.

If it doesn't post a screenshot and anything else you think is useful and I'll try to help you further but really, that should solve it.

Good luck.
Annakiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
Annakiah
A Ghoul

Send a message via MSN to Annakiah

Quote:
Some progress

So now it looks like i have the patch/addon file or whatever putting all the menus and stuff where they should be, and a successful skin would get it perfect. The fix: DO NOT USE WIN EQ2. It can be done, but is more than a headache in the end than worth it (as I was told).

I'm assuming the above paragraph because it has the default UI windows in the "right" places. Just the wrong skin now:

Now when I go to Load UI Skin -> AYASoFv5, it doesn't skin it...it stays as the default skin. When I go again to Load Skin, it says just that: default. Any ideas?

If it's not one thing its another, but I am close .

Ah you updated while I was typing out my essay. Glad you are making progress. If your windows are in the right place but your skin is not correct then you have a proper INI but the UISkin line is wrong. Normally using the Load Skin command would solve that (which is why its in the instructions actually.) If its not then there's a failure somewhere in the skin itself.

Is there an load error in your chat window? How about the UIErrors.txt file in your EQ directory? There will likely be a lot of "can't find, using default" type stuff. That's fine. You're looking for anything that says "Holy crap, that's too broken to figure out, forget this. We're gonna use default instead." (I may have paraphrased the error message slightly.)

Can you load a different skin (with the current layout?)
Annakiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annakiah
Ah you updated while I was typing out my essay. Glad you are making progress. If your windows are in the right place but your skin is not correct then you have a proper INI but the UISkin line is wrong. Normally using the Load Skin command would solve that (which is why its in the instructions actually.) If its not then there's a failure somewhere in the skin itself.

Is there an load error in your chat window? How about the UIErrors.txt file in your EQ directory? There will likely be a lot of "can't find, using default" type stuff. That's fine. You're looking for anything that says "Holy crap, that's too broken to figure out, forget this. We're gonna use default instead." (I may have paraphrased the error message slightly.)

Can you load a different skin (with the current layout?)

Well no, it wasn't loading any Skin. Also, what I thought was a step in the right direction So I am back to square 1.

Currently working on your suggestions in your post I will post the resulted screenshot.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

This appears as close as I'm going to get Not bad, I suppose I can edit the hotbars and resize some things.

Just curious though why doesn't things fit automatically?